Cover Rumor Thread #17 - Page 2 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
09-11-2016
backstage pass

I can only see Melania on the cover of VF rather than Vogue.

09-11-2016
V.I.P.

If memory serves, she's already used her 'positives' on the cover of British GQ.

09-11-2016
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerrouge View Post
I can see Vanity Fair running a Trump cover at the first sign of something to criticise about his Presidency. The cover shot will probably seem designed to appeal to the public, but the article inside won't pull any punches.

I remember the furore last time Melania appeared on the cover of US Vogue, and she had no associations back then, other than being a trophy wife. Now she represents a political statement, so I wonder how she's going to sell herself as First Lady. What 'positives' will she hype up as part of her package?
Supposedly she is going to focus on "cleaning up" social media... forget about women or children issues...

This life is a process of learning- Lauryn Hill
09-11-2016
rising star

I could see Glenda snapping Melania up in the next twelve months and styling her like a classic first lady a la Jackie O or Nancy Reagan. She's possibly the most photogenic first lady ever and she has nice hair, so they'll all swallow their pride and give her the cover eventually.

09-11-2016
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDNA View Post
I can only see Melania on the cover of VF rather than Vogue.
Donald can buy her a Vogue USA cover
He has done it before

09-11-2016
V.I.P.

I hope Trumps say no to a Vogue cover for Melania. Why help a publication that has publicly voiced its disdain for you? Go with a less politicized magazine (if there is one), or not do it at all. It's not like she needs a Vogue cover at this point.

V.I.P.

I think you'll find that she needs Vogue as much as Vogue needs her. No use banging on about online bullying from an ivory tower, she'll need the press to courier these causes to the public at large. And since the target audience are mostly women, getting a women's magazine cover would amplify her message. Michelle Obama really changed the way the FLOTUS addresses her public. It wasn't all high fashion and Vogue covers, her intellectual capacity and endeavours legitimised her 'aims'. I seriously doubt whether Melania would be able to equate it. If she's strategic enough she'd take a leaf out of Carla Bruni's book and embrace her seedy past instead of shunning it. Carla got a French Vogue and US VF cover as a result. Ultimately I'll expect loads of US HB, Redbook, Good Housekeeping, and People covers (which is where she belongs!). Hf will most likely ignore her.

I'm a really ardent VF collector, so trust me people, over Graydon Carter's dead body will that man get a cover. Literally every issue since campaigning featured some vitriolic anti-Trump brigade (normally starting with Carter's ed letter). If he does get it, it's most likely to be unauthorised and covered with sneering insults.

09-11-2016
V.I.P.

I disagree that she needs Vogue as much as they need her, but you do make a good point about her needing press for her cause. Still, Vogue is not the only fashion magazine. It's not the only women's magazine. Yes, it might be the most HF/prestigious one, but Trump tried to run away from the idea that he's part of the elite. It's also not the most widely circulated one (unless I'm mistaken here). Plus, again, Vogue played a partisan role in the election process. Exactly what does she have to gain by appearing on its cover? Its editors will never be won over. Most of its readers will never be won over. She might be better off trying to get her message (whatever it may be) out elsewhere.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIs View Post
I hope Trumps say no to a Vogue cover for Melania. Why help a publication that has publicly voiced its disdain for you? Go with a less politicized magazine (if there is one), or not do it at all. It's not like she needs a Vogue cover at this point.
You will not see Trumps keeping score, the tables have turned, he is the most powerful man in the world now. Look at his speech, and even what he said about HRC, i mean its laughable to even try and think these Political figures have any integrity! It's all business, and i think you will see Melania on a lot of covers, not just Vogue.

I do agree that as it stands now Vogue probably can't get her, and will have difficulty securing her in the first year, but it will happen eventually.

And it's the same for Carter, don't put your arm in the fire for him Ben! This is a man who has been feuding with Trump for years, yet loved the allure of him. He said how he went to his wedding to Melania because he couldnt miss the circus, despite of not being on talking terms at the time.

These are all opportunists who will use one another without a single thought of previous feuds!

09-11-2016
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchHomme View Post
Donald can buy her a Vogue USA cover
He has done it before
Yes, a decade ago, when they were just rich people hanging out with the fashion crowd.
They have been "banned" from everything related to Conde Nast for a longtime now.
Remember, Anna is not only Vogue EIC. She is also CN Artistic Director.

Don't expect to see Melania on Vogue anytime soon.

What will be interesting then will be the relationship with Melania and fashion designers.
It will be interesting to see which designers will play the games on dressing her...

09-11-2016
tfs star

No matter what your political beliefs are, I think most people can see that Melania is stunning. I think designers will want to dress her no matter what - she will make their designs look fantastic and get them amazing publicity. I think the same will go for Ivanka as well. There may be initial stands from a vocal few, but I anticipate most will just go on designing beautiful clothes and won't say much about who is wearing them.

As for covers, I'd actually be interested to see Melania on a major cover as I know very little about her and would be curious to read an interview. She's going to be the First Lady of the United States, and I'd like to know more about her. To me, she actually seems quite reserved and perhaps even reluctant to be in the spotlight so I'd be interested to hear what this has all been like for her. I won't expect to see her on Vogue, but I'm not sure that she should want her image to be used in order to sell such an obviously biased publication anyway. Don't get me wrong, Vogue and CN are more than entitled to endorse their candidate of choice, but then I would be surprised if the opposition decided to interact much with them.

Either way, it will be really interesting. I think the media in general received the shock of the century last night and still does not know how to react.

09-11-2016
fashion insider

"How we get the @felixfischerhair @sarahgorereeves"
I think is for Vogue Mexico Dec or Jan

Last edited by GlamVal; 09-11-2016 at 08:54 PM.
09-11-2016
backstage pass

putting Melania on the vogue cover in the next few months will make Anna and the magazine look idiot and sycophantic after the big endorsement and support for Hillary, so unless Melania make an outstanding performance on her new role for a certain time, i don't think she will be on the cover by just standing next to her husband, that decision will just hurt the magazine,

brand image goes before sales and profit at some point.

Last edited by chanelh; 09-11-2016 at 10:09 PM.
10-11-2016
tfs star

Donald Trump is the President Elect of the United States and the thing you guys are most worried about is that Melania might get a Vogue cover out of this?!?! THAT is what's foremost in your thoughts?!

10-11-2016
V.I.P.

It is a board for fashion related items. This is a thread for rumors for covers of fashion magazines.

It is by no means the only thing I, or anyone else in the thread I imagine, is thinking about it. It is however, the only thing relevant to the thread you've found yourself in.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#16, #17, 12, cover, rumor, thread