How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

10-06-2011
V.I.P.

Fantastic!!!!! the ed is AMAZING!

10-06-2011
Hell on Heels

just got my digital copy. there's an amazing ed by Viviane Sassen and styled by Katie Shillingford that I'll post later when I come back home

10-06-2011
windowshopping

The photograph is Sharif Hamza (and the styling seems to be Karen Langley? though the photog is confirmed on the D&C website but not the stylist).

10-06-2011
V.I.P.

One of the best and most exciting covers and eds that I have seen in a while, major kudos to the photographer, stylist, set / prop person and model! My only nitpicks are a little too much open mouth and I wish that they would have come up with another prop for Beyonce to hold in her hand.

10-06-2011
backstage pass

I must be the only one that hates this: The styling, the photography, the concept of OTT-high fashion contrasted by a trailer park setting is so tiresome.

Beyonce is a very pretty woman, but she always comes across as a cartoon, a caricature of herself in these editorials. It would be great if D&C could show another side of her besides the samo samo tarty Beyonce. And as markese91 pointed out: It's very House of Dereon. Actually, now that I think about it, everything Beyonce wears-- not matter the designer, becomes very much like House of Dereon...

10-06-2011
V.I.P.

I've seen a few pictures of this Givenchy collection and it photographs very well and there's no exception here, i really like the cover. Can't really say the same for the editorial though..

10-06-2011
Hell on Heels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phuel View Post
I must be the only one that hates this: The styling, the photography, the concept of OTT-high fashion contrasted by a trailer park setting is so tiresome.

Beyonce is a very pretty woman, but she always comes across as a cartoon, a caricature of herself in these editorials. It would be great if D&C could show another side of her besides the samo samo tarty Beyonce. And as markese91 pointed out: It's very House of Dereon. Actually, now that I think about it, everything Beyonce wears-- not matter the designer, becomes very much like House of Dereon...
thanks for this, i was wondering if i was the only one who didn't like the concept and styling of the ed at all.

10-06-2011
backstage pass

Now woah woah woah phuel. Are you saying that Givenchy looks even REMOTELY like House of Dereon? If so.. I'm going to need you to introduce me to the Dereon you've been looking like!

10-06-2011
V.I.P.

There seem to always be people jumping at the chance to call Beyonce 'cheap' whenever possible. Whatever, clearly it's not 100% in her hands to control the vision of a shoot like this, that is up to Sharif and Karen.

Anywhoo the ed by Vivienne Sassen has Lisanne De Jong. She's in a field, doing lots of jumpy poses (which cover up her face...). Very colourful.

There's an ed by Hedi Slimane with male models, typical ugly B&W thing from him. A short editorial with Colinne Michaels and some male model.

Pretty boring issue but July is always thin.

10-06-2011
ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

I love this!!

11-06-2011
V.I.P.

I´m not sure about this in context with Dazed and Confused esthetic, but generally I like cover and photos. It´s Beyonce at her best....

11-06-2011
V.I.P.

Apparently they saved the only good image for the cover, which is nicely done I must say. But the editorial on the other hand is just horrendous for me. That concept is beyond overdone. It's very 2004.

V.I.P.

Don't really like the cover. It's dull, but the editorial is fantastic!

11-06-2011
fashion icon

I love Beyonce's ed she is so fierce!!!

11-06-2011
V.I.P.

Wow that's one great cover. So colorful and I love the styling. The editorial blew me away too.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2011, beyonce, confused, dazed, hamza, july, sharif