How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

21-09-2012
trendsetter

... I've yet to see a single photo that strikes me.

21-09-2012
V.I.P.

the quality of paper sucks. it makes bright and coloriful images look paler and vague. glanced paper would suit way better (it makes photos look juicy and coloriful), but it costs cheper and weights less so i guess that`s the reason they ve chosen this one...

windowshopping

I really like the look of this.. Carine is a fantastic editor and will do well with this magazine, I think

21-09-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by testinofan View Post
That price is the magazine in USA?
The magazine costs $15 in USA ...
What is fun (I took the subscription card off the magazine, without buying it ... ) is that it's said "this offer expires March 30,2012 - and the magazine was launched on Sept, 15th or later ... "for more information go on crfashionbook.com"

The subscription costs $30 for 2 issues shipped in the USA, US$ 30 for Canada, and Digital only $10 ... They don't talk about shipping for digital editions, it would be completely ridiculous ...

21-09-2012
V.I.P.

they actually did in the past you can read it onto the thread dedicated to yet unrealised discussion cr fashion book. even for usa
i subscribed on v like this for 7 usd online- i didnt get anything even a reply on my demand. maybe you will be more lucky than me

███████████████

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerlinRocks View Post
The magazine costs $15 in USA ...
What is fun (I took the subscription card off the magazine, without buying it ... ) is that it's said "this offer expires March 30,2012 - and the magazine was launched on Sept, 15th or later ... "for more information go on crfashionbook.com"

The subscription costs $30 for 2 issues shipped in the USA, US$ 30 for Canada, and Digital only $10 ... They don't talk about shipping for digital editions, it would be completely ridiculous ...
thanksss

23-09-2012
.my prison is your brain.

Quote:
Rodarte’s F/W 2012 Coats and Belts featured in the latest issue of CR Fashion Book, styled by Carine Roitfeld.

tumblr/officialrodarte

23-09-2012
V.I.P.

sorry for being so ignorant, but who's Audrey Harrelson?

23-09-2012
trendsetter

Does anyone in London have this and know the price of it? TIA.

23-09-2012
Some Like It Hot

^£14.99 and I know online it's available at Magazine Shack, me and my best friend have both ordered it with them.

V.I.P.

I think it's a bit ad-heavy and very low on original content...it's almost like a catalog. You can pretty much get it anywhere though, so that's a plus.

It's much more mainstream than anything she did at Vogue Paris, which is funny because Conde really fired her due to her refusal to go mainstream. And then she goes and does it with this.

24-09-2012
V.I.P.

^ * perhaps that's her strategy in order to be so easily available and she'll eventually inject her "risky" taste?, or maybe she won't in order to keep that accessibility and stick around..

I saw it yesterday and was also surprised by the amount of ads, I somehow had this idea that it was going to look truly collectable, or exclusive, I don't know.. it looks like any other magazine except it's split sideways and it has the texture of Encens, except Encens does go straight into the 'treasures' area of my bookshelf.

I also thought, judging by the previews, that the stories would all be gimmicky and some look actually good, a bit reminiscent of Pop under Dasha to me.. I guess I didn't buy it because I know I'll be over it in a day or two, it doesn't feel strong enough to hold my attention, but I have a feeling it will get better in the next issues.

Last edited by MulletProof; 24-09-2012 at 12:44 PM.
25-09-2012
backstage pass

The concept of Linda, Stephanie, and Carolyn 'as so-and-so' is amazing but what a disappointing editorial.

25-09-2012
V.I.P.

nobody? does somebody know who's that child? Carine's granddaughter or what?

25-09-2012
fashion elite

Horrid in person. Just blah and boring. Not to mention the cover is underwhelming, but so is the darn book sorry I wasted my money. I do like Linda's ed that is all.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, audrey, book, bruce, cr, fashion, harrelson, kate, upton, weber