The Gentlewoman F/W 12.13 : Angela Lansbury by Terry Richardson - Page 3 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

14-09-2012
fashion icon

It looks like it'll be another great issue from The Gentlewomen. But I am a bit disappointed that they had Terry shoot the cover, he's just awful, and for those in the know they will realize who's glasses they are and the sort of connotations that go along with them. So I'd say that sort of thing does matter, even if some don't think so.

boop

This is easily my favorite magazine cover of the month. Love that they chose (as always) a woman of substance - I hope there is a nice long interview with Angela! She's really one of those celebrities who I think everyone loves.

don't look down

When Terry shoots someone really famous or respected, I like to imagine him asking them to do the sort of things he seems to try to get some models to do... because he wouldn't dare.

But just imagine Angela Lansbury doing a Terry Richardson shoot.

Hell on Heels

This is not the first time Terry has collaborated with the mag, i don't understand why everyone is so surprised. And as much as we can hate on him, this cover works great. It's one of the best covers i've seen lately and to me it works cause of the clash between terry's ''style'' and the fact that's angela lansbury in it. I really can't hate on anything about it.

14-09-2012
everything sucks!

I don't think anyone is surprised, just disappointed with their use of him - whether they object to the Terry glasses and/or Terry himself. The Gentlewoman is a fairly intellectual magazine with a lot of articles regarding women and our place and roles in the world. It's hard for me to see them use Terry Richardson, who is the antithesis of the magazine's identity.

15-09-2012
Hell on Heels

^yes, i know and that's why i've always found rather strange that they use terry,
but my point was more regarding those who say 'great cover, too bad it's from terry'. the outcome would've been different if someone else had done it. it just doesnt make much sense to me

15-09-2012
backstage pass

Is this in the shops yet?

18-09-2012
backstage pass

It's genuinely impossible to resist this magazine, everything inside great as ever according by the previews!
I don't even mind the Terry glasses on Angela, she's sporting them just right, sort of in a humorous and playful manner, love it.

18-09-2012
No One Does It Like You.

^ isn't it funny? both the fantastic man and the gentlewoman are just too good to be true, almost like the only magazines worth buying over the year.

V.I.P.

^I completely agree with you...

18-09-2012
trendsetter

^ Yep me too

18-09-2012
V.I.P.

Edie Campell photographed by Daniel Riera and styled by Jodie Barnes

facebook /viva model management

18-09-2012
fashion insider

^
The styling is good i'm just a little bit unethusiastic about the shots....it doesn't scream The Gentlewoman to me really, as previous editorials prove to be.

backstage pass

Oh, I quite like this, from the concept, styling, photography... Gah, only I'm as always hard to please when it comes to choice in model(s)...
Anyway, already reminds me of the one with Eniko and Tanga, it's like something in between, therefore I don't think it's anything unusual from other outdoorsy eds thay did so far.

21-09-2012
Mag Master

Hannelore Knuts by Liz Collins

*dandvmanagement.blogspot.co.uk

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
1213, angela, f or w, gentlewoman, lansbury, richardson, terry