How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

18-10-2011
you soft and only

^ Yeah, a Duran Duran music video.

Here's the article about it:

Quote:
Supermodels Reunite for Duran Duran Music Video Shoot

Supermodel history was made this week in London: according to numerous reports, the original “supers” Cindy Crawford, Naomi Campbell, Helena Christensen, Eva Herzigova and Yasmin Le Bon reunited for a new Duran Duran music video.

A huge photo/video shoot of video for Duran Duran’s new single “Girl Panic” happened in London involving Duran Duran, Domenico Dolce, Stefano Gabbana, Harper’s Bazaar UK and “supers” Cindy Crawford, Naomi Campbell, Helena Christensen, Eva Herzigova and Yasmin Le Bon (wife of Duran Duran frontman Simon Le Bon) earlier this week.

The next day, Duran Duran’s John Taylor tweeted: “I’m coming down from a glamour overdose. I’ve a glamover”. According to Twitter account of Lucy Yeomans, the editor of the fashion magazine Harper’s Bazar, the shoot went on until 3am . She tweeted to Simon Le Bon: “Just seen stills and they’re amazing. More champagne waiter…!”, before adding: “This has to have been one of the most extraordinary days of my life. A little bit of fashion history made!”

At first it was found out that a supermodel Duran Duran video was in the works a few weeks ago when Naomi was rumored to be rounding up a group of her supermodel friends for them. The actual shoot was in London, not the South of France, as was rumored, where the group reunited to talk details.Also, Kate Moss, who was supposed to be taking part, did not seem to be involved with this week’s shoot.

There are no nitty-gritty details of how it was happening. But there is a Stefano Gabbana’s “coverage” of the shoot posted to his Tumblr of him with supermodels Naomi Campbell, Eva Herzigova, Cindy Crawford, Helena Christensen, and, of course, Yasmin Le Bon. It is weird, but there is no mention of Duran Duran in the Gabbana’s series of photoes. He only references Harper’s Bazaar UK a few times, which is presumably because the mag is shooting an accompanying editorial.

Duran Duran confirmed the video shoot for a “Girl Panic”on their Facebook page, writing: “So next Monday and Tuesday (June 6/7) Duran Duran will be filming a vid for “Girl Panic!”, directed by none other than Jonas Akerlund…and to confirm, super models flying in to appear in the video…Stay Tuned!” On Monday, they wrote(more from a band member JT): “Don’t get too excited, but we’re on the set with Cindy C, Helena, Yasmin, Eva and … Naomi is in the Presidential Suite” [via The Telegraph (UK) and Yahoo! News]

theblogismine

18-10-2011
V.I.P.

Then perhaps I'm reading too much into it, but Lucy does quite specifically say 'the film'.

I imagine the Supers are coming up but it just doesn't scream December issue to me personally.

18-10-2011
you soft and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeycombchild View Post
Then perhaps I'm reading too much into it, but Lucy does quite specifically say 'the film'.
Well, considering who is in the music video, it might be one of those music videos that tries to be a "short film," rather than just your average 3 minute music video.

18-10-2011
V.I.P.

Whoa! Kristina Salinovic on the cover of VP sounds promising. Would like to see her too fronting one. I just love her.

18-10-2011
MON
V.I.P.

Kristina Salinovic for VOGUE Paris! Omg! That`s exciting!!

18-10-2011
trendsetter

Dont know if is the right thread but found this info on Boy George Official Facebook page

"George will be included in a feature called MUSIC ICONS in french VOGUE magazine, December Issue - interview and pics!"

Doesnt mention who the other icons will be

19-10-2011
V.I.P.

^Excited to see who's going to guest-edit the December/January issue of VP.

19-10-2011
V.I.P.

So it seems the Dec/Jan issue will be guest edited by a music icon, wonder if they might go with Madonna, or someone totally unexpected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeycombchild View Post
Hang on, weren't the supers teamed up because of a music video, not a film...?
That is true, it might not be them after all...but i thought like blueorchid, its one of those videos that they refer to as films sometimes. If not then i wonder if it could be Jolie who has her directional debut film out.

Last edited by Miss Dalloway; 19-10-2011 at 04:31 AM.

19-10-2011
MON
V.I.P.

Didn`t Emmanuelle mention some of her favorite musicians in her US Vogue Interview? Maybe some of them will pop out / guest edit.

Praying for a Madonna!

19-10-2011
fashion elite

But when is supposed to be out the November issue of Vogue Paris?

19-10-2011
V.I.P.

^The November issue will be out October the 26th in France.
I hope it's Madonna too! It will be a very exciting issue.

19-10-2011
backstage pass

about kristina S, could it just be an another vogue cover shot in france?

19-10-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Dalloway View Post
That is true, it might not be them after all...but i thought like blueorchid, its one of those videos that they refer to as films sometimes. If not then i wonder if it could be Jolie who has her directional debut film out.
Head of Hears't Magazine PR tweeted :

Quote:
Working on PR plan for the 'SUPER' Dec issue of @bazaarUK
I think they're talking about supermodels and if I remember right month ago Lucy Yeomanis also tweeted that Supermodels cover would be for December issue.

19-10-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tentacules97 View Post
about kristina S, could it just be an another vogue cover shot in france?
Kristina said in her message that the thing is already out or she got an anticipated copy of the magazine. I'm not sure it's a cover but I really hope so. she's not the prettiest girl around here but God she's so amazing in print and most of her work is just memorable and of course she's so sweet as a person.

19-10-2011
V.I.P.

Since Alt adore's David Bowie, imagine if he got the honor of guest editing the issue, would so love that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarsha View Post
Head of Hears't Magazine PR tweeted :

I think they're talking about supermodels and if I remember right month ago Lucy Yeomanis also tweeted that Supermodels cover would be for December issue.
As always thanks for the fantastic find Tarsha. This makes sense now, since Yeomans must have meant that the release of the issue AND film (making of not video), awaits.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#7, cover, rumor, thread