How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

29-08-2012
Hell on Heels

Garage #3 F/W 12.13 : Lindsey Wixson by Nick Knight

Show Studio's facebook page

Quote:
Styled by Katy England , words by Perez Hilton.
Hair by Sam McKnight make up Petros Petrohilos.

Perez Hilton, really?

29-08-2012
fashion elite

no, no and NO!
Very bad and its a shame Nick is involved in this.
I actualy like the idea but they tried to make it look cheesy but it did not work.

29-08-2012
V.I.P.

I like this a lot.
at least much better than the last issue.
can't wait for the content.

fashion insider

Uhm, Yes.

Lol, this is amazing.

tfs star

LOL
Nothing more to add, this isn't fashion & looks like Marvel...

V.I.P.

I love how artsy it is, this is not a fashion magazine anyway.

29-08-2012

It's supposed to be more of an art/culture magazine, but really, it does have a bent on fashion. It's an interesting concept for a magazine, and I quite like the cover.

trendsetter

actually the best thing i've seen in ages! soo good!!

29-08-2012
V.I.P.

i love this magazine but not this cover.. its too...strange

V.I.P.

Awesome cover The concept is great and all components work so well together. I love the styling, the text, the masthead and all the effects. This is fantastic, very creative and different. Also, Lindsey is a great choice for this and from what I can tell the red hair looks really nice on her, haha. Very cool. I would definitely get this if it was easily available here.

29-08-2012
backstage pass

absolutely love this concept/cover and how its turned out, it has so much humour, but it still has a good fashion quality to it. I watched the live stream for this particular shoot and and i really loved it, so i can wait to get my hands on this.

V.I.P.

second one

Quote:
When Dasha Zhukova released her debut issue of Garage magazine during fashion week last September, The New York Times called it “one of the most intriguing magazines to come along in years.” To jog your memory, recall that cover (there were three different ones) lensed by Hedi Slimane, featuring the lower half of a nude model with a peel-off Damien Hirst sticker on her crotch. One year later, she’s got issue number three ready to hit newsstands September 10. The theme, it would appear, is a little less provocative: time.

“Our themes in the past were not risqué just for the sake of it—it was more that we focused on subject matter that we thought resonated,” she tells Style.com. “We decided to focus on ‘time’ as our theme as it seems to be the one thing that everyone is either trying to buy more of or rush their way through with the increasing presence of technology in our everyday lives. From our obsession with defying the effects of aging to the stress of deadlines that loom in our careers to things as seemingly trivial as arriving ‘fashionably late,’ time touches all aspects of our lives.”

Zhukova brought on the likes of photographers Nick Knight and Juergen Teller to interpret time for the five different covers, all linked to an editorial inside the issue. Knight did a Lichtenstein-inspired shoot with Lindsey Wixson, with text captions by Perez Hilton. “Nick Knight’s shoot and collaboration with Perez takes traditional pop art to the contemporary extreme. It takes an aesthetic that feels almost classical to today’s generation and frames it timelessly with the use of today’s digital shorthand,” she explains. Teller, for his part, photographed the oldest tree in the world with Spanish actress Rossy de Palma as his model. The other three covers include works by artists Michael Elmgreen and Ingar Dragset, John Currin, and a limited-edition vinyl record with a conversation between Marc Jacobs and Currin. Here, Style.com has an exclusive first look at the Knight (pictured, above) and the Teller (pictured, below) covers. —Kristin Studeman

Photos: Courtesy of Garage
style.com

Hell on Heels

Ohh i love the second cover aswell.

I love this magazine, it has some of the most interesting contents / layouts / collaborations around lately. But im still upset about perez hilton. I understand what they're saying about taking pop to the extreme, but when you overdo pop it goes directly to trash. and not campy trash, only trash. (still, i think he only did the captions on the cover so im just making a way too big deal of this)

29-08-2012
ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

love it!! she suits the theme plus there is still a fashion vibe here

Last edited by Urban Stylin; 29-08-2012 at 04:31 PM.
29-08-2012
V.I.P.

Intrigued to see the contents to say at least. Hopefully, I'll be able to get Teller's cover. His work is so rare nowadays, I have to cherish every ed he shoots.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#3, 1213, f or w, garage, knight, lindsey, nick, wixson