Cover Rumor Thread #18 - Page 4 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
07-07-2017
fashion elite

Grace Elizabeth is gorgeous & her name sounds like a MEGA STAR!

07-07-2017
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanelh View Post
vogue's instagram is posting Celine like crazy, i don't remember they ever put such big effort on any celebrity. if this doesn't get her a cover....then.....i don't know what to say
I would say the fact they are posting is to much ensures it won't be a cover, personally. When was the last time Vogue posted about a cover shoot being undertaken...?

07-07-2017
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeycombchild View Post
I would say the fact they are posting is to much ensures it won't be a cover, personally. When was the last time Vogue posted about a cover shoot being undertaken...?
consider celine's legendary level, i think it's hard to believe she would agree to do these instagram and video without a cover coming......she is not some blogger or young model, she is the ultimate super star.

but just a random guess, who knows, maybe u r right.

07-07-2017
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeycombchild View Post
I agree, and the Vogue instagram posts are rather lengthy, content wise. Plus they do mention she's doing a couture shoot for vogue.com. I doubt they do another shoot with her for the print magazine.

07-07-2017
V.I.P.

Here is an excerpt from Vogue's instagram:

Quote:
And it is quite possibly the first time the haute couture has been shot exclusively for digital, so that's also MAJOR!
So the shoot is for a vogue.com video and I guess nothing else. Jennifer Lawrence is on their September cover and I bet you there will no mention of her on their instagram the month prior.

07-07-2017
V.I.P.

Also, I'm not sure she's the 'ultimate superstar' to be honest. She's definitely having a moment in fashion terms and whilst I would celebrate the use of a curve ball cover subject, I don't think she's going to be landing any major covers anytime too soon. Especially as some massive chart come back hasn't seemed to have occurred recently.

07-07-2017
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by apple View Post
I think Grace Elizabeth is another candidate for a Vogue Paris cover - not for August, but soon. She has been featured quite a lot in the magazine and her new Vogue Italia cover will make her even more famous. I could definitely see her scoring a Vogue Paris cover.
I really want that to happen , she could fits VP quite well and I take her ANYDAY over a Taylor Hill

07-07-2017
V.I.P.

The Celine photoshoot.

LOOK AT HER here! hahahah

Celine Dion LIVES the fashion. Why on earth hasn't she been in photoshoots before now? She is bringing so much energy and drama. I cannot wait to see the results of this shoot. haha. I absolutely adore how she's transitioned into this Grande Dame role. She's just honestly embraced her wild eccentricities and has the money to really live the lifestyle. Amazing.

I neeeeed a Tim Walker + Celine + Couture shoot immediately.

*hawtcelebs

V.I.P.

Omg, these pictures are so OTT! Hahaha. She's so thirsty, one can tell she always wanted an opportunity to be fashion's leading lady. You should see the IG video of her at Valli....lol

07-07-2017
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benn98 View Post
Omg, these pictures are so OTT! Hahaha. She's so thirsty, one can tell she always wanted an opportunity to be fashion's leading lady. You should see the IG video of her at Valli....lol
Oh I saw it and I DIED. haha. It's the funniest thing - everyone in fashion has to play this idea of being so cool and unaffected. And then Celine comes in and is completely and entirely over-the-top but HONEST about how passionate and how much feeling she has and I think it's oddly contagious and endearing.

Lainey Gossip kind of summed it up perfectly, imo:

"Everyone else is too cool to give any f-cks. And Celine’s giving ALL THE F-CKS. In doing so, she’s making the other people who are pretending to not give any f-cks look like f-cking *******s. Which is not easy. Because typically it’s the “cool” posers who make the ones who care seem foolish. When it’s Celine though, who cares SO much, the posers are exposed. You see that expression on Anna’s face? She knows it too."

Last edited by happycanadian; 07-07-2017 at 12:21 PM.
07-07-2017
front row

would much rather take an OTT celine over the celebs that have zero business or interest in fashion like jlaw

08-07-2017
trendsetter

Vogue Paris is Gisele again.

08-07-2017
V.I.P.

^Really? Must admit that I'm a little shocked to hear that but would never complain at the sight of Gisele. Vogue Paris does have a tendency to repeat cover stars (Natasha Poly in 2004).

MON
V.I.P.

Is VP catching up on sales? Gisele again? She must really sell!

08-07-2017
V.I.P.

Emilia Clarke's on the August cover of US Elle, shot by Alexi Lubomirski wearing Dolce & Gabbana.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#17, #18, 13, cover, rumor, thread