How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

15-08-2012
MON
V.I.P.

This has got to be their worst cover to date!

15-08-2012
V.I.P.

I love it!

fashion insider

This is the banned cover? This? It's not even as though she's feigning fellatio or being overtly vulgar. She's blowing up/smoking a condom. Considering her music, I expected something a lot more racy. I'm almost disappointed. Heaven forbid poor, impressionable, defenceless children know what a prophylactic looks like.

15-08-2012
front row

Tasteless, Poorly thought out and Poorly executed. I'm not surprised

V.I.P.

Was really looking forward to seeing this issue's cover sensation, but what a let down. Nothing sensational about this, just another desperate attempt to grab attention. Azealia does actually look really good here (I wouldn't have mind seeing the last photo as the cover) but this cover tactic just turned out tacky and not hype worthy.

fashion insider

Everything was nice up until she starting inflating a condom, I would have rather her eat a hamburger or something...Or I guess that would follow too closely to Beyonce's cover from last year?

Dazed & Confused is officially a rapper/gangster/pop magazine, there is nothing interesting about the fashion editorials they produce in these trashy magazines. And I have nothing against the cover stars it's just there are more ways to make a person look interesting without them blowing into a condom.

front row

I can't believe this got banned in 7 countries. Please, Britney Spears magazine covers have been more controversial than this.

15-08-2012
girl who fell to earth

i don't think the fact that she's blowing up the condom is what's so bad...
if it was overinflated that would be one thing, but the size of the condom and the way she's holding it up to her mouth (while simultaneously essentially throwing up her middle finger) is so incredibly phallic, the intention was clearly to simulate oral sex.

Once I saw the image I immediately thought, ok, I see why they banned it.

That doesn't mean that we, who see so many provocative fashion images, should be or will be shocked by it, but I can see why it wouldn't be prominently displayed on a newsstand. I know I personally would do a double take if I saw it in stores.

15-08-2012
fashion icon

That don't impress me much..

15-08-2012
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarMe View Post
This is the banned cover? This? It's not even as though she's feigning fellatio or being overtly vulgar. She's blowing up/smoking a condom. Considering her music, I expected something a lot more racy. I'm almost disappointed. Heaven forbid poor, impressionable, defenceless children know what a prophylactic looks like.
Hands down, my thoughts exactly.
It's quite funny to me to read about impressionable kids being imperilled with such images. Seriously? Nowadays? With all that's going on all over tv and internet? It's just a condom, people. They are available everywhere (maybe not in Vatican, although they're surely much needed there ).

15-08-2012
V.I.P.

a bit much, but then again, they will do anything to sell more.

V.I.P.

I don't get the tacky comments at all. Azealia's music and personality have always been racy and provocative, the cover is nothing utterly shocking. She looks smokin' hot.

fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelton123 View Post
"Young impressionable girls/boys" probably don't even know what a condom is, and it's really not like newsstands are everywhere and it's not like this photo will be plastered everywhere so chances are no one will even notice it if you're not trying to look for it.

The slut shaming on this thread is just horrible too but I won't go into that. I really don't understand how it's tacky for a woman to blow up a condom honestly.
Are you kidding me?. Young boys and girls know what condoms look like if their parents educated them rightfully at a normal age, at 6-7 when they go to school they know how to identify a girl and a boy genital parts come on... The magazines are everywhere so the photo will be there too and perhaps printed in a larger version in some newstands.

backstage pass

I like her hair......and thats it! But i am excited for the interview&content

fashion elite

I love Azealia, she is amazing singer and person, but this cover.. It's something strange..

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, azealia, banks, confused, dazed, hamza, september, sharif