How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

01-06-2009
fashion elite

I don't know if I am looking to far into it, but surely to "return to grace`" you must have fell out of grace in the first place. Neither Anna J, Viktoriya or any of their look alikes who have graced the cover over these past months seem to have fell out of favour. As others have said, it could be someone like Meghan or maybe even Iris, it could even one of his much older favourites like Coco or Jessica.

01-06-2009
fashion elite

^^Well he is shooting Kasia for something like 3 campaigns this season so.... but isn't Dorothea doing Prada, that may have been what she was talking about.

Last edited by Thanatos; 01-06-2009 at 09:26 AM.

01-06-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanatos View Post
I don't know if I am looking to far into it, but surely to "return to grace`" you must have fell out of grace in the first place. Neither Anna J, Viktoriya or any of their look alikes who have graced the cover over these past months seem to have fell out of favour. As others have said, it could be someone like Meghan or maybe even Iris, it could even one of his much older favourites like Coco or Jessica.
Yes but read again neither Coco nor Jessica is his fave of recent times.

01-06-2009
fashion elite

^How recent is recent, 3 months, 6 months, a year?

01-06-2009
trendsetter

oh i want anna j. or kasia struss on VI

bUT LOVE TO SEE gEMMA

01-06-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanatos View Post
^How recent is recent, 3 months, 6 months, a year?
Anna J and Viktoriya is definitely more recent than Coco and Jessica as far as I'm concerned.

01-06-2009
Mr. Zhivago

I swear I just saw a thread that said Cameron Diaz was on Elle's July issue, but it's been deleted

01-06-2009
The future is stupid

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rex View Post
I swear I just saw a thread that said Cameron Diaz was on Elle's July issue, but it's been deleted
No... they posted her July Marie Claire cover & titled it as US Elle.

01-06-2009
trendsetter

Ooh! Such good news to hear that a "rising Asian star" and a "recent cover girl" were at the photoshoot with Iris and Sessilee. I sincerely hope the Asian model is Liu Wen. I think she has such elegant, dainty features. I wouldn't also mind if it was Tao- she nabbed a Ralph Lauren campaign, so her chances of being in VP are high. As for the recent cover girl, my bets are on Lara. A blonde bombshell, a stunning Asian, an edgy, strong it girl, and a fierce Dominican-sounds like editorial gold to me! I wonder if the cover will be a multiple girl cover (a la September 2006) or a single girl cover. Or maybe just two girls. I would love to see another Asian model on the cover, so I'm crossing my fingers that whoever that model is snags prominent heading (maybe accompanied by Lara for an additional teaspoon of brilliance ! ).

If that rumor is true, I'm SOOO glad Rihanna will not be on the cover of Vogue. When it was first hinted that she would be, I was mortified. She is the antithesis of Vogue for me. Her style and image is definitely more W or V, as someone has previously mentioned. She is much too hip and edgy and TRENDY for Vogue. Then again, Blake Lively made the cover.... But I think her public image was so blank that Vogue just transformed her into what they wanted her to be. Rihanna is not the same way. She has a very, VERY distinct look, one that is definitely NOT Vogue!

Love the shots of Freja and Sasha working for the camera. Such fabulous modeling geniuses. Looks like a W shoot to me.

Last edited by vavavinny; 01-06-2009 at 01:15 PM.

01-06-2009
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMagAddict View Post
No... they posted her July Marie Claire cover & titled it as US Elle.
Was it me that posted it as Elle in the Glamour thread? If so, I'm really sorry...my only excuse is allergy medication!

01-06-2009
trendsetter

I really hope it is Meghan Collison for VI. She fits what the rumour describes and I just love her. She's a dark, brooding, sexy femme fatale.

01-06-2009
fashion insider

Anna J has not been in VI for a while. I'm hoping it's her.

01-06-2009
fashion insider

i'm not. she is beyond boring and un-special.
Meisel kind of annoys me with his favortie BS. there are so many talented models that have yet to have a VI, oh well.

01-06-2009
trendsetter

I wouldn't mind seeing Coco on the VI cover. I have really been waiting to see her striking, luminescent red hair on a magazine cover. She really pulls it off and I don't think magazines have been giving her much attention as of late (besides Vogue). And she hasn't been in VI in quite some time.

01-06-2009
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by retailqueen View Post
i'm not. she is beyond boring and un-special.
Meisel kind of annoys me with his favortie BS. there are so many talented models that have yet to have a VI, oh well.
I think most of the best magazines would disagree, evidently (her Vogue US & Vogue IT cover)

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, cover, rumor, thread