Cover Rumor Thread #18 - Page 64 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
13-03-2018
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunsnroses View Post
Considering both Lena Dunham & Amy Schumer got Vogue covers, is there a possibility that Tiffany Haddish will get one? Shes the current it girl in female comedy.
Here for her wearing that white McQueen dress on the cover lol.

13-03-2018
windowshopping

Vogue Spain turns 30 this month, will Cindy be on the cover as in their first issue?

13-03-2018
backstage pass

Any ideas on VP April?

13-03-2018
windowshopping

I think model of the 90s or 00s

14-03-2018
front row

Anna is not so powerful anymore, right?

She didnt manager to get Kate Middleton, and I think she wont be able to give Meghan Markle a cover too. Graydon was the only one with Vanity Fair.

14-03-2018
MON
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caioherrero View Post
Anna is not so powerful anymore, right?

She didnt manager to get Kate Middleton, and I think she wont be able to give Meghan Markle a cover too. Graydon was the only one with Vanity Fair.
She sat next to the Queen. Literally beside her. If thats not power, I dont know what is.

And I dont even think shed care for Meghan Markle. In America, other than she being the fiance of a Prince, shes only known by her Suit stint. The fact that Meghan said yes to Vanity Fair means, IMO, its the only magazine that even bothered. If youd say yes to a high class tabloid magazine like Vanity Fair, the chances of you saying no to Vogue is slim to none. But thats just me.

Last edited by MON; 14-03-2018 at 06:54 AM.

14-03-2018
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caioherrero View Post
She would never have gotten the Duchess to sit for US Vogue anyway, it had to be the UK edition first. She can have Meghan though. They won't have to persuade her too hard to shoot Vogue as she clearly love that sort of thing. She was a tv actress after all.

14-03-2018
rising star

I think its weird to have a British royal on a cover of an American magazine. Even if its Vogue. Its more likely to be Meghan Markle, shes on a popular American tv show and shes the first American married to British royalty.

14-03-2018
trendsetter

Not the first, Wallis Simpson came before her...

14-03-2018
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunsnroses View Post
I think its weird to have a British royal on a cover of an American magazine. Even if its Vogue. Its more likely to be Meghan Markle, shes on a popular American tv show and shes the first American married to British royalty.
American loves British Royal. So its very strange to not have Kate and Meghan on the cover.

Meghan can be very unknown, but now every american know her, and wait and see how much the marriage will be watched in TV.

14-03-2018
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by MON View Post
She sat next to the Queen. Literally beside her. If thats not power, I dont know what is.

And I dont even think shed care for Meghan Markle. In America, other than she being the fiance of a Prince, shes only known by her Suit stint. The fact that Meghan said yes to Vanity Fair means, IMO, its the only magazine that even bothered. If youd say yes to a high class tabloid magazine like Vanity Fair, the chances of you saying no to Vogue is slim to none. But thats just me.
It's hilarious that you're snootily looking down on VF when Vogue's cover subject just got revealed, a 'model' who can't be bother to model anymore but who only got to where she is in the fashion industry because her sister's sex tape with a d-list, third rate singer/rapper catapulted her and her family to stardom. Where would the Kardashians be without Ray J? And Ray J only got where he was because of his older sister Brandy... but to be perfectly honest, comparing Kendull Jenner to Ray J (since they both have older sisters who are instrumental to their success) is an insult to Ray J.

If VF is a high class tabloid, what's Vogue? Serious question. So VF is to People like Vogue is to InTouch at this point (when it's not being J-14 for the 1% with the Selena Gomez and Zendaya covers last year)?

And let's be honest here, AW is not above putting Megan Markle types on her cover at this point... if MM was blonde and under 30 years old, should would've had a cover, even starring on Suits. But since MM is half-black and over 35 the bar is set immeasurably higher for her where even marrying into a royal family doesn't cut it. Case in point with all the critically acclaimed, award winning black actresses who AW acts as if they don't exist... not only do these women not get a cover, they don't even get featured (like Mindy and Sofia from yesteryear).

And these black actresses notice this - Viola Davis mentioned in an interview a couple weeks back at a conference that a white actress like Shailene will get 37 covers to her 4 covers. When Viola is grocery shopping or at Target and see's Lupita with her 4th cover but Viola can't get one, you don't think she notices this crap?

At least VF featured Viola on the front cover, the most decorated black actress working today while AW can't be bothered (sure, Viola had to share the cover but that's more than what AW has done). So I know you're a big AW fan but Vogue is trash and has been trash for years now so snootily looking down on VF as is Vogue is better (when it's probably worse) is hilarious.

14-03-2018
V.I.P.

Wallis Simpson may have married the King but she never got the HRH title, and as such wasn't formally acknowledged by the House of Windsor. Meghan will be getting hers.

I can believe Americans will love Meghan lots. Not only because she'll be marrying a prince, but the prince just so happens to be Harry....their favourite royal after HM.

There's already talk of her following a more 'intuitive' approach to engagements. So the public will finally get what they've always clamored for. A Princess Diana incarnate.

14-03-2018
don't look down

Surely Meghan will be a gift to the media - she's good-looking, she's selling the dream of an 'ordinary girl' landing a prince, and at the moment, she clearly loves her new role and everything that's coming with it, so she's unlikely to be complaining about a lack of privacy any time soon.

And she's marrying the spare, not the heir, so as a couple, they don't have to be all sober and serious. They get to be the fun royals.

14-03-2018
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 333101 View Post
Any ideas on VP April?
I thought we might've seen the April cover of Vogue Paris today, actually. They've released the April cover on the 14th of March for the past two years but I've zero clue as to who might be on the cover!

14-03-2018
front row

The same person who told me Jenner shot with M&M for a Vogue cover, told me we can expect two more Vogue covers with her. Soon. No idea which edition or when.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#17, #18, 13, cover, rumor, thread