How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

20-10-2010
fashion elite

^ Unfortunately this is not a stupid joke
Quote:
WHY HE WAS THERE: In September, Patrick Demarchelier was spotted in the lobby of W magazine’s then-offices at 750 Third Avenue, but his presence was dismissed by a Condé Nast spokeswoman, who said he was there visiting Vogue’s international editions. Maybe — but he was stopping by W, too, as evidenced by his cover of the magazine’s December issue of Katherine Heigl and her daughter, Naleigh. It’s believed to be the first time Demarchelier has shot for W.

Editor in chief Stefano Tonchi said he doesn’t care whether his cover subjects are in other magazines, which is a good thing, since the actress is on the October cover of InStyle and the November cover of Redbook. The W issue will be all about family, with photographs of well-known families that include the Fendis and Koonses. “With the Internet, you’ll always be scooped so for us, we say, ‘Let’s go for quality,’” said Tonchi. And how does that explain “Life As We Know It”?
wwd

Last edited by NeverDrinkAgain; 20-10-2010 at 12:16 AM.

20-10-2010
rising star

I thought Tonchi said that the December cover would feature "a single mother with an adopted child." Heigl's been married for a couple of years. Considering it's the family issue, I think he should probably know whether his cover subject is married. But maybe I'm over-analyzing this!

20-10-2010
V.I.P.

Perhaps he meant single as in one. One mother, and an adopted child. Either that or he simply didn't know she was married. It happens. Lorraine Candy has made comments about future covers that aren't correct. Kristen Stewart's first UK cover, the first Elle cover to feature a hat... both wrong. It happens.

20-10-2010
V.I.P.

I have nothing against Katherine Heigl but, WHY HER??? I was expecting Sandra Bullock and her adopted child to be on the Dec. cover. Gosh..what's going on with Tonchi's mind? Sigh...

20-10-2010
you soft and only

I wasn't fully convinced it would be Sandra, because it doesn't seem like something she'd do. I know she did a People cover, but that seemed more like a one time thing. I didn't even suspect Katherine though. Wow she really is working hard to get everybody to like her now, isn't she?

20-10-2010
V.I.P.

Haha so couldnt care LESS about W anymore!

But i do hate when models are shot for a cover or campaign, and are then cut out, HATE that, it must be awful to hear it, after thinking you bagged the cover of your career. And besides i would have loved Daphne on the cover, despite being so young!

20-10-2010
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilylin View Post
is VP late?
I remember it's about time to release, right? (I searched back the previous covers released time, it was about this week)
I remember the November Vogue Paris cover surfaced SUPER late last year, so I'm wondering if it will be the same this year. I certainly hope not, as I am dying with anticipation.

My fingers are crossed for Daphne or Sasha. Either would be absolutely fantastic.

20-10-2010
tfs star

^ I hope sasha will on the cover, she only covered VNippon & VKorea this year
I really want her on VI & VP cover

20-10-2010
V.I.P.

^VP is one sale October 28th, so I think subscribers will get their copies from this weekend!

20-10-2010
trendsetter

Ah, thanks for the news tentalicious! I certainly hope they receive their copies this weekend, but I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't receive the issue until early next week.

20-10-2010
front row

Sasha is on the cover of Vogue Nippon December!

20-10-2010
V.I.P.

^There's already a thread about it. Anyways as for the Russian covergirl for VP, I hope it's either Sasha!

20-10-2010
V.I.P.

Katherine Heigl? WTF?

Stefano: ↓

source: blogged.the-protagonist.net

Nothing more cheesy and publicity-hunting than posing with your child for a magazine (fashion or tabloid) or fashion campaign. *coughJLOcough*

20-10-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecas570 View Post
I agree!! I've never seen a decent editorial with Chanel Iman, she's just not print model (or runway model)
well, at least she'll be along side Jourdan Dunn and others for the editorial.
Chanel couldn't pull a solo editorial in Vogue Italia. I'm sorry/ Maybe in Teen Vogue.

20-10-2010
trendsetter

LULA changed the date again to 28 october, the issue was supposed to go on-sale tomorrow.

When do subscribers get their issues of VP, is it this weekend? can't wait.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#4, cover, rumor, thread