How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

04-06-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Dalloway View Post
Entire issue shot by I&V, oh my NOTHING about that excites me, but at least the diversity in models is good news.

And i'm pretty sure Kirsten will get the cover of Allure, it only makes sense since it will probably sell well.
LOL I understand why, but hopefully the lack of eds for the June/July got them enough time
to recuperate for new good stuff lol. They are great photographers, but just that their
recent work have been greatly disappointing and lackluster

04-06-2009
V.I.P.

^^Yes i certainly hope they step up and get their groove back.I used to love their work.

04-06-2009
trendsetter

Because I&V usually have at least one editorial in each issue of VP, a whole issue shot by them is far from groundbreaking. But I usually love what they produce, and the rumored models sound amazing (Shalom!!!!!!). From the sounds of it, I think we should be expecting a TRUCK LOAD of models for this issue, which I am guessing is for the September issue. I wonder if it will be something like September 2006 where each edit had a different model on every page? Sounds like a September Spectacular to me!!! I can't wait until it hits newsstands!

04-06-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
SCOOP DU JOUR:SEPTEMBER'S PAGAN POETRY

Submitted by Wayne on Thu, 2009-06-04 20:46.

Which September issue of that very directional fashion magazine is going to hit the stands with a 96 page insert guaranteed to make punters upchuck their lunch at the sheer beyondness? Let's just say it will be very raw, very real, and totally "Alexander McQueen-wet dream ". Here's hoping the kids can take it.

Very interesting.

I'd say: VI; W; V or i-D.

Last edited by mikel; 04-06-2009 at 05:10 PM.

04-06-2009
V.I.P.

Now that sounds promising, damn!

04-06-2009
fashion insider

why are you guys excited? i don't get it?
i still can't get over that terrible VP July cover and am not looking forward to an entire issue of that crap.

04-06-2009
V.I.P.

96 pages is indeed very promising. That is a very long editorial. But I'm a little bit confused by the term 'insert'. That makes it sound like some kind of booklet or something...

04-06-2009
trendsetter

I wouldn't call W very directional, and I wouldn't see it doing this
96 pages :O Wow

04-06-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by retailqueen View Post
why are you guys excited? i don't get it?
i still can't get over that terrible VP July cover and am not looking forward to an entire issue of that crap.
Are you talking about the 'all I&V' issue of VP? The current june/july cover is no indication of how that future issue will be. So to expect it to be crap is a bit premature in my opnion.

04-06-2009
trendsetter

And saying something seems amazing isn't? lol this whole thread is full of "premature judging"

04-06-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
I wouldn't call W very directional, and I wouldn't see it doing this
96 pages :O Wow
In terms of Amercian publications W is quite directional with their use of photographers and editorial themes and they had issues in the past devoted to one big editorial by one photographer.

04-06-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
And saying something seems amazing isn't? lol this whole thread is full of "premature judging"
Ha that's why we have this thread. But i know what Mikel means, having an entire issue to yourself as opposed to just shooting the cover (no matter how dreadful June/July was) is not the same thing.I would hope that they would work harder and bring up the goods, since its an honor for any photographer to get an assignment like that.But just call me hopeful.

04-06-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
you're absolutely right, but when it comes to my precious Inez & Vinoodh I'm the epitome of biased.

04-06-2009
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikel View Post
Are you talking about the 'all I&V' issue of VP? The current june/july cover is no indication of how that future issue will be. So to expect it to be crap is a bit premature in my opnion.

the current issue includes JULY as well so mentioning the extra month is pointless.

And good for you if you have an opinion. I have one too; which I stated: it might suck cause there recent work has sucked.simple.

04-06-2009
fashion insider

Quote:
but amazingly mine just rubs people the wrong way

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, cover, rumor, thread