Cover Rumor Thread #17 - Page 4 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
11-11-2016
V.I.P.

^ Good points, also Ivanka is a longtime Vogue favorite, she has seriously been featured at least 10 times over the last 10 years (recently in last year's March issue)! But still i 100% expect to see Melania, as well. We will get both.

11-11-2016
V.I.P.

I can def see Ivanka getting an American vogue cover...and I would not mind a bit. In fact, I can see her taking on the role of first lady... she already has a platform that is more suited than whatever Melania is talking about..

This life is a process of learning- Lauryn Hill

12-11-2016
V.I.P.

Lady Gaga's on the cover of US Harper's Bazaar for December/January, and it's their 150th anniversary issue.

12-11-2016
fashion insider

I do not want to see any Trump on the cover of Vogue. No Melania and certainly no Ivanka, who I think is even worse. She has been such a big and active part of Donald's hateful campaign trail. A lot more than Melania.
I also doubt any big name designers would like to dress those two ladies who back a man who is so anti everyone who is not a white, straight male.

12-11-2016
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Piece Of Me] View Post
No Melania and certainly no Ivanka, who I think is even worse. She has been such a big and active part of Donald's hateful campaign trail.
Agreed! Most certainly don't want to see Ivanka on Vogue. I'd buy that issue purely to set it alight, like Francesca Eastwood did with that Birkin bag. Only, it won't be in the name of art at all!
Then again, they've had one reality star on the cover, so why not another.......

12-11-2016
V.I.P.

Just heard some rumors that US Vogue December issue was Hillary Clinton and January 2017 was going to be Michelle Obama, but for some apparent reasons Hillary was replaced, so I'm wondering could Hillary still get a cover or just a editoral?

12-11-2016
V.I.P.

They won't give HC a cover.. not after losing.

12-11-2016
everything sucks!

While we're talking about Melania I have to add this, because I know TFS users will just love this - but in the past year or two Donald several times has said Melania was "one of the most successful models ever" and a "top model"

12-11-2016
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzyao76 View Post
Just heard some rumors that US Vogue December issue was Hillary Clinton and January 2017 was going to be Michelle Obama, but for some apparent reasons Hillary was replaced, so I'm wondering could Hillary still get a cover or just a editoral?
I mean, I know everyone was expecting Hillary to win, but I doubt that she and Anna would be so presumptuous to already shoot a "victory" cover story for December, it wouldn't look good. If she had won, it would be for next year with pictures in the White House etc.

But I will say this, I could totally see them giving her a cover in the future. Now more than ever she's a massive icon for women, it depends of how low profile her life will be for now on. I for one hope it's higher on the list than Melania or Ivanka.

we are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams. wandering by lone sea breakers and sitting by desolate streams. world losers and world forsakers, on whom the pale moon gleams. yet we are the movers and shakers of the world for ever it seems

12-11-2016
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by '[Piece Of Me
I also doubt any big name designers would like to dress those two ladies who back a man who is so anti everyone who is not a white, straight male.
Very Ironic considering the fashion world's huuugeee diversity problem I can totally see Anna being extremely sanctimonious about having no trumps on the cover. I don't care ether way, but the fashion world's rage about Donald Trump is so eye roll worthy to me. This is after all the industry that decided numerous and substantial sexual assault claims against Terry Richardson were not enough to stop hiring him and who gives poc models major covers and editorials maybe 2 times a year. Not to mention the subject we can't talk about...so yeah in short not giving any of the Trump women a cover would be very hypocritical and silly imo. On more topic for this thread I'm expecting a deluge of Emma Stone/ Natalie Portman covers in the next few months. Both of them want that best actress statue HARD

12-11-2016
tfs star

^ You call it "silly" and "hypocritical" and I would call it a step in the right direction.

Last edited by VogueDisciple93; 12-11-2016 at 12:37 PM.

12-11-2016
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by VogueDisciple93 View Post
^ You call it "silly" and "hypocritical" and I would call it a step in the right direction.
I mean don't get me wrong I think Donald and the rest of the Trumps are very bad people. But the fashion industry(and most of hollywood) props up and glorifies very bad people all of the time. It seems the "line too far" is identifying as Republican. Perhaps if Donald were good at taking photos with a glaring white background Anna and the rest of the fashion world would be a bit more forgiving

12-11-2016
scenester

Kendall J is getting British Vogue for either Jan or Feb, unless it's a photoshoot

12-11-2016
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by harricks View Post
Kendall J is getting British Vogue for either Jan or Feb, unless it's a photoshoot
Really?
Birthday present from Kris?

12-11-2016
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fee de foret View Post
Very Ironic considering the fashion world's huuugeee diversity problem
True, size, race and age diversity is a massive problem in the fashion industry at large. Don't expect it to shift at large anytime soon, they've glorified one type for far too long. But one must give credit where it's due. This year Vogue had Adele and Amy, Michelle (age), and Lupita. InStyle just had a banner year with 7 out of their 12 cover subjects being poc (this never happened before in the magazine's 22year history), and Elle consistently supass their own diversity records. So for every Emmanuelle Alt for who the empowerment of women doesn't seem to be a priority, who insist on ignoring any form of diversity, and who blatantly continues to book Terry Richardson, there's an Anna Wintour or Robbie Myers, aiming for just about the opposite.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#16, #17, 12, cover, rumor, thread