How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

10-12-2012
backstage pass

^ I had noticed it too since long time ago, there was a time a photo of her was posted everyday, and even they have have slowed down a bit, it hasn't stopped. There will definitely be something with her on the next issue, if someone has jumped into Cara's bandwagon it is Katie Grand. Maybe it has to do with the bunny obsession and a possible resemblance? And if she turns out to be on the cover I hope she does it well, for the first time ever?

Last edited by GarageGlamorous; 10-12-2012 at 11:42 AM.

10-12-2012
fashion elite

Anais Pouliot today shot for Russian Vogue

11-12-2012
V.I.P.

The British Elle team are heading to Paris for their April cover shoot. Rihanna's in Paris too.

11-12-2012
V.I.P.

Rihanna is doing a cover for them, to coincide with her tour and the launch of her River Island range.

11-12-2012
fashion elite

Raquel Zimmermann and Joan Smalls did an editorial in Rome for American Vogue photographed by Mario Testino.

11-12-2012
clo
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucaNatashaFan View Post
Raquel Zimmermann and Joan Smalls did an editorial in Rome for American Vogue photographed by Mario Testino.
Thanks for the news!

12-12-2012
trendsetter

Naomi Campbell shot yesterday in for V Magazine. Not certain if it is for a cover.
Posted via Mobile Device

12-12-2012
V.I.P.

i think if Kate Upton gets a US Vogue cover, it will definitely be an only-girl cover. i would LOVE to see an Arizona/Karlie/Joan cover for the "American" issue ... and maybe that's a possibility. but if Kate is on the cover, she won't be paired with them. it'll be solo. and it'll be the announcement of the first legit crossover supermodel in a looooooong time.

12-12-2012
fashion elite

it would be a big downgrade to anna professionalism to have kate upton on the cover as of this moment.

vogue us not only sell popular faces but also stories behind it. what kind of story of kate upton that vogue us can use to sell their magazines"? she was on si? or vogue italia? or in the top 5 of askman's hottest babe?

anna has said that the content of her magazine is a reflection of what is going on in the us. if kate upton is a reflection of what is going in the us, then i have to say that this world must be coming to an end.

whether i think kate is pretty or not, it wont be a big deal. bc u dont have to be pretty to be on the cover of vogue us. as long as she has a good resume to back it up then i'm all for kate for a us vogue cover.

12-12-2012
V.I.P.

i don't think it has to be that serious, congacon. i definitely understand what you're saying - but it was only a few years ago that Natalia Vodianova got a solo cover, wasn't it? and what was her story?

13-12-2012
you soft and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by congacon View Post
it would be a big downgrade to anna professionalism to have kate upton on the cover as of this moment.

vogue us not only sell popular faces but also stories behind it. what kind of story of kate upton that vogue us can use to sell their magazines"? she was on si? or vogue italia? or in the top 5 of askman's hottest babe?

anna has said that the content of her magazine is a reflection of what is going on in the us. if kate upton is a reflection of what is going in the us, then i have to say that this world must be coming to an end.

whether i think kate is pretty or not, it wont be a big deal. bc u dont have to be pretty to be on the cover of vogue us. as long as she has a good resume to back it up then i'm all for kate for a us vogue cover.
Ivana Trump has already been on the cover of Vogue under Anna Wintour. There is no possible way you can get worse than Ivana Trump, well maybe Octomom.

13-12-2012
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by happycanadian View Post
i don't think it has to be that serious, congacon. i definitely understand what you're saying - but it was only a few years ago that Natalia Vodianova got a solo cover, wasn't it? and what was her story?
her story was that she had been in the industry for 6-7 years and had achieved a lot as a model.

from being a little girl selling fruits in market, she became one of the most successful models of her time. before having her first solo for vogue us, she has done millions of editorial for vogue us.

bottom line is that, she deserved that cover.

13-12-2012
fashion elite

@congacon Anna is interested on who sell more :lol and many people are interested in Kate Upton after SI so i don't see anything strange if she will be on the cover.

13-12-2012
V.I.P.

don't get me wrong, i definitely think that if anyone deserved the cover at that time it would've been Natalia. she's an iconic fashion model of recent times. but she wasn't selling a STORY in that article. her story as a poor child selling fruit was the one that she sold 10 years ago. also, Natalia's private life might be of interest in the UK or Europe, but i would say that she's fairly unknown in America - so the cover of US Vogue was more an honour that Anna was bestowing on her for her wonderful career, not because of her story.

Kate Upton is much much more well-known in the USA, even though her fashion career is only really just beginning over the past year. and she'll sell more copies of the magazine, which - ultimately - is Anna's primary concern.

13-12-2012
fashion elite

exactly, i think Natalia was on the cover because she's probably Anna's favourite model of this new era of models, Natalia had 3 covers and in the two multi girls she was in the center which is a big deal, and then she has been in only girl editorials styled by Grace from almost 5/6 years ago. Kate sell and there's another reason to believe she'll be on the cover
Quote:
The Sixth-Most Searched Person in America in 2012
style.time.com

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#9, cover, rumor, thread