How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

05-02-2014
backstage pass

The cover of PORTER is Giselle

05-02-2014
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creative View Post
I'm curius to know who'll grace Vogue Paris next month. Natasha? Edie? Amanda? Anja?
could be Lara Stone

05-02-2014
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikifoz View Post
[...] Kim has put some sort of cultural imprint on our society and there's nothing more modern than being a self indulgent, social media whore. Lucky has even revamped their whole magazine based on that notion. [...]
OMG I can't believe you guys would ever think this is a good element for our society. She represents the worst US media culture has to offer and the worst is that people might think it's like a healthy way of living and of progressing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL92 View Post
[...] In all honesty, if Anna does put Kim on the cover then it is what it is. Hell, even Paris Hilton has gotten a Vogue cover x2 (Paris and Turkey) and Nicole Richie has landed Vogue Italia.
looool and do you find this great when legendary supermodels or A-list worthy actresses could be gracing those covers with grace, charm, brains and beauty??

Last edited by Bertrando3; 05-02-2014 at 02:55 AM.

05-02-2014
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertrando3 View Post
looool and do you find this great when legendary supermodels or A-list worthy actresses could be gracing those covers with grace, charm, brains and beauty??
No, I do not and don't insinuate that I do beacause it's patronising especially with the use of that emoticon.

If you could not comprehend what I was meaning, please let me explain. What I meant was that Kim Kardashian, regardless whether you like her or not, has considerable notoriety in pop culture/society. She isn't the first and she won't be the last.

This kind of personality isn't a new phenomenon and the fascination with these type of individuals will continue. HENCE why I used Paris and Nicole (though I have found she has changed for the better) as examples...its an ongoing cycle. This furore over Kim I find surprising because we've had moments like this before.

Magazines tapping into these stars, whether we agree with it or not, I find often do this to make headlines and make a quick buck by tapping into Kim et al.'s core fan base. Hell, I suppose it can be argued they are trying to capture the current zeitgeist of our society given the way pop culture has sadly developed/way audiences now respond to.

Last edited by AL92; 05-02-2014 at 03:25 AM.

05-02-2014
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL92 View Post
No I do not and don't insinuate that I do, it's patronising especially with the use of that emoticon.

If you could not comprehend what I was meaning, please let me explain. What I meant was that Kim Kardashian, regardless whether you like her or not, has considerable notoriety in pop culture/society. She isn't the first and she won't be the last.

This kind of personality isn't a new phenomenon and the fascination with these type of individuals will continue. HENCE why I used Paris and Nicole (though I have found she has changed for the better) as examples...its an ongoing cycle. This furore over Kim I find surprising because we've had moments like this before.

Magazines tapping into these stars, wether we agree with it or not, often do this to make headlines and make a quick buck by tapping into Kim et al.'s core fan base. Hell, I suppose it can be argued they are trying to capture the current zeitgeist of our society given the way pop culture has sadly developed/way audiences now respond to.
Ok now I get your point thanks for explaining it.

05-02-2014
V.I.P.

Garage S/S 2014 is Karlie Kloss (tied in rope) by Nick Knight. The cover is a lot more beautiful than it sounds...unfortunately the rest of the issue is as pretentious as you'd imagine.

Cara, GMJ, Marina Nery, Liya and others are in Nick Knight's ed. Phil Poynter has an ed with Katie Grand featuring Julias Nobis and Bergshoeff with some others. Tyrone Lebon shoots Ashleigh and Adwoa for something that looks like it could have been published in Tar.

05-02-2014
V.I.P.

According to Mario Testino's Instagram, he's edited an upcoming issue of Vogue, which will be released in several days. Any clues as to which edition?

05-02-2014
V.I.P.

^ Vogue China, Paris, Germany and Russia are coming out in the next few days. Since he's just done China I bet it'll be one of the others.

05-02-2014
V.I.P.

But he has also already done Germany, so i bet its March issue of Spanish edition. Or could be Russia.

05-02-2014
V.I.P.

He's done Spain as well actually...

05-02-2014
V.I.P.

Vogue Spain sounds like the best possible choice. They're into guest edited issues at the moment. They're also into posting hints about upcoming issues and we've had nothing which suggests another Testino issue.

Anja Rubik has an editorial by Patrick Demarchelier in the March issue of Vogue Russia, so I doubt Testino's edited Russian Vogue. I also assume the cover of Vogue Paris has went to Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott.

I wouldn't mind seeing the cover of Vogue Germany going to Claudia Schiffer by Testino.. !

Last edited by vogue28; 05-02-2014 at 03:01 PM.

05-02-2014
███████████████

i think is Vogue Germany or Vogue Paris

05-02-2014
V.I.P.

^I agree. Those two are the most plausible options.

I don't think it's Vogue Espana because its too soon after Testino's December 2012 issue.

I would be over the moon if it was actually for a dark horse like Dutch Vogue. They could use something big like that and Testino has expressed a fondness for Holland in the past. He shot all the editorials for quite a stellar issue of Dutch in the early 2000s, so who knows... Stranger things have happened.

05-02-2014
backstage pass

I think US Vogue is Rihanna.

There's a blurry preview floating around on twitter. Can't post it because I'm on my phone.

05-02-2014
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by vogue28 View Post
Whilst I've throughly enjoyed reading each and every comment regarding Kim Kardashian's appearance on Vogue, I cannot help but to think most comments are more embarrassing than Kim actually fronting Vogue. It's not like she murdered someone or has done anything to us personally. It's simple: just don't buy the issue if she's on the cover. They'll be another Cate Blanchett or Jennifer Aniston cover coming shortly after.

Team Kim !
No, she hasn't "done anything to us personally," but that isn't quite the point. What Kimberly Kardashian calls fashion is incredibly lackluster and at this point, banal. From her bandage dress uniforms to her adoption of the crop top x pencil midi skirt, what exactly is fashionable about her such that she belongs on the cover of the esteemed Vogue magazine? It is already disappointing that wonderful models have been passed over for the cover in favor of celebrities, but that is because celebrities sell magazines to the general public. Even if it is about the pop culture influence she has (that another poster has mentioned), people don't seem to think well of her enough to purchase magazines with her face on it. You said "don't buy the issue if she's on the cover." Kim Kardashian's covers do not sell well for other magazines (as another member has also mentioned), so Vogue would likely not make much money from her magazine spotlight. We simply cannot figure out why she would be on the cover, hence our confusion and why the comments are so inflamed (besides, of course, the fact that others may have a strong disdain for her besides reasons that I've listed here).

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#10, #11, cover, rumor, thread