How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

25-03-2009
V.I.P.

raquel: yes she did.
isabeli: i forgot to ask because i was shocked by her beauty.
jourdann: i didn't know she was supposed to be there, or surely i'd have ask, same for natasha

25-03-2009
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmen_kass View Post
I don't like that Anna J is on the cover but she's featured consistantly in the Mag since September 2008, plus she's SO in with Meisel right now she's practically his daughter.

Also with this cover Jourdan is really coming full circle, Vogue Italia, Vogue U.K., I.D. and now the holy grail U.S. Vogue, what a dream career! Aside from being tragically over looked in the campaign department.

The only explanation I can offer with Lara is that like with Natasha Anna Wintour is apprieciating hard work and Lara has been modelling for like over 8 years and she's been a supermodel in Europe for years now, plus her ads are all over US Vogue, Anna had to notice her some time.
You offer a very good point. Lara is very hard-working. And I'm sure Anna has noticed her. But Lara is directly correlated with being an edgy, hip provocative European model who is the signature of VP. She fits the VP aesthetic to a tee. I don't think Anna would make such an obvious move of putting her on the cover.

Natasha's case is different, in my opinion. She is such a blank canvas and such a huge model that I am surprised that Vogue hadn't used her much earlier. She has the ethereal beauty that the Vogue editors seem to like.

I really don't know who will be on the cover though. I just don't think it is fair to confirm Lara and Anna when really, no one knows.

25-03-2009
fashion icon

Has the ship sailed with McNeil? Is there no chance with her?

25-03-2009
trendsetter

Quote:
^Lol Francy I was just going to ask if Raquel or Isabeli had mentioned anything to you.

Personally I think Coco and Agyness deserve Lara and Anna's place, their impact on modelling has already made them Icons, more so than Stam and Lily D in my opinion.
I completely agree.

If anyone deserves-and I know that is a word of disdain around here lol- a spot on the cover, it should be Coco. She has been working with Vogue ever since she began modeling. In fact, she is so important to the magazine that they even specifically wrote an article about her new hair color. Same with Agyness, though I don't like her, there is no denying she is a Vogue favorite. Many editorials have been dedicated to her. The thing about Agyness, though, is that her career is almost over. She is the type of model that was only able to thrive under a certain trend, a trend that is now dying out.

I still think it is a little odd that Coco is not on the cover. Maybe she will be there and we don't know? The cover would be so perfect with her striking red hair illuminating the page and bringing variation.

Last edited by vavavinny; 25-03-2009 at 12:06 PM.

25-03-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vavavinny View Post
^Jourdan is a little out of place. But she is arguably the top African American model out there
Jourdan is not African American, she's British, from London

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRANCY ITALY View Post
i read 10 pages and i didn't find the comments that show Lara Stone and Anna J as confirmed part of the cover cast.

can anyone be so kind to tell me how we get the rumor/confirmation they boh will be there?
It was confirmed by Pandinha, who works in the fashion industry in Brazil and got the information from Caroline Trentini

25-03-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Has the ship sailed with McNeil? Is there no chance with her?
She's not a Meisel girl like the others are so...

25-03-2009
trendsetter

^Oops!!! I meant of African descent !

25-03-2009
V.I.P.

really? oh weird because caroline didn't mentioned it in that interview

so i think caroline is our main source for everything

25-03-2009
fashion icon

The only way this cast may be discredited/misunderstood is if Anna J is actually a different Anna or maybe if Testino is shooting the cover and not Meisel, unlikely, but Miesel hasn't been working with US Vogue recently, plus Testino has shot with most of those girls and even if he hasn't I don't think he plays favourites.

25-03-2009
V.I.P.

Isabeli isn't such a favorite of Meisel for example. They didn't talk each other for years

25-03-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vavavinny View Post
Yes, Liya is already there, but I don't think Anna wants to ignite a forest worth of angry reader mail by putting a sole black woman on the cover lol.

I agree though that Jourdan is definitely not as established as any of the other girls and seems a little out of place. I really didn't think her career would be as big as it has become. But she is very successful. She has taken Liya's reins as being the top model of African descent.

I agree with everything you say though. Anna and Lara seem WAY out of place. Lara much more than Anna. There is nothing American Vogue about Lara at all. She is not Anna's type of girl. I couldn't imagine that Anna would put her on the cover.

At least we know that Raquel will for sure be on the cover . But why wouldn't she be? Her career is more astounding than any of the other girls. She is the Queen of Longevity.

In my opinion, this is more about the models who have made their careers in American Vogue (minus Natasha) than about the top models out there. That is why I think Lara has no chance. Anna is not the type of woman to cave in and put a girl on a cover or in her magazine just because she is everywhere else, even if the editorials of late have seemed like Vogue is trying to be hipper. This issue is much more about the models Anna likes and the ones she has backed
Jourdan might have a chance at that if Liya retires completely

25-03-2009
trendsetter

^ I think Anna Selezneva would even make more sense than Anna J. But Anna Selezenva, like Lara, is so obviously a VP girl.

25-03-2009
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by J'ador-DioR View Post
Jourdan might have a chance at that if Liya retires completely
Who am I kidding? Liya will be around forever. As she should be! Her beauty is timeless.

25-03-2009
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRANCY ITALY View Post
Isabeli isn't such a favorite of Meisel for example. They didn't talk each other for years
Really?? Did Isabeli say something? Or did someone else tell you? All I remember is suddenly one season Isabeli came back and she was shooting Belstaff with him almost immediately... and most recently Missoni.

Last edited by carmen_kass; 25-03-2009 at 12:23 PM.

25-03-2009
V.I.P.

ok this is funny, darling

we read it and a friend of mine close to isabeli said me it was true. totally.

so they story is: once meisel was shooting gemma ward, and isabeli was the next girl to shot.

the shooting was very lazy and very late and isabeli was waiting, so at a moment she asked him: how long more to wait? .. something similar.. not in a mean way..

and he said her to go home because he got mad

Miuccia Prada, that loves Isabeli and is friends of both, made them make peace 2 season ago in Milano. and few times after, she got many stuff by Meisel.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, cover, rumor, thread