How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

19-03-2009
V.I.P.

^^ as far as US Vogue goes..less. Liya Kebede's cover (of 2005? i think) sold the least of all those issues that year.
i'm sure that's the same case with all model covers..with the exception of Gisele and Lebron's infamous issue.

19-03-2009
front row

I feel like the fashion bite is seriously biting right now, maybe this issue will sell well....

19-03-2009
The future is stupid

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaunaApell View Post
I'm the "see it to believe it" type, thank you.
Me too ShaunaApell For me this cover will be confirmed when I actually see an image of it.

19-03-2009
V.I.P.

i would say i'm in this category as well as someone here once said "nothing is ever final until it is in print" - unknown

Last edited by Mchunu; 19-03-2009 at 07:21 PM.

19-03-2009
don't look down

I think that was me, probably around the time I was editing a newspaper where the owner would come down to the office and change the headline story five minutes before we'd send it to the printers.

19-03-2009
The future is stupid

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerrouge View Post
I think that was me, probably around the time I was editing a newspaper where the owner would come down to the office and change the headline story five minutes before we'd send it to the printers.
Oh yeah... When I worked in advertising... I can't even begin to say how many times I had to send a new version of an ad for major fashion clients to the magazine printer after the final version had already been sent.

19-03-2009
trendsetter

I agree with Thiago, this May Vogue cover discussion is really getting monotonous lol. I just wanna see it so I don't hear speculations anymore!

But on the topic, I think that it will probably be a 3-page fold-out cover like the 2004 supermodel issue. Natalia, Liya, and either Carole or Raquel will make it on the front because they are the biggest models of the bunch. Lara will be on the third page because she has never been in or on Vogue before, so they certainly won't give her a prominent spot. Jourdan and Natasha will be on the second page, with either Carole or Raquel. Anna J. will be on the last page with Lara, and so will Isabeli.

But honestly, I have no idea what they are going to do. I just want to see it so we can focus on a new topic lol.

Last edited by vavavinny; 19-03-2009 at 07:48 PM.

19-03-2009
trendsetter

Well, we still have the rumor of Eliza for VI April
Im guessing its a bit away for VP May...
So right now it seems USV is the only big mag we can discuss, since Numero or i-D rumors are rare

19-03-2009
V.I.P.

snap to chic

20-03-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
W'S NEW FACES EXTRAVAGANZA

After a brief hiatus the Hiss Squad is back to a high pitch with the reports that Inez and Vinoodh are canvassing for the best of the season's best new faces for a blockbuster edit in an upcoming issue of W....Start making your short lists today!

In the comments....

Quote:
Just fact checked and ..
Submitted by Wayne on Thu, 2009-03-19 21:27.
It IS Craig and Alex. The I &V shoot uses new girls but is not a Newcomers story. The McDean story is.

I really hope Jac & Sigrid gets included.

theimagist

Last edited by surrealseven; 20-03-2009 at 07:38 AM.

20-03-2009
trendsetter

Wow. A lot of magazines are doing the "models of the moment" thing lately. I love it! As for the US Vogue model cover rumor, great cast in my opinion.

20-03-2009
V.I.P.

Really hoping that all the US Vogue rumours are true: sounds brilliant! As for VI - PLEASE...is it so hard to just ignore all these Eliza's, Pixie's, Alice's and put a decent model on the cover?! But let's wait and see

20-03-2009
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Dalloway View Post
May Allure cover: Blake Lively.

Thanks to designer<3er for the info.
Thanks for the info. Well thats all the major Conde West magazines that have had her on the cover. The amount of covers the Gossip Girl crew get is crazy. Every month since August last year they have had a cover or feature in a magazine...

20-03-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
Well, we still have the rumor of Eliza for VI April
eliza who ?

20-03-2009
French Chic

Eliza Cummings........unfortunately

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags