How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

26-09-2011
V.I.P.

I totally agree. I'm not sure what kind of message doing the US cover sends...having turned down the UK one. Would be very odd.

26-09-2011
V.I.P.

If I'm not mistaken, Lily Cole is on the October cover of Vogue Turkey.

26-09-2011
V.I.P.

W are shooting Lara in Paris today and tomorrow.

26-09-2011
trendsetter

EIC Vogue Australia, Kirstie Clements:
November Vogue out soon. Its all sun sea, beach, and pool, every page. Shot in Bali and Bondi on Alina B and Rosie Tupper. Summers coming!

source: her twitter

Alina Baikova's got another cover?
ps Vogue Oz love their Next girls don't they...

26-09-2011
V.I.P.

If Kate does US Vogue, couldn't they just repeat the article and photos for the British publication as well? Vanity Fair does it...sometimes. If it's a big star--they might just use a different cover image.

26-09-2011
V.I.P.

^That's awesome for Alina, if true. They must really like her at Vogue Australia.

26-09-2011
trendsetter

^ Yeah it would be fantastic! Think she's a stunning girl and I got to say, I'm quite proud of Vogue Australia! Really pushing themselves cover/content-wise and thank god for the new Art director.

26-09-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUXXX View Post
If Kate does US Vogue, couldn't they just repeat the article and photos for the British publication as well? Vanity Fair does it...sometimes. If it's a big star--they might just use a different cover image.
I'm sorry, but even as a suggestion that is ridiculous! UK Vogue is a major independent publication, its not Vogue Espana (and even they have original content), not to mention there would be tons of criticism if they published a cover/spread that was shot for someone else. Vanity Fair doesnt hold the same status in UK, and its certainly not as profitable or successful, so its fine if they do that.

But why should Kate do her first major cover photoshoot, for the American magazine, when she turned down UK Vogue already? It will never happen, and if it does, i will be shocked. There is no way the Palace, will let her first cover be for any other than British publication.

I'm sure someone is rolling their eyes at my comment right now, but its how the Royals work, and imo should. There will be plenty of time for her to do US Vogue.

26-09-2011
MON
V.I.P.

I doubt that Anna would even dare repeat an Article. Her team is powerful enough to bag their own one on one with the duchess

26-09-2011
V.I.P.

^ No offense, but you should really read the comments more carefully, because no one said Wintour to reprint the article, it was about UK Vogue using Wintour's cover.

26-09-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Dalloway View Post

I'm sure someone is rolling their eyes at my comment right now, but its how the Royals work, and imo should. There will be plenty of time for her to do US Vogue.
i agree, especially with the timing of her husbands ascendancy. he may not ascend for another twenty years or longer.

diana was on the cover of vogue UK in august 1981 in a portrait by lord snowdon, however.

but diana was a princess, not a duchess and much closer to ascension.

also kate has not chosen a charity yet to "adopt" so there's nothing to promote.

26-09-2011
V.I.P.

I'm officially bored of Kirstie Clements and her Australian fashion mafia who grace, or are behind (photographers, editors... etc) every single issue of Vogue Australia.

26-09-2011
trendsetter

^ Well personally I think its fantastic that she supports the Australia fashion industry and we are able to see their work. I respect her for that so its a shame you feel that way
and plus, the last 2 covers haven't featured models who are in the 'Australian fashion mafia' and possibly a 3rd cover.

26-09-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeycombchild View Post
It's UK Elle that is Emma Watson.
Fingers crossed British Elle have done something different with Emma, I can't bare to witness another pretty/pixie direction. No matter who photographs her, I tend to find the photos uninspiring. Even British Bazaar failed to flatter her.

The Duchess of Cambridge covering American Vogue sounds questionable. British Vogue, of course.. although that offer was declined. Must be the competition of who can seal the first appearance.

26-09-2011
MON
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Dalloway View Post
^ No offense, but you should really read the comments more carefully, because no one said Wintour to reprint the article, it was about UK Vogue using Wintour's cover.
Quote:
I was referring to this one

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#7, cover, rumor, thread