How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

08-09-2012
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by VogueDisciple93 View Post
The looks in the shot of Cora, Kati, and Magda are some of the ugliest I've seen all year.
I see it oppositely, their styles are one genius take to be honest. like how did Carine ever come up with an idea to take the big headband in the middle? if one thing that's not quite right, the Louis Vuitton top looks a little bit sloppy. I would choose something lighter.

08-09-2012
fashion elite

Oh no. Weber was a bad choice to shoot Kate. His style is too soft for her features. She needs someone with a sharper aesthetic to make her features pop. I was hoping Carine would have had her shot and styled in a very dark, vampish fashion. Something that would silence most of the naysayers. US Vogue did a better job with her imo.

you soft and only

^ Disagree. Weber's photography really suits Kate. He's managed to bring out her humanity, instead of her being a pair of tits with a head.

I guess it's not "high fashion" enough, but I think she really works well here.

09-09-2012
V.I.P.

the magazine in real life

[zimbio.com]

V.I.P.

Quand Les Femmes
Linda Evangelista, Stephanie Seymour & Carolyn Murphy by Karl Lagerfeld

fashionscansremastered

V.I.P.

SO far I'm feeling like a 18yrs old person who thought he/she would get a car as birthday gift, but got a computer instead ....

09-09-2012
V.I.P.

^I feel like I got socks tbh. Everything I've seen so far looks terribly underwhelming.

backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueorchid View Post
^ Disagree. Weber's photography really suits Kate. He's managed to bring out her humanity, instead of her being a pair of tits with a head.

I guess it's not "high fashion" enough, but I think she really works well here.
Agree

fashion insider

I've never been too big of a Carine fan and I kind of think VP improved after she left. But I do think that this fashion book is better than the work she did at VP. I don't like the cover much, but I think the first two editorials posted are great. I don't like everything about the issue, but I think it's pretty good overall.

I think some people had their expectations set too high. It got a lot of hype, but the fashion industry is good at that. It wasn't going to be completely unlike anything we've seen before, because we've seen Carine's work in the fashion industry for years.

V.I.P.

guys, i suppose that it`s a reasoble question: am i right what this issue 0 preview which comes as a supplement to the pevious V 78 isn`t included in the magazine? http://forums.thefashionspot.com/sho...&postcount=286

so no faena, no patti by weber...

don't look down

In terms of a new magazine, I feel there's something missing that needs to be in place before the printed content of CR turns into something properly compelling.

I certainly wouldn't blame it on restrictions, because I believe that people turn out their best work under such conditions - their talent becomes energised as it has to keep finding new ways to express itself, despite the barriers in its way. Carine's talents should be more than equal to any restrictions she's currently having to work within.

But of what I've seen so far, there's nothing that exceptional that it would warrant exclusive production on special paper at a raised price, and I'm not here to underwrite the continued presence of Carine's name in the world of magazines just because she did a great job at Vogue Paris.

I do appreciate that if she left it too long to produce a publication, she might have lost momentum. But a half-hearted vision of fashion with her initials slapped all over it feels like a sign that this magazine is definitely a work in progress, and nowhere near ready to truly astonish anyone.

I get the feeling that the great issue will be somewhere down the line - when she gets that missing element in place, puts that missing person on her team, or finds that missing reason for doing any of this in the first place. Those pages need to burn with purpose, they need to be alive.

09-09-2012
etre soi-meme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melancholybaby View Post
^I feel like I got socks tbh. Everything I've seen so far looks terribly underwhelming.
you said it, socks it is

10-09-2012
V.I.P.

guys, anyone knows where in NYC can i buy it? will barnes carrying it since 13th? maybe it`s already on newsstands

V.I.P.

If the first issue is good....everything else will fall into place. So far I like it!

10-09-2012
V.I.P.

ASF, I haven't seen it yet ... But been busy lately. I guess since its FW right now it may be on new stands... I'll check tomorrow ... Unless somebody gives you a reply before.

"socks" ahhahah ... Indeed !

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, audrey, book, bruce, cr, fashion, harrelson, kate, upton, weber