How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

23-01-2013
V.I.P.

Kate gets airbrushed into oblivion nowadays, becoming some rather tragic plastic version of herself. I'm no fan of her work for the most part, she's always left me entirely blank. Having seen the candid shots from her British Vogue shoot I'm intrigued to see what her cover and editorial will turn out like, however it's not in a good intrigued way - I'm waiting to see exactly what creature British Vogue have created. Those dreadful outfits teamed with a face that's the work of a computer should be rather interesting.

Magazines don't use Kate Moss because she's a model anymore, they use her so much because she's a model that will sell like a celebrity, mostly, because that's exactly what is now. She passed that line a long time ago. Magazines like British Vogue can say to themselves it's a 'model' cover but really, it's not. It's a celebrity cover because she really isn't the best person for all of photographical jobs she lands. Some, yes. But not all. In that respect she's treated as a celebrity they want to use to sell the magazine and not as a model. That beach shoot she did for British Vogue whilst being laughable was also a good demonstration in this. After Doutzen's amazing editorial for British Vogue it just shows that really, there are far better models to use for these things nowadays.

23-01-2013
V.I.P.

Giampaolo Sgura and Anna Dello Russo have done the entire February issue of Vogue Brazil:

Quote:
coming soon the full February issue of voguebrasil by @giampaolosgura with @annadellorusso
Giampaolo posted a preview; Magdalena(?) looks terrifc:

twitter.com/giampaolosgura

23-01-2013
V.I.P.

Taylor Swift shot something in London today.
Posted via Mobile Device

23-01-2013
backstage pass

She shot InStyle UK yesterday

23-01-2013
fashion elite

pradaphne.tumblr

Daphne is shooting in Barcelona for Harpers Bazaar Spain by Txema Yeste

23-01-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egoiste View Post
Maybe those girls are talented, but it's not enought. You have to work really hard, know how to to present yourself. Kate has it all. It's simply why they choose her. She is 39 and she still get a lot of cover. Kate is one of the best !
No disrespect but that makes me laugh... This is what fashion editors make us believe... There are lots of models in their 30ies and 40ies who have lots of skills and rich experience of modelling... They've just created this style icon 'monster' (does not apply to Kate as a person) and feed us with it... It is like eating porrige or foie gras every day... At the end both become extremely boring however well you cook them...

23-01-2013
backstage pass

Is that the new UK Marie Claire in the background of this photo?
http://instagram.com/p/U0skpnuRH_/
THE BIG FASHION ISSUE in red block type? (v vogue)

23-01-2013
don't look down

What I notice most in that picture is the perilous nature of having a plastic bottle full of water resting on a tray amid all those magazines.

23-01-2013
V.I.P.

^ Hahah bless you, my thoughts exactly!

23-01-2013
V.I.P.

Is that Beyonce on the cover? It's not a cover I recognise.

23-01-2013
don't look down

Well, it seems we'll only have to wait a week or so to see the first of the March issues (UK Elle, Marie Claire) as well as some of the S/S collections magazines.

Strangely, the March cover I most want to see is Vanity Fair's Hollywood issue, rather than the mainstream fashion ones.

23-01-2013
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by KissMiss View Post
No disrespect but that makes me laugh... This is what fashion editors make us believe... There are lots of models in their 30ies and 40ies who have lots of skills and rich experience of modelling... They've just created this style icon 'monster' (does not apply to Kate as a person) and feed us with it... It is like eating porrige or foie gras every day... At the end both become extremely boring however well you cook them...
sooooooooo true

24-01-2013
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucaNatashaFan View Post
Naomi Campbell is confirmed for Vogue Italia February 2013 by Steven Meisel. Naomi retweeted on twitter this, so it's official

eli221981's twitter
Wow this brings me great excitement, cant wait to see the cover...i thought we'd have a teaser out by now..

24-01-2013
windowshopping

Looks like Edie Campbell will front the April issue of UK Vogue. Do we see a trend for Brit IT girls & models covering British Vogue...(Cara Delevigne's March cover out today)

24-01-2013
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerrouge View Post
Well, it seems we'll only have to wait a week or so to see the first of the March issues (UK Elle, Marie Claire) as well as some of the S/S collections magazines.

Strangely, the March cover I most want to see is Vanity Fair's Hollywood issue, rather than the mainstream fashion ones.
THIS, so much! Completely agree. It's the only VF cover i purchase every year & i buy it really only for the cover to add to my collection....VF's writing and journalistic stance has gone downhill the last couple of years or so. They've become very 'tabloidy' with the way they write their pieces and that annoys me. Okay, rant over. lol:p

....I'm hoping it's an all female cover. They work better I think. I loved last years.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#9, cover, rumor, thread