Cover Rumor Thread #16
This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

15-05-2016
Automated Thread Manager

Cover Rumor Thread #15
This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

15-05-2016
fashion insider

As I remember last year it was Daria Werbowy dy David Sims and it wasn't "a Summer outdoor beach" issue.

15-05-2016
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemovartem View Post
As I remember last year it was Daria Werbowy dy David Sims and it wasn't "a Summer outdoor beach" issue.
the editorial was shot outdoor on a rocky beach...but wasn't summery.

15-05-2016
V.I.P.

I always thought Doutzen's summer shoot with Bensimon would end up for the cover. It had all the elements, and probably would've outperformed Daria's cover on newsstands and social media. I wonder why Alt won't give Bensimon more covers, but see no problem to send him off to the great beyond.

Last edited by Benn98; 15-05-2016 at 11:49 AM.

15-05-2016
MON
V.I.P.

M&M got 3 consecutive US Vogue covers. When will I&V's turn come about? I hope the next model cover will be photographed by them. Their stunning portraits is what US Vogue needs atm.

17-05-2016
backstage pass

I think it's time for Laverne Cox to cover Vogue. She's fashionable, on a hit show and has two new shows coming on this fall. Plus she's just freaking awesome and etc.

17-05-2016
trendsetter

I guess W will be out later this month since it's for June/July?

17-05-2016
you soft and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by RanThe View Post
I think it's time for Laverne Cox to cover Vogue. She's fashionable, on a hit show and has two new shows coming on this fall. Plus she's just freaking awesome and etc.
You know, I'm actually sort of surprised that Vanity Fair (maybe this isn't Vogue territory) hasn't done a cover with the more well known trans personalities that are in the media (not counting the Caitlyn cover, because that's another story). Like, remember the cover they had about ~gays on tv~ with the stars of Will & Grace, Queer Eye, Queer as Folk?

18-05-2016
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueorchid View Post
You know, I'm actually sort of surprised that Vanity Fair (maybe this isn't Vogue territory) hasn't done a cover with the more well known trans personalities that are in the media (not counting the Caitlyn cover, because that's another story). Like, remember the cover they had about ~gays on tv~ with the stars of Will & Grace, Queer Eye, Queer as Folk?
I hope that never happens. I'd be much happier to see Laverne or any other transgender person alone on the cover where the main subject is their personal story, their life and their success.

I think grouping people by sexual orientation, skin color, gender or anything really is one of the worst things that happens in today's culture. It deprives people of their identities and focuses solely on the common thread just because it's easier for magazines to justify their choices or sell more copies.

18-05-2016
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodencebt View Post
I hope that never happens. I'd be much happier to see Laverne or any other transgender person alone on the cover where the main subject is their personal story, their life and their success.

I think grouping people by sexual orientation, skin color, gender or anything really is one of the worst things that happens in today's culture. It deprives people of their identities and focuses solely on the common thread just because it's easier for magazines to justify their choices or sell more copies.
I agree. It does nothing for equality in long term. I'd rather they just started featuring people of all races, sexual orientations, etc. on a relatively balanced basis.

18-05-2016
scenester

Kendall is shooting with Anna Dello Russo and Luigi & Iango in Milan today

18-05-2016
V.I.P.

^Vogue Japan most likely.

18-05-2016
MON
V.I.P.

I was slowly losing hope for a Raquel Vogue Paris cover, but when Iselin got the cover, it could happen! Please make it happen this 2016. Please.

To be honest, I'd love to see Zendaya get a US Vogue cover. What a gorgeous gorgeous woman!

Last edited by MON; 18-05-2016 at 04:27 PM.

18-05-2016
you soft and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodencebt View Post

Oh no, I'm not saying it's something that I want to happen, but I'm just surprised that Vanity Fair hasn't tried to make it a bandwagon issue.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#15, #16, 11, cover, rumor, thread