How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

11-10-2012
fashion icon

Beren Saat on the November cover of Elle Turkey. Part of the outfit/body they posted:

(facebook.com/elleturkey)

12-10-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarMe View Post
I'm pretty sure these rumors have been swirling around here for a while, but here it is confirmed. Wasn't Anne's last November cover the worst selling for that year? Hopefully this one fare's better.
She was, and if i remember right, her first cover for them was their worst seller as well that year, but of course none of that matters to Wintour when she is backing someone. There is plenty other months to put the predictable best sellers on the cover. But its interesting that Leibovitz shot Anne this time, hopefully its an interesting result. And yay for two covers with short haired ladies.

Last edited by Miss Dalloway; 12-10-2012 at 04:39 AM.

12-10-2012
front row

anne is a proven worst seller! interesting that they don't seem to care...if thats the case why not just put on models on the cover then:p and barf about rihanna. she has nothing interesting to say and seems a bit immature for vogue's audience.

12-10-2012
backstage pass

Saw the November 2012 W Magazine at newstand today (in Los Angeles). Big anniversary issue. There are multiple covers with Keira Knightley (w/blonde hair!), Rooney Mara, Scarlett Johansson and Mia Wasikowska.

12-10-2012
V.I.P.

^ So basically more of the same faces, just tiring, but thank you for the heads up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fee de foret View Post
anne is a proven worst seller! interesting that they don't seem to care...if thats the case why not just put on models on the cover then:p and barf about rihanna. she has nothing interesting to say and seems a bit immature for vogue's audience.
That is a perfectly good point, but i think its Wintour's politics with movie studios & managers, so that prevails because in the long run she gets more out of it, favor wise, in the future. But i certainly agree about Rihanna, she is not someone i think the Vogue reader would care about (well i dont, even if i thought her first cover was well done), or consider stylish, but then we have Gaga, so its all the same really, they are going outside of their audience in order to sell. And these girls do just that, every time. Who cares they are flashing their boobs every chance they get, Vogue will willingly look the other way, and present them as "classy, talented.etc

12-10-2012
front row

I don't get what Wintour see's in Rihanna, I just don't get it. She's probably the WORST role model for young women, and her style is absolutly gaudy even when she's trying her best. I mean, I would think Wintour wouldn't want someone on her magazine who publicly defends someone who beats women. Isn't Vogue about giving the power to woman, to enlighten women, to make her realize her worth? Anyways, Vogue shouldn't be in the business of supporting terrible celebrities.

12-10-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handbag Queen View Post
Saw the November 2012 W Magazine at newstand today (in Los Angeles). Big anniversary issue. There are multiple covers with Keira Knightley (w/blonde hair!), Rooney Mara, Scarlett Johansson and Mia Wasikowska.
Wow! Excited for this one! Thanks for sharing!

12-10-2012
fashion elite

So happy for Rooney!

12-10-2012
Mr. Zhivago

I read the four actresses are made up to resemble previous Hollywood icons. W sure does like Mia.

13-10-2012
backstage pass

Is Magdalena confirmed for a VP cover?? I ask this because earlier in the year VP tweeted something about "cover girl Joan Smalls" and even had an entire front page of their website devoted to her and there was no cover. Maybe "cover girl" refers to the fact that the model has been on a Vogue cover?

13-10-2012
V.I.P.

^Magdalena was on a cover inside Vogue Paris September, so they may be refering to that. I doubt Alt would put her on the cover tbh, eventhough I would like to see it.

13-10-2012
V.I.P.

Magdalena isn't confirmed for the cover of Vogue Paris, no. I just assumed from their tweet that she was about to cover an issue. The tweet did mention 'our' cover girl. Magdalena covered the Fashion's Night Out supplement for the September issue. But I don't think that warrants as being an actual cover model.

Emmanuelle has proved unpredictable with most of her cover subjects. Sasha Pivovarova was an unexpected surprise back in October 2010. Who knows..

13-10-2012
V.I.P.

Yes, but Magdalena isn't as far as successful as those "unpredictable" models, that's why I doubt it. Because honestly, Alt just likes the successful models.

13-10-2012
V.I.P.

Emmanuelle has been using a few new models in Vogue Paris, such as, Janice Alida and Kristina Salinovic. But as far as covers go, I do agree that Emmanuelle prefers to choose a safe contender. This is all just speculation. Anyway, I'm on Team Natasha, and I wanna root for her cover under Alt.

13-10-2012
V.I.P.

I think Iselin and Raquel also deserve a cover after being an Alt favourite for so many years now.
I just don't want to see Lara, Kate, Daria Werbowy or Gisele for a while anymore.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#9, cover, rumor, thread