How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

09-06-2004
Stitch:the Hand

Quote:
Originally posted by softgrey@Jun 8th, 2004 - 10:41 pm
scott...you'll have to do another shoot in the forest then...won't you...

i did one ages ago at a seminary in the country...the location was amazing...but everything else pretty much sucked...hahaha...that shoot still haunts me...i really want to do it over...it was very medieval...huge velvet beret...big full skirts..walking stick...basket...etc...

i can so relate to being inspired by music...music inspires me a lot as well... it's always easier to work with a photographer who likes the same kind of music as me...cause then i know he'll get my story ideas more...

*not finding much green for fall...will probably have to use resort...but i haven't seen all of it...so i'm working blind...

may have to put this idea aside for now and work on something else...it will come when it's ready...

Main reason was because it was the first time and the fact I had done the shooting...and I knew nothing about the technical side of photography.....points of light,being up-close to your subject blah blah blah. I know now,so yes,I will be doing something like that again!

09-06-2004
flaunt the imperfection

fear of flying...

faust actually saw these contact sheets...(pre-edited film)

outerwear story...
shot on the street...
grainy black and white

coats/capes...lots of movement...wind...jumping/flying motion...hair blowing everywhere
model leaping across the frame...looks as though she is being chased ...coat and long skirts flying in the air...very elegant graphic shapes against a gritty street...

opening shot...vintage boys school blazer which i opened up in the back seams and tattered at the edges...then inserted a small pair of white feather wings which i tea-stained and burned at the edges...(fallen angel)...model is running away...looking over her shoulder...

FEAR OF FLYING>>>

09-06-2004
yes

i would have an editorial of bruno santos as a caveman.......climbing up trees and dumb things like that...not for any particular purpose.....but just so we can see his fit bod

09-06-2004
Stitch:the Hand

Soft,I thought of another I would love to conquer-its been reeling in my head all day!

"Midwich Cuckoos" by way of Hitchcock in feel.

Models/Presentation: Childish yet very blank in terms of expression and demeanor.

Styling: The clothes will also fit the mood-sweet,innocent dresses( la Cosmic Wonder/Rzepski)lots of schoolgirl tailoring-pleats,blazers etc.

Hair and make-up: Not sure about this?

Scene: In the middle of field-very still and calm.

09-06-2004
flaunt the imperfection

Quote:
Originally posted by Scott@Jun 9th, 2004 - 7:33 pm
Soft,I thought of another I would love to conquer-its been reeling in my head all day!

"Midwich Cuckoos" by way of Hitchcock in feel.

Models/Presentation: Childish yet very blank in terms of expression and demeanor.

Styling: The clothes will also fit the mood-sweet,innocent dresses( la Cosmic Wonder/Rzepski)lots of schoolgirl tailoring-pleats,blazers etc.

Hair and make-up: Not sure about this?

Scene: In the middle of field-very still and calm.
scott...i'm getting a picture...

school girl?...so...short skirts?...what about accessories...?

what does the title refer to?...midwich cuckoos?...i love the sound of hitchcocok...

is it colour or black and white?...

09-06-2004
chaos reigns

Here there are some ideas:
*Color essay ... 7 pictures with EVERYTHING on one color (green/blue/red ..) .. I think some shots of models doing house chores would suffice (ideal photographer=LaChapelle)
*Don Quixote ...with girls!!! Doa Quijote rescuing Dulcineo ... I'd love to see that ...somehow I think Gaultier would fit!
*Have you seen that (in)famous painting from Fragonard? (the one with the girl in the swing and the guy hiding on the bushes?) What about having the same setting on different time periods?
*Underwater ... the models float looking to the bottom of a pool ..the photographer shots them with all the sunlight filtrating right behind the models ... another option is a tale of two creatures ... models floating at night looking to the sky ... with the moon as only light ... and then models in the sky, looking below ... a desert setting souds perfect
*Models coming out of ads .... have you seen Placebo's video for "This picture" with this fictious clothing label on ads across the city and models stepping out of them and walking like real people (from 2D to 3D!) ... that'll be cool.
*The some calm romantic shot ... women on extremely old monasteries! Like ruins ..with vines and stuff ... the trick is that there's gonna be hunted by these sexy temptresses on tight-tight outfits trying to get the men and the romatic girls protecting them.
*Homeless ... think really poor people in extremely poor houses and models wearing the most luxurious clothing serving their food (think ... "The potatoe eaters" by Van gogh)
More to come later...

flaunt the imperfection

damn blumarine...you go!...

i don quixote...to dream the impossible dream..etc etc...

i also really like the temptress of the forest idea...very dark and beautiful....

09-06-2004
chaos reigns

Ahhh ... tks, softie!
You make me feel better about my quixotesque idea of becoming an editor!

flaunt the imperfection

Quote:
Originally posted by blumarine@Jun 9th, 2004 - 11:42 pm
Ahhh ... tks, softie!
You make me feel better about my quixotesque idea of becoming an editor!
i sing that damn song to myself regularly...it is that much of a struggle...hahaha... ...
but i have these pictures in my head that won't go away until i do them...

so i guess i'm stuck...

go for it if you feel that way ...

09-06-2004
V.I.P.

I LOVE THIS ARTIST

i would love to do a fashion equivilence to these pictures, or more her style

09-06-2004
V.I.P.

here are some more of her photographs

10-06-2004
flaunt the imperfection

SANDY SKOKLUND!!!...how bizarre...she's an installation artist...

one of my professors at FIT took us to one of her exhibits...it was the pink room full of blue squirrels...
the last one you posted wyatt...each show is a different installation...i don't really know anyone else who knows her work...it's pretty freaky...all the squirrels were cast of metal and then painted blue...and then she'll have real people in the scenario...very surreal...

i'm in

cool...

10-06-2004
V.I.P.

ahh she's sooo awesome

10-06-2004
V.I.P.

i don't know, but i've been wanting to do a rock and roll (i guess) haute couture kind of story for a while. if only i were a stylist

i NEED TO use this ungaro haute couture dress in a hommage to madonna's "like a virgin" days... it is so fitting. but it would need to be shortened......
.....not like i have any qualms about taking a pair of scissors to the $100,000 haute couture gown though.

i'm invisioning it worn with a dior "hardcore" chain belt and white pumps with white armpit-length lace gloves, white fishnets, and tons of bracelets on both arms (white rubber bangles, diamonds, pearls and chains of all sizes)...and tons of pearl and diamond and cross necklaces with tons of earrings and giant hair of course.

*whew!*

;D

10-06-2004
flaunt the imperfection

Quote:
Originally posted by brian@Jun 10th, 2004 - 12:23 am
i don't know, but i've been wanting to do a rock and roll (i guess) haute couture kind of story for a while. if only i were a stylist

i NEED TO use this ungaro haute couture dress in a hommage to madonna's "like a virgin" days... it is so fitting. but it would need to be shortened......
.....not like i have any qualms about taking a pair of scissors to the $100,000 haute couture gown though.

i'm invisioning it worn with a dior "hardcore" chain belt and white pumps with white armpit-length lace gloves, white fishnets, and tons of bracelets on both arms (white rubber bangles, diamonds, pearls and chains of all sizes)...and tons of pearl and diamond and cross necklaces with tons of earrings and giant hair of course.

*whew!*

HA!...someone should style britney like that...you should call her brian...

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
fashion, ideas, story