How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

13-12-2012
trendsetter

I have a very strong feeling it'll be Kate. I'm so sick of people saying models are "undeserving" of covers. Who are we to decide who is deserving or not? That's the editor's decision. Kate Upton would sell, and at the end of the day, it's all about money. She certainly has a story, too. She went from Sports Illustrated to Vogue almost overnight. Who else has done that? Anna clearly has taken a liking to Kate, and I wouldn't blame her for putting her on the cover. It's a great way to try something new, and yet stay safe at the same time. I'm anticipating the cover. I hope the rumor is true and it is by Meisel. I think an all American, Ralph Lauren and/or Tommy Hilfiger theme would be lovely. Kate really works in those types of settings.

Last edited by charlieandmarie; 13-12-2012 at 11:44 AM.

13-12-2012
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueorchid View Post
Ivana Trump has already been on the cover of Vogue under Anna Wintour. There is no possible way you can get worse than Ivana Trump, well maybe Octomom.
Sorry, I wasn't thrilled with the Meryl Streep cover a year ago and I know many others are here were. She's an incredible actress no doubt, but seeing her on the cover of US Vogue made zero sense to me.

13-12-2012
fashion elite

Chanel Iman today shot for Elle France and Carmen Kass did an editorial for Vogue Taiwan.

13-12-2012
front row

There are rumors on FB about Laetitia Casta for Numero (January 2013)

?

13-12-2012
trendsetter

^ It would be February 2013 if anything because the December/January issue is out at the moment.

13-12-2012
V.I.P.

^But Numero doesn't have a January issue, but a December/January issue and it's out already.

13-12-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieandmarie View Post
I have a very strong feeling it'll be Kate. I'm so sick of people saying models are "undeserving" of covers. Who are we to decide who is deserving or not? That's the editor's decision. Kate Upton would sell, and at the end of the day, it's all about money. She certainly has a story, too. She went from Sports Illustrated to Vogue almost overnight. Who else has done that? Anna clearly has taken a liking to Kate, and I wouldn't blame her for putting her on the cover. It's a great way to try something new, and yet stay safe at the same time. I'm anticipating the cover. I hope the rumor is true and it is by Meisel. I think an all American, Ralph Lauren and/or Tommy Hilfiger theme would be lovely. Kate really works in those types of settings.
My exact sentiments as well. Thank you for this.

13-12-2012
front row

Any rumors about VP feb. issue?

13-12-2012
Mr. Zhivago

Does Kate Upton sell amongst women? Are women interested in her? I know men certainly are but I'm lost when it comes to female readers.

13-12-2012
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rex View Post
Does Kate Upton sell amongst women? Are women interested in her? I know men certainly are but I'm lost when it comes to female readers.

I don't see why women wouldn't like her as well. I mean, men like Marilyn Monroe, but women do too.

Not that Kate is equivalent to Marilyn in the grand scheme of things, I'm just using it as an example of how women don't dislike/feel threatened by blonde bombshells.

13-12-2012
you soft and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieandmarie View Post
I have a very strong feeling it'll be Kate. I'm so sick of people saying models are "undeserving" of covers. Who are we to decide who is deserving or not? That's the editor's decision. .
I agree, I can't stand it when people say things like this. Getting the cover is not like receiving a Nobel Prize, it's just the cover of a damn magazine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond Kim View Post
Any rumors about VP feb. issue?
I think there were rumours about Milla Jovovich shooting something.

Last edited by blueorchid; 13-12-2012 at 06:01 PM.

13-12-2012
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenway View Post
^ It would be February 2013 if anything because the December/January issue is out at the moment.
February then.
maybe.

14-12-2012
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rex View Post
American women are obsessed with beautiful women with ”curves”. It's relatable for them. As a woman, I'm interested in her.
Posted via Mobile Device

14-12-2012
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueorchid View Post
I agree, I can't stand it when people say things like this. Getting the cover is not like receiving a Nobel Prize, it's just the cover of a damn magazine.
I think it should mean something for a model or actress to make the cover of a major magazine, just like it's a huge deal for a model to land a make-up contract (or some other major deal). I think diminishing the importance of landing covers takes some of the fun and spirit out of fashion, and talk of who deserves one is entirely relevant. I want to applaud models and celebrities for landing a cover.

Anyway, I think Kate Upton is a good choice for pretty much any magazine cover at the moment, especially Vogue. Although I don't think the Sports Illustrated to Vogue crossover is a big deal. When I hear those titles together I immediately think of models like Paulina Porizkova, Christie Brinkley, and Cindy Crawford.

14-12-2012
fashion elite

Isabeli Fontana days ago shot again for Vogue Brazil and today Jasmine Tookes shot for Elle France

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#9, cover, rumor, thread