Dazed Winter 2017 : Rihanna by Harley Weir - Page 3 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

2 Weeks Ago
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola701 View Post
Even over Tracee Ellis Ross? Chanel needs to sign her a contract already and we we'll see her everywhere!
I've noticed all the Chanel she's been wearing and have all my fingers and toes crossed.

I prefer these covers to Vogue Paris by a country mile.

fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benn98 View Post
Ugh, don't start me on this Lola! Lol. The woman is the perfect for Chanel. Plus Tracee actually comes across as intellectual, cultured, and well read. She won't be playing the fashion game like the rest. Lets leave the blue chips to the money hungry hussies who prostitute their craft (I'm being liberal here) to the highest bidder.

It's interesting that despite with all this aggressive hustling Rihanna still clocked in as only the 7th top earning female performer. Not only overtaken by the invincible trio (Adele, Beyonce, Taylor), but also by Dolly Parton and Celine Dion.
Seriously, i don't know what they are waiting for. She i funny, intelligent, she has a terrific style, she has that glamorous DNA (we know Karl love it) and she is an actress (they are usually more into actresses). Maybe she needs something bigger than Black-ish...

I can totally see her being an Ambassadress, being a bag campaign woman and even being the face of N°5 or Allure. She can totally revamp the image of those two perfumes.

I had my list of Black women that i wanted to see being the face of fashion brands: Kelis, Erykah Badu and Tracee.
Unfortunately the love story between Kelis and Nicolas Ghesquiere at Balenciaga didn't last, Erykah Badu managed to be the face of a Tom Ford perfume and Givenchy. Now, i'm ready for Tracee to takeover!

2 Weeks Ago
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola701 View Post
Seriously, i don't know what they are waiting for. She i funny, intelligent, she has a terrific style, she has that glamorous DNA (we know Karl love it) and she is an actress (they are usually more into actresses). Maybe she needs something bigger than Black-ish...

I can totally see her being an Ambassadress, being a bag campaign woman and even being the face of N°5 or Allure. She can totally revamp the image of those two perfumes.

I had my list of Black women that i wanted to see being the face of fashion brands: Kelis, Erykah Badu and Tracee.
Unfortunately the love story between Kelis and Nicolas Ghesquiere at Balenciaga didn't last, Erykah Badu managed to be the face of a Tom Ford perfume and Givenchy. Now, i'm ready for Tracee to takeover!
Hhhmm...now you made me think. It's actually not that uncommon for black female pop stars/rappers to pair up with brands. I'm obsessed with Kelis! Fashion's biggest remiss was not backing her around the Kaleidoscope era. I wanted her to partner up with Galliano so bad back then, but he was all over Foxy Brown like a rash. Anyway, Kelis is also a great and passionate cook. She toured the UK with her pop up restaurant concept last year, but I was away then.

I read somewhere that Chanel isn't all that keen on American actresses for their campaigns, to my knowledge we've only seen Blake, Kristen and Willow (Nicole Kidman is Australian.) But yes, the time is ripe for Tracee. I expect we'll see her soon. Karl managed to give Tilda a campaign, so why not her. She could even work for Chanel's beauty range as well.

1 Week Ago
backstage pass

Pearly Dew Drops
Photographer: Hanna Moon
Stylist: Emma Wyman
Hair: Gary Gill
Make-up: Thomas de Kluyver
Model: Stella Lucia

streeters

6 Days Ago
No One Does It Like You.

Having multiple covers done by the same photographer in the same style makes no sense to me at all. Not even Rihanna saves this.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2017, dazed, harley, rihanna, weir, winter