How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

03-12-2013
don't look down

Indeed, of all the fashion monthlies, I can't see what angle UK Bazaar could take on Kim that would be in keeping with its current identity.

03-12-2013
fashion icon

Ah, all those magazines and their view on Kim. Like Miley, Katy Perry, Britney and others are any better than her (and they had their Vogue, Elle, Bazaar covers)...At least Kim is prettier and more pleasant to see on a glossy cover.

I wish none of them actually graced covers. But they do sell, so if you are using them (the trashy celebs) to sell your magazine, why are looking down on certain ones? Quite hypocritical.

03-12-2013
V.I.P.

Looks like Joan Smalls is going to be on the cover of US Elle January 2014 (based off of a pic posted in her thread), shot by Michael Thompson. Great for her but unfortunately as I feared this probably means Thompson's out of Conde Nast for good now (although Elgort also recently shot for the magazine so IDK...) Someone enlighten me/make me feel better !

*forget what I said, apparently he has an ed in W this month with Enninful!

Last edited by Fiercification; 03-12-2013 at 06:16 PM.

03-12-2013
don't look down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srdjan View Post
I wish none of them actually graced covers. But they do sell, so if you are using them (the trashy celebs) to sell your magazine, why are looking down on certain ones? Quite hypocritical.
Wondering whether a certain celebrity might appeal to a particular readership doesn't mean you're looking down on them as a cover choice, it's more about the practical aspect of whether someone like Kim would appeal to older women and motivate them to buy the issue.

Most magazines are aimed at a younger readership, but UK Bazaar isn't, and it's no insult to Kim and her physical assets to imagine that a wealthy fortysomething woman might not go nuts for a cover feature with her.

03-12-2013
Mr. Zhivago

Does anyone know the relationship between Julia Roberts and US Vogue? Her only cover was in 1994! "August: Osage County" is out on Christmas, and JR will definitely receive another Oscar nomination for it, so I wonder if she would land the January 2014 cover. I'm shocked she was only on once two decades ago and it makes me wonder if there are rumors about Anna Wintour not liking her or something

04-12-2013
V.I.P.

I certainly would not class Katy Perry as 'trash' either.

04-12-2013
V.I.P.

Christy Turlington is on the cover of UK Bazaar's January issue, photographed by Alexi Lubomirski. My subscription just arrived and I'll be scanning the cover soon as.

04-12-2013
V.I.P.

^ What great news, thank you.

And Julia is in no bad way with Wintour, she even hosted the Met few years ago, its just she doesn't do that many, but now you mention it, she might turn up on January.

Also the KK HB cover news i heard from someone who is just an assistant and works on shoots, no major player from UK HB so it might not be true,at all.

Also surprised about Thompson for US Elle, will miss him at Conde Nast!

04-12-2013
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamVal View Post
Britney Spears will be on the cover of InStyle maybe January or February issue
It's January.

04-12-2013
front row

Emma Watson and Douglas Booth for Wonderland.

Quote:
@wonderlandmag : ) #guestediting #February14covergirl #Noah #itbegins
Emma Watson WhoSay

04-12-2013
front row

preview of Britney's Instyle cover

source: breatheheavy.com

04-12-2013
V.I.P.

^

OHH MYYYY GODDD!

04-12-2013
trendsetter

I think the only Britney cover I've ever liked has been her W cover all those years ago. Oh and maybe her Her first Elle cover.

04-12-2013
backstage pass

She looks bad. Poor woman, her face looks extremely fake

06-12-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Can Gwyneth Paltrow claim victory over Vanity Fair?
RadarOnline.com has learned that the famed magazine, which had planned a scathing take-down piece on the actress, is making it much softer.
And that has opened the door for A-list actors, like George Clooney, to play ball with Vanity Fair after Radar revealed that Paltrow had begged her famous friends to avoid the magazine and boycott its Oscar party.

Whatever they wind up publishing, it’s going to be soft,” the source said. “Gwyneth’s campaign against the Vanity Fair article has apparently worked and she’s not as worried as she was three weeks ago.

“But the article is still coming out and she still refuses to participate in it.”
It was rumored that the VF article might include Paltrow’s possible infidelity with billionaire Miami hotelier Jeff Sofer — something she has called a “big lie” — as well as other salacious details about the star’s life.

As Radar has reported, Paltrow sent a mass email to her pals begging them not to participate in the magazine’s expose, stating: “If you are asked for quotes or comments, please decline. Also, I recommend you all never do this magazine again.”
Radaronline.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#10, cover, rumor, thread