How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

19-03-2009
fashion insider

they will mix in anna j jourdan and lara, it would be far to obvious if they were all together.

19-03-2009
V.I.P.

^

mikel I can't remember he has, but I'm no expert on VP, I just know he's works for Vogue Italia, i-D and Vogue US

19-03-2009
she's got the look

I can't wait for this cover, but not exactly to see the cover itself... Just to move on, because it's been the subject since january I think

19-03-2009
fashion insider

lol thiago your right

19-03-2009
V.I.P.

May Allure cover: Blake Lively.

Thanks to designer<3er for the info.

19-03-2009
don't look down

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIs View Post
Also, assuming that Vogue model cover is going to be a fold out, who's going to get "shafted"?
I have wondered about the layout of the line-up - will it be a gatefold or will it be a simple group shot on one page?

It is entirely possible that more than three models can be on the main cover - remember the US Vogue cover of April 1992, when Anna packed ten supermodels into the same shot.

However, there is something visually harmonious about having three girls per 'page'.

If so, I also wonder if Anna will be putting a black model on the main cover, to make it 'three in a row'. Cynically speaking, that 'three in a row' would enable US Vogue to claim that it's achieved something notable for diversity (when really, it's all about doing something that makes you different to your competitors, and keeping your magazine in the headlines, and any promotional news stories will be useful to help sell a cover shot of models)

Obviously, having a range of skin colours on the cover is a good thing socially etc, but underneath it all, I can see how it could be commercially useful for US Vogue to do that.

19-03-2009
V.I.P.

I will be shocked if Liya and Jourdan both appear on the main page.

19-03-2009
fashion insider

they will obviously put atleast 1 black model on the main cover.
they have to, with liya and jourdan, dotn waste them on a foldout.

19-03-2009
trendsetter

I don't see why they can't just put all those girls on one main cover. And It's pretty sad that no American girls on going to be used on a US Vogue. Let's support girls from other countries who get support from their own country, but let's ignore our own girls. But of course that is how America is with so many things.

19-03-2009
fashion insider

if you put them all on one cover, you really cant admire their beauty, thats why i hope they dont.

19-03-2009
V.I.P.

I wonder if there are more than 9 girls...because even on 2004 cover, Eugenia was meant to be there and Meisel was 'mad/off' with her that day so she never made the cover. Remember the story that someone got sent home from this shoot as well from The Imagist?

Anyway....I just hope Karlie or Arlenis would still have a chance of getting the cover, we can't know until we see it I suppose.

19-03-2009
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by XavierRaphael View Post
A muse does not necessarily have to be for a designer. A muse comes from classic Mythology, there were muses for many different things a muse is also a way to inspire people. So for example Liya Kebede inspires me to become more charitable, Jourdan Dunn can inspire young black girls to become something huge in the modeling industry. Lara Stone is muse to Ricardo Tisci who admires her very French aesthetic and "look" he loves her raw edginess, which encourages him to make designs to suit that type of woman. Natalia Vodianove is an artistic muse meaning alot of artists enjoy painting her, there was an article on that in the October 2008 Vogue I believe. So many of these models are indeed muses. You may as well start beliving this now because their all confirmed for a cover, unless your the "ignorance is bliss type".
I'm the "see it to believe it" type, thank you.

19-03-2009
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThiagoMello View Post
If I had to guess, I'd say it's a three pages cover: Liya, Natalia and Raquel on the front, Trentini, Isabeli, Natasha on the second and Jourdan, Lara and Anna on the third. Raquel could be on the second and Trentini on the first. But I as fas as I remember Carol hasn't been on Vogue this year.
Carol was in the "shine a light" editorial in December, but if you are referring to 2009 then no.

19-03-2009
front row

does anyone know if the model issues have sold more or less copies?

19-03-2009
front row

Also, has an Asian ever been on the cover of American Vogue?

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, cover, rumor, thread