How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

25-03-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XavierRaphael View Post
US Vogue May 2009: Liya Kebede, Caroline Trentini, Natalia Vodianova, Natasha Poly, Jourdan Dunn, Racquel Zimmermann, Isabeli Fontana, Lara Stone and Anna Jagodzinska
i read 10 pages and i didn't find the comments that show Lara Stone and Anna J as confirmed part of the cover cast.

can anyone be so kind to tell me how we get the rumor/confirmation they boh will be there?

because in an interview caroline said about this project and mentioned her, liya, natalia, natasha, jourdan, raquel and isabeli as part of it and the issue dedicated to their career.

this means to me that the other 2 shot in some other days or arrived lately or there was a secret on the last 2 models so caroline didn't say their names (???)

25-03-2009
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by taben View Post
^ There's no pic of Gisele in the article but they mention her so I think she'll be included... Same for Claudia
Oh silly me lol. Thanks taben! I didn't even read the article, just looked at the pics. I figured Claudia should be there too, seeing as she is so ubiquitous nowadays.

25-03-2009
trendsetter

^This whole Vogue cover thing has turned into a ridiculous guessing game. I don't think anyone knows for sure who will be on the cover besides the girls who have already been confirmed (Liya, Raquel, Natalia, Caroline, Jourdan, Natasha, and Isabeli). Heck, maybe they will be the only ones on the cover. It would make sense, they have are all Vogue favorites, even Natasha, who has been prominently featured in the last three issues. As far as I am concerned, the rumors about Anna and Lara are just that, rumors. It seems a little far-fetched that Anna would put someone who has never even been in her magazine on a cover dedicated to the careers of models who are Vogue regulars. Same with Anna, she is nowhere near the caliber as the confirmed models. I would not be surprised if the magazine came out and Lara and Anna were nowhere to be seen actually. We will all just have to wait and see I guess.

Last edited by vavavinny; 25-03-2009 at 11:20 AM.

25-03-2009
V.I.P.

yes i agree with you. the thing of anna and lara seems totally stupid for me. because caroline interview was very clear on the cast.

anyway what is jourdann doing amongst all those Uber-models? she is a new face compared to them, out of place in my opinion

25-03-2009
trendsetter

^Jourdan is a little out of place. But she is arguably the top African American model out there (besides Chanel Iman, who it seems is in line to become the next Tyra Banks- which is not the best thing lol). In my opinion, Jourdan is there to add ethnic variation. It would be a little odd if Liya was the only woman of color on the cover. And the editors at Vogue seem to like Jourdan a lot, so it makes sense.

Last edited by vavavinny; 25-03-2009 at 11:29 AM.

25-03-2009
V.I.P.

if you want to talk about ethnic variation, come on they already had liya on the cover!

the line up is perfect except jourdann (i already take off anna or lara because seems strange to me).
raquel confirmed to me and my friend rado that she will be there (this happened in milano fashion week) and i'm glad she is there.

isabeli, natalia, liya: they have their status since the cover of us vogue 2004, you can't do wrong putting them. plus their are mothers and anna wintour loves this very much.

joudann is going to be big but i thought this was a different kind of cover, not for the new stars, but for the established stars.

natasha deserves her place.

the cover is close to the perfection anyway

25-03-2009
V.I.P.

Why did you ever think its for "established" models only? I dont get that, there were several comments about this alredy, who said its only for models who have attained some sort of "status"? As faar as i know, this cover is because of the theme of the MET, and several generations of models, from well established, iconic to brand new will be featured, which makes perfect sense, so can we stop this nonsense of "why is she there, she is out of place", "she deserves or not the cover"?

25-03-2009
V.I.P.

^^"Come on they already had Liya" Are you serious?

That's exactly the wrong opinion. It's like you have to have a black model although you don't want them/can't stand them at all.

But it's okay to have three girls from Brazil who already had their cover and have been in US Vogue very often? I don't think so and I would take a girl with another ethinicity over Isabeli and Caroline. Sorry Francy but that comment seemed way to racist.

Last edited by tocceve; 25-03-2009 at 11:41 AM.

25-03-2009
V.I.P.

dear, from caroline words this is mostly an issue dedicated to thier career. and you want to compare joudann's career to the ones of models that are around since 12 years? anyway if your point is correct (that anyone could be put on this cover), it's probable also lara and anna will be on

25-03-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcel View Post
^^"Come on they already had Liya" Are you serious?

That's exactly the wrong opinion. It's like you have to have a black model although you don't want them/can't stand them at all.

But it's okay to have three girls from Brazil who already had their cover and have been in US Vogue very often? I don't think so and I would take a girl with another ethinicity over Isabeli and Caroline. Sorry Francy but that comment seemed way to racist.
totally not! sorry if it came that way

i met jourdann in milano also talked to her she is very nice, i like her. but she is very young.. you didn't understand what i mean.. she is like a baby in a grondmother cloth

25-03-2009
trendsetter

Yes, Liya is already there, but I don't think Anna wants to ignite a forest worth of angry reader mail by putting a sole black woman on the cover lol.

I agree though that Jourdan is definitely not as established as any of the other girls and seems a little out of place. I really didn't think her career would be as big as it has become. But she is very successful. She has taken Liya's reins as being the top model of African descent.

I agree with everything you say though. Anna and Lara seem WAY out of place. Lara much more than Anna. There is nothing American Vogue about Lara at all. She is not Anna's type of girl. I couldn't imagine that Anna would put her on the cover.

At least we know that Raquel will for sure be on the cover . But why wouldn't she be? Her career is more astounding than any of the other girls. She is the Queen of Longevity.

In my opinion, this is more about the models who have made their careers in American Vogue (minus Natasha) than about the top models out there. That is why I think Lara has no chance. Anna is not the type of woman to cave in and put a girl on a cover or in her magazine just because she is everywhere else, even if the editorials of late have seemed like Vogue is trying to be hipper. This issue is much more about the models Anna likes and the ones she has backed.

Last edited by vavavinny; 25-03-2009 at 11:51 AM.

25-03-2009
V.I.P.

I got it. You're saying Liya combines status and the diversity factor but I think Jourdan is a very nice addition because she is the youngest and a very fresh new face. She's the kind of model people want to see in US Vogue.

25-03-2009
fashion icon

I don't like that Anna J is on the cover but she's featured consistantly in the Mag since September 2008, plus she's SO in with Meisel right now she's practically his daughter.

Also with this cover Jourdan is really coming full circle, Vogue Italia, Vogue U.K., I.D. and now the holy grail U.S. Vogue, what a dream career! Aside from being tragically over looked in the campaign department.

The only explanation I can offer with Lara is that like with Natasha Anna Wintour is apprieciating hard work and Lara has been modelling for like over 8 years and she's been a supermodel in Europe for years now, plus her ads are all over US Vogue, Anna had to notice her some time.

Last edited by carmen_kass; 25-03-2009 at 11:51 AM.

25-03-2009
V.I.P.

yes indeed i think she is a choice made for marketing (jourdann).. i have nothing against her being there thought. i was still at the line up with her. then i arrive in this thread and i read about anna and lara and: shock.

that's why i was here to ask. damn why i didn't ask raquel or isabeli when i met them, i am so stupid

25-03-2009
fashion icon

^Lol Francy I was just going to ask if Raquel or Isabeli had mentioned anything to you.

Personally I think Coco and Agyness deserve Lara and Anna's place, their impact on modelling has already made them Icons, more so than Stam and Lily D in my opinion.

Last edited by carmen_kass; 25-03-2009 at 11:57 AM.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, cover, rumor, thread