How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

18-03-2009
fashion icon

I can't believe that not one American model will be on that US Vogue cover.

18-03-2009
fashion insider

The US Vogue cover is NOT for new models, it's meant for models who are muses, and who are on the TOP of their game. It is supposed to co-exist with the Model as Muse exhibit at the MET. I think the lineup is a beautiful mix of diversity, and models who are wel known and some more new to the scene.

18-03-2009
V.I.P.

^ And I can't see the logic behind that kind of comments. If models got magazine covers and ad campaigns based on their nationality, only American, French and Italian girls would ever make it big...

18-03-2009
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by taben View Post
That's exactly because she's appeared in every single issue for years that I think one cover was enough... and she has a nice body but not the best body out there... I doubt anyone would get a Vogue US cover for their body anyway... Especially since when she's wearing clothes she doesn't look any different from other models
Well like it or not she is a US Vogue favorite, she's well experience in the industry, and since her last cover she's done ALOT. And Vogue really does apreciate her Supermodel body, they have mentioned it in an article in the magazine before.

18-03-2009
V.I.P.

^ I don't mean to start a debate but I'm not a Caroline fan, yet I used to see her everywhere a few seasons ago. Now I don't anymore, so from the perspective of someone who doesn't visit her thread, she's lost a LOT of her exposure, much like Stam has... Compared to Raquel, Natasha, Isabeli, Jourdan, Anna or Lara who have been EVERYWHERE for a few seasons now, and Liya and Natalia who are icones, Trentini seems a little random... I'm not saying she doesn't deserve to be on the cover, obviously being a Wintour favourite deserves some kind of reward, I'm just saying she doesn't really fit in with the other girls IMO...

18-03-2009
fashion insider

I don't visit her thread, I havent ever visited her thread. Maybe she's lost her exposure sure, but she'll always remain a Vogue girl, and that counts for something.

18-03-2009
don't look down

Some wrestling websites - including www.wrestling-edge.com - reported on March 18th:

Quote:
The following was sent out by Chyna's official website: Chyna will be on the cover of an upcoming summer issue of Vanity Fair Magazine. The article will feature several new photos of Chyna as well as an article on Chyna's new book, coming this fall, which will be called "Paper Doll". In the Vanity Fair interview Chyna also discusses upcoming movie roles, how her life has changed since appearing on Celebrity Rehab, her plans for the future and much more.

18-03-2009
V.I.P.

^^That is so random, a feature sure, but a VF cover?

18-03-2009
The future is stupid

I can't possibly see how she's going to land a VF cover... but more importantly... how did you ever land on that website tigerrouge

18-03-2009
don't look down

I was doing a random google search for something else entirely, and noted that result about halfway down the page. I think it's the most improbable cover rumour I've heard for some time - with no disrespect to Joanie, who's had quite a life, although the last cover I remember seeing her on was Playboy. Well, if she turns up in VF, at least it wouldn't be the usual celebrity profile.

Though I will own up to watching numerous hours of wrestling when The Rock was a main part of the storyline, which is already sending me into a reverie about his mighty thighs...

18-03-2009
backstage pass

How random ? I loved wrestling when it was good but Chyna can't possibly score a Vanity Fair cover. She has little to no career left. I could understand when she was an active wrestler but the Celeb rehab show and that disgusting vile sex tape are the only "jobs" she has on her resume for the past 8 years. Oh sorry her book.. Forgot about that.

18-03-2009
V.I.P.

I'd buy an issue with Chyna on the cover, she's definitely not the typical celeb and she's been through a lot.

18-03-2009
trendsetter

OH MAN I LOVE IT!!!! lol

that is just priceless.

18-03-2009
V.I.P.

18-03-2009
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by XavierRaphael View Post
The US Vogue cover is NOT for new models, it's meant for models who are muses, and who are on the TOP of their game. It is supposed to co-exist with the Model as Muse exhibit at the MET. I think the lineup is a beautiful mix of diversity, and models who are wel known and some more new to the scene.
Oh and which designers are these models muses for right now?

I'll have to see this to believe it.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, cover, rumor, thread