Cover Rumor Thread #18 - Page 53 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
5 Days Ago
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MON View Post
^Isnít he retained by Conde Nast? Or is he commissioned per cover?
Don't think he's retained at all, the only times I saw his work was for the odd MET gala shoot (years ago) and W covers.
I liked his take on celebs at US Vogue, but this campaign season so far proved that his career and prospects are far from over. Plus he's expensive!

4 Days Ago
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benn98 View Post
Don't think he's retained at all, the only times I saw his work was for the odd MET gala shoot (years ago) and W covers.
I liked his take on celebs at US Vogue, but this campaign season so far proved that his career and prospects are far from over. Plus he's expensive!
Heís very expensive, and I donít think Anna wants to pay him...

4 Days Ago
V.I.P.

WWD has a CN statement, and it seems they won't be able to avoid publishing some work Testino & Weber, did for them in future titles:

Quote:
A Condť spokesperson said separately that two projects with the photographers have already gone to press: A W fashion shoot with Weber and a Vogue shoot with Testino. “However, no new shoots will be commissioned,” the spokesperson said.
Really? Weber even? Accusations against him have been out for a while now!! This reads to me like, we can't afford to pull it, and re shoot!

4 Days Ago
don't look down

Quote:
Originally Posted by caioherrero View Post
Heís very expensive, and I donít think Anna wants to pay him...
Depends how much she wants someone with decades of experience and what currently seems like a clean rap sheet. But if she can afford to go through all her other options...

front row

If the March cover was indeed shot by Testino, I think Anna would just go with it. I read an article on WWD saying that they would not work with them in the future but will still publish what has been shot.

Also, I genuinely hope this doesn't mean we will see more covers by Leibovitz in the future, can't stand that woman either!

4 Days Ago
MON
V.I.P.

Unless its a high profile celebrity like Beyonce / Lady Gaga / Rihanna who can demand for a reshoot. Its a PR nightmare for these celebs to be seen being photographed by him amidst the controversy while at the same time supporting movements that are entirely directed against these men. No one will highlight the fact that the shoot was done months ago, all that matters is the fact that the celeb was photographed by him. People may equate it as support. Serenaís cover gets a pass. But future covers will be dragged.

Last edited by MON; 4 Days Ago at 09:44 PM.
4 Days Ago
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Dalloway View Post
WWD has a CN statement, and it seems they won't be able to avoid publishing some work Testino & Weber, did for them in future titles:

Really? Weber even? Accusations against him have been out for a while now!! This reads to me like, we can't afford to pull it, and re shoot!
Are they referring to the Serena cover and a possible Weber editorial in the recently released W? Or will it be on future issues?

4 Days Ago
tfs star

If the next cover was made by Testino, I don't know if that will have a good response on sales. They should change the cover right now. It's very risky for them.

4 Days Ago
V.I.P.

I'm calling BS on that statement. She's just being diplomatic to them by not wanting to scrap the shoots. Of course they can reshoot, and as Mon rightly put it, if I were the celeb involved I'd go so far as to motivate a reshoot. It's not only because of the media backlash, but also from a moral stance. That's if they care about it at all.

I can understand why there's a fuss over Testino's edits, but Weber's? His story hit the press at the beginning of December.

3 Days Ago
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunsnroses View Post
Are they referring to the Serena cover and a possible Weber editorial in the recently released W? Or will it be on future issues?
I think they mean the future issues, most likely March ones!

3 Days Ago
MON
V.I.P.

Vogue has TONS of choices which they could actually avail of! (A) Reshoot; ( use the April cover story for March and have the March one reshot for April; or (c) use another editorial for the cover story. Hello models?

I agree with Benn. This is BS and they indeed are being diplomatic.

3 Days Ago
front row

This has put them in quite a pickle I'm sure, as well as other brands and magazines that have work by Testino coming out in the near future.

If it is indeed Gaga for March then she's currently in Barcelona and will be continuing her tour in Europe from now until March (apart from going back to the US for Grammys at the end of this month.) If it was shot by Testino I wonder whether it would be plausible to send someone to reshoot her? It could be that it's not her, or it is her and someone else shot the cover in the first place. I'll be interested to see what happens.

front row

^ Sorry to double post! I should really have read the statement posted above.

I wonder if the Vogue shoot specified was Serena's cover or if they are referring to the March issue? Would the issue really have been sent to print already? I don't know how much time it would need but I imagine it's a couple of weeks which would give them time. Although I suppose it takes time to organise a shoot, get the clothes in, edit it, get it signed off and rearrange pages if they need to, so it probably is cutting it very fine.

Like I said, it will be interesting to see the credits in next months issue.

Last edited by LastNight; 3 Days Ago at 06:51 AM.
3 Days Ago
backstage pass

Was GaGa just a rumor for March or was it a kinda for sure thing? Because as much as I love GaGa I donít see her for March. I see her on a slow month like June ( for A Star Is Born).

3 Days Ago
V.I.P.

^A Star is Born has moved to October.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#17, #18, 13, cover, rumor, thread