How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

04-06-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by retailqueen View Post
the current issue includes JULY as well so mentioning the extra month is pointless.

And good for you if you have an opinion. I have one too; which I stated: it might suck cause there recent work has sucked.simple.
When you said july cover it implied that there is another different june cover for VP, since that is obviously not the case I added june in my own post to avoid confusion.

I'm over the moon that you have an opinion too, but don't be offended that I don't agree with you.

I don't think your opinion sucks it's just that I see it differently, that's all!

In my opinion I&V's work didn't suck the last couple of months. They occasionally produced a good ed and I hope they will do something wonderful for their VP issue.

Last edited by mikel; 04-06-2009 at 05:56 PM.

04-06-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
SCOOP DU JOUR:SEPTEMBER'S PAGAN POETRY

Submitted by Wayne on Thu, 2009-06-04 20:46.

Which September issue of that very directional fashion magazine is going to hit the stands with a 96 page insert guaranteed to make punters upchuck their lunch at the sheer beyondness? Let's just say it will be very raw, very real, and totally "Alexander McQueen-wet dream ". Here's hoping the kids can take it.
god, who cares? i m so hating all that: you`re even didnt tell about names, models, photographers, everything looks like "i`ve heared from one source- i cant tell you because its a secret, i don`t know anything about that, but just need to be renamed in my blog/site" just stop doing whoop-de-doodle without any newsbreak.

04-06-2009
V.I.P.

well, when i read that i was actually wondering what it was actually getting at? the only think you could wonder is which magazine they are hinting about, but yeah it doesn't really suggest anything confidential..at least, confidential and interesting...unless you really like McQueen. :p

04-06-2009
front row

Well is an insert the same thing as an editorial? Or is an insert like a supplement?

04-06-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mchunu<3 View Post

well, when i read that i was actually wondering what it was actually getting at? the only think you could wonder is which magazine they are hinting about, but yeah it doesn't really suggest anything confidential..at least, confidential and interesting...unless you really like McQueen. :p
^ uhuh. all that just looks like "someone, somewhere, somehow, sometime, but it tuns out to be 96 pages of racy pics -*here everyone must say "WOW..."- i don`t care, really...

Last edited by Alien Sex Friend; 04-06-2009 at 07:57 PM.

04-06-2009
trendsetter

Does anyone know where those dates the Vogues get released are? I am very curious about the next VI.

04-06-2009
trendsetter

Racy or not, I think 96 pages is a pretty notable editorial/insert. Details or not.

04-06-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alien Sex Friend View Post
^ uhuh. all that just looks like "someone, somewhere, somehow, sometime, but it tuns out to be 96 pages of racy pics -*here everyone must say "WOW..."- i don`t care, really...
Of course it doesn't say much but even if someone told us about all the details, magazine, photographer, models and so on you can't tell if that's great either. Maybe a good achievement for the model but you have to wait for the result until you can say wow.

But is it that wrong to look forward to something?

I agree I'm annoyed by Sessilee and Mme Iman having those "amaaaazing shootings you will die when you see it" posts but I think it's better than nothing.

05-06-2009
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikel View Post
When you said july cover it implied that there is another different june cover for VP, since that is obviously not the case I added june in my own post to avoid confusion.

I'm over the moon that you have an opinion too, but don't be offended that I don't agree with you.

I don't think your opinion sucks it's just that I see it differently, that's all!

In my opinion I&V's work didn't suck the last couple of months. They occasionally produced a good ed and I hope they will do something wonderful for their VP issue.
well congrats to you, you really told me huh?

sigh

anyway yeah VP will suck cause the photogs suck; but the casting seems exciting. It's a shame that Sessilee has her VP phtographed by that incopmpetent pair (in my opinion ) but maybe they pull this one out of the bag, but I doubt it.

05-06-2009
The future is stupid

Hello everyone...

Please be respectful. It’s perfectly fine to disagree with others as long as it is done respectfully and maturely, but do not attack other members in your posts or comments. Name calling or harassment of other members is absolutely not tolerated here and may result in suspension.

Thank you!

05-06-2009
scenester

Wow, just got into tfs but it seems I'm making one of my first replies amongst a heated debate. While I'm not always a fan of Inez and Vinoodh's campaign work (like Gap a couple years ago), I generally like their work for VP and am quite looking forward to seeing how they develop over a whole issue. Hopefully there'll be some range and not just one type set up with different girls.

05-06-2009
V.I.P.

^^Welcome to TFS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simera View Post
Does anyone know where those dates the Vogues get released are? I am very curious about the next VI.
MMA graciously put it all in the pinned thread, so its easier to find. :p

According to the list it should be out today, but i guess we wont get it until Monday, unless BLACKLAB makes an appearance with a scan of the cover.

05-06-2009
V.I.P.

^I really hope to, I can't wait any longer

05-06-2009
V.I.P.

Maybe Olga Sherer will be next VI cover girl. She did dye her hair for a Meisel shoot...

05-06-2009
trendsetter

I'm guessing the Scoop du Jour about a "very directional fashion magazine" is the new and revised Pop. September is when the magazine will be relaunched and one would think that the editors would want to start things off with a bang. Also, VP came to mind. From the sounds of it, it will be a supplement, and VP is known for their fun and exclusive supplements. If it is VP, I certainly hope I can get it with the supplement in the U.S.!! But I'm leaning towards Pop.

The future sounds REALLY exciting for VP (not that the magazine is not excellent at the moment). I am ECSTATIC about the I&V issue. I hope it's September and HUGE!

Last edited by vavavinny; 05-06-2009 at 11:35 AM.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, cover, rumor, thread