How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
06-05-2012
  706
V.I.P.
 
visualoptimism's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: wonderland
Gender: femme
Posts: 7,333
elle france nį 3462 10th may 2012
on the road
model: anais pouliot
photographer: jenny gage and tom betterton
stylist: jeanne le bault
make-up: sergio corvacho
hair: john ruidant






__________________
my blog
 
 
06-05-2012
  707
V.I.P.
 
visualoptimism's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: wonderland
Gender: femme
Posts: 7,333
cont...




__________________
my blog
 
06-05-2012
  708
V.I.P.
 
visualoptimism's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: wonderland
Gender: femme
Posts: 7,333
cont...



ebook3000

__________________
my blog
 
06-05-2012
  709
fashion icon
 
Srdjan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Belgrade
Gender: homme
Posts: 3,113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aby View Post
^thanks! I can't stand French Elle, even revamped, but let's give credit where it's due, it's indeed the original version.
I know it is the original ELLE (wow, read it's name), and that's why it's a shame it is much worse than other editions.

 
06-05-2012
  710
fashion icon
 
Srdjan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Belgrade
Gender: homme
Posts: 3,113
Quote:
Originally Posted by MON View Post
What happened to French Elle? Will they be monthly now?
Won't be monthly, as it seems - it is written 4.mai - so I guess it's still a weekly

 
06-05-2012
  711
V.I.P.
 
GlamorousBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Slovakia
Gender: homme
Posts: 3,728
ELLE Czech June 2012: Michaela Kocianova

Better and bigger image later.



source: hf.cz

__________________
Fashion-Magazines-Perfumes-Books
 
06-05-2012
  712
you soft and only
 
blueorchid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Canada
Gender: femme
Posts: 4,541
Quote:
Originally Posted by Srdjan View Post
I know it is the original ELLE (wow, read it's name), and that's why it's a shame it is much worse than other editions.
But is it really "worse" or does it just have a different goal/purpose? I think it has to be acknowledged that it's a weekly women's lifestyle magazine and not some high fashion magazine. It has it's place.

 
07-05-2012
  713
V.I.P.
 
Psylocke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Gender: femme
Posts: 10,933
Yeah, what's so bad about Elle France? Considering it's a weekly magazine I find the main editorial to be consistently good and I find myself enjoying it most of the time. And the articles aren't bad either, even if the focus is indeed more on beauty and other issues rather than fashion.

 
07-05-2012
  714
fashion icon
 
Srdjan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Belgrade
Gender: homme
Posts: 3,113
That's exactly what I don't like about them. Everywhere else, it's a poshy monthly glossy, and Elle FR is different than that. It's goes in the range of Gioia, Be, Grazia; instead of Elle, Vogue, Harper's Bazaar etc. IMO

 
07-05-2012
  715
fashion icon
 
Srdjan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Belgrade
Gender: homme
Posts: 3,113
Elle India May 2012 - Nagris Fakhri

(facebook.com/elleindia)

 
07-05-2012
  716
don't look down
 
tigerrouge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Bťal Feirste
Gender: femme
Posts: 11,818
For people who clamour for models on covers, French Elle provides them, without having to worry as much about the appeal of an unknown face, because they are there for a week, rather than having to power sales for a month.
Posted via Mobile Device

 
07-05-2012
  717
you soft and only
 
blueorchid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Canada
Gender: femme
Posts: 4,541
Quote:
Originally Posted by Srdjan View Post
That's exactly what I don't like about them. Everywhere else, it's a poshy monthly glossy, and Elle FR is different than that. It's goes in the range of Gioia, Be, Grazia; instead of Elle, Vogue, Harper's Bazaar etc. IMO

"Posh" isn't really one of the words I associate with the Elle "brand," tbh.

 
07-05-2012
  718
V.I.P.
 
mikel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Gender: homme
Posts: 23,139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psylocke View Post
Yeah, what's so bad about Elle France? Considering it's a weekly magazine I find the main editorial to be consistently good and I find myself enjoying it most of the time. And the articles aren't bad either, even if the focus is indeed more on beauty and other issues rather than fashion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueorchid View Post
But is it really "worse" or does it just have a different goal/purpose? I think it has to be acknowledged that it's a weekly women's lifestyle magazine and not some high fashion magazine. It has it's place.

Amen!!!

__________________
If anyone is interested in my random 'visual musings': follow me on instagram:
http://instagram.com/mikeljf
 
08-05-2012
  719
V.I.P.
 
tentalicious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Italia
Gender: homme
Posts: 6,507
Elle Canada June 2012

[facebook/p1m]

__________________
 
08-05-2012
  720
V.I.P.
 
tentalicious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Italia
Gender: homme
Posts: 6,507
Elle Polska June 2012

[facebook/elle polska]

__________________
 
Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#4, elle, worldwide
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"


 
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:04 AM.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
TheFashionSpot.com is a property of TotallyHer Media, LLC, an Evolve Media LLC company. ©2014 All rights reserved.