Cover Rumor Thread #17 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
09-11-2016
Automated Thread Manager

Cover Rumor Thread #17
This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

09-11-2016
V.I.P.

^^I don't think it's really about what she wants. A Melania cover would sell with an exclusive interview inside her new life at the White House. I think it's either going to be Vogue or Vanity Fair.

09-11-2016
V.I.P.

It wouldn't surprise me if Anna put someone like Michelle back on the cover, in spite of it all. She's a business woman for sure but she's also a very firm believer in what she believes in.

After publicly supporting a candidate for the first time in their history, I can't see them making the move to put the opposition's wife on the cover anytime soon. I can't see Hilary landing a cover now, unless it's a sort of update piece and an exclusive interview on everything. Michelle on the other hand, I can see. Especially if she (hopefully) decides to run herself.

09-11-2016
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxymore View Post
^^I don't think it's really about what she wants. A Melania cover would sell with an exclusive interview inside her new life at the White House. I think it's either going to be Vogue or Vanity Fair.
I personally would be shocked to see her on VF. Graydon Carter cannot stand the Trumps, and it's something which has been brewing for well over a decade.
And I'd certainly lose respect for Anna to give Melania a cover when CN publicly endorsed the opposition (I don't even think Vogue publicly endorsed in the past)? Melania will certainly get covers from other titles though. Harper's Bazaar, perhaps? Glenda loves them.

09-11-2016
V.I.P.

Shocked that some of you find it hard to believe Wintour would use Melanie for the future cover! For crying out loud she gave us Kimye, AND Ivana Trump, even Melania far before she was on such a huge stage like the White House!

Wintour is first and foremost a businesswoman, and Political beliefs will have no role in the future when she puts her on the cover, several times!

09-11-2016
V.I.P.

But then her political beliefs have never been so strong as to use the magazine to back a candidate in such a vocal and public way. So for me, it would be a surprise if she didn't try to stick to her guns for it personally.

09-11-2016
V.I.P.

^ I don't believe that for one second! Also when it comes down to it, Vogue want's to be part of the "conversation", her own words! And if it means putting people she doesn't love on the cover, so be it. Anna Wintour is not, and has never been a beacon of integrity! But she is a savvy businesswoman.

It's like when she booked Jennifer Lopez for the cover of 1999 December issue. It was reported her arm had to be twisted to use Jennifer ( no idea why given how she uses far less prominent celebs these days, and back then La Lopez was at the height of her fame!), Mesiel shot her over THREE days. SO what happens? She hates all the cover options, and demands that Lopez does a re-shoot, to which Jennifer and her team, rightly, said NO WAY! Gisele ends up on the cover, and Wintour apparently said to never work with Lopez again. 7 years later, Harvey Weinstein, after much convincing gets Anna to give her the cover, twice!

And to be honest, when you are in her position, you can't hold grudges, i bet even Carter will use them on the cover, am certain of it! This is a cricus show now, and everyone is lined up!

09-11-2016
V.I.P.

I can scarcely believe it, but I doubt Anna would put Melania on the cover anytime soon. She'll have to proof herself as a first lady (if that's even going to be a full four years).

09-11-2016
V.I.P.

^I think she will be on the cover early 2018 or even late 2017.

09-11-2016
V.I.P.

It would also shock me to see Melania on the cover after the support Anna gave to Hillary. I'd say Ivanka is more likely to get a Vogue cover, and Melania to end up on Harper's Bazaar.

09-11-2016
backstage pass

I doubt Anna would give it to Melania. CN would look like idiots.

09-11-2016
V.I.P.

Really hope the major magazines refuse to have her in the cover. Probably won't happen since it would sell.

we are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams. wandering by lone sea breakers and sitting by desolate streams. world losers and world forsakers, on whom the pale moon gleams. yet we are the movers and shakers of the world for ever it seems

09-11-2016
V.I.P.

I highly doubt Melania is going to sell covers... I don't see her on US vogue cover anytime soon...

This life is a process of learning- Lauryn Hill

09-11-2016
fashion insider

Come on, she was on the cover when she married the man, let alone now as a First Lady.

09-11-2016
don't look down

I can see Vanity Fair running a Trump cover at the first sign of something to criticise about his Presidency. The cover shot will probably seem designed to appeal to the public, but the article inside won't pull any punches.

I remember the furore last time Melania appeared on the cover of US Vogue, and she had no associations back then, other than being a trophy wife. Now she represents a political statement, so I wonder how she's going to sell herself as First Lady. What 'positives' will she hype up as part of her package?

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#16, #17, 12, cover, rumor, thread