How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

29-12-2012
V.I.P.

Hahah oh i love all this yapping about "new ears", and "makeovers" the magazines feed their readers every single year, just to end up looking exactly the same, if not even more lackluster. SO i will believe that when i see it!

29-12-2012
V.I.P.

This week's British Grazia cover is one of Kate Moss' outtakes from the shoot she did for British Vogue which I find a little strange personally...\

Her face did not look like that in those shots though, so who knows what Photoshopping horrors have gone on there.

Grazia's Facebook

29-12-2012
fashion elite

^This is so funny

29-12-2012
V.I.P.

Is that truly an outtake or a paparazzi candid photo airbrushed to hell and back? Seriously, they made her face look like its someone else!

29-12-2012
V.I.P.

Sorry that's my fault, I didn't exactly mean an outtake. Simply that it was taken by a pap whilst she posed for Patrick's lens. But the work on the face is truly awful.

29-12-2012
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8eight View Post
Interesting...

Lorraine Candy ‏@LorraineELLE
Looking at proofs and layouts for March ELLE. Am very excited about this new look issue. You are going to LOVE IT! #newera
Apparently the magazine has gone under a complete, total transformation - or rather, overhaul - under Sykes' creative direction. We've seen hints of it, but March is supposedly going to be the first issue we see it completely, according to my source.

Hopefully the Victoria Beckham cover will indicate a new, exciting era... Still, I wonder if Hearst would consider rehiring Jenny Dickinson.

31-12-2012
trendsetter

After Anne H. has gotten the February Harper's Bazaar cover, are we still thinking about Vogue or ruling her out?

31-12-2012
V.I.P.

She wont be on British Vogue I wouldn't have thought. The rumour was she'd shot a Harper's cover and now it's arrived I think we can say that's her done for UK covers. Maybe UK Vogue will surprise us again. No one saw the Jennifer Lawrence cover coming, which was a nice surprise.

Rose Byrne is on Red's February issue. Wish she appeared more on covers, she's shoots beautifully.

31-12-2012
V.I.P.

So the shoot of Kate that Grazia used hasn't actually appeared on Vogue UK? When it does, is it going to be considered a 'reprint' then? lol

31-12-2012
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIs View Post
So the shoot of Kate that Grazia used hasn't actually appeared on Vogue UK? When it does, is it going to be considered a 'reprint' then? lol
That shot of Kate was a paparazzi shot of the shoot if i'm correct, so the final image (hopefully) won't look like that.

31-12-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
NEW YEAR, NEW CR
Start your countdown now, Issue 2 drops February 2013

01-01-2013
V.I.P.

I love Carine Roitfeld and CR Fashion Book are much as the next person. But what is the point to that video preview? It shows us nothing.. unless Carine has done a shoot inside the elevator. Is there a hidden message, as to what the theme will be? Nonetheless, I'm still excited for the upcoming issue.. Roitfeld tends to leave that impact on me.

Due to Anne Hathaway's appearance on British Bazaar, I wonder who Vogue have to front their February issue. Cara Delevingne's rumored for March and I doubt we'd get another model after Kate Upton, I'd be surprised. Who are possible candidates? I want someone unexpected.

I didn't even notice how horrendous that shot of Kate Moss was, when I saw Grazia in the store last week. Jeeeez!

01-01-2013
The future is stupid

The music in the video is Sunrise [Also sprach Zarathustra] so maybe the theme will be new beginnings... Spring!

Looking forward to the issue. Thanks for the news Marc10!

Last edited by MissMagAddict; 01-01-2013 at 06:03 PM.

01-01-2013
front row

Vogue Italia Feb. 2013: Naomi Campbell by Steven Meisel

01-01-2013
front row

That should be interesting, so that means that Daphne's rumored cover will be the big spring issue perhaps!

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#9, cover, rumor, thread