How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

13-09-2013
Mr. Zhivago

The Gentlewoman F/W 13.14 : Lea Seydoux by Zoe Ghertner

Quote:
The divine French actress Léa Seydoux is the face of The Gentlewoman’s eighth issue for autumn and winter 2013. Inside, the 28-year-old star of this year’s Palme d’Or-winning Blue Is the Warmest Colour discusses how she managed to cross the famously impervious Euro-Hollywood divide. Léa appears alongside 24 other wonderful women: phenomenal businesswoman Martha Stewart; accessories design genius Katie Hillier; fashion’s greatest dancer Pat Cleveland; the exceptional portrait painter Elizabeth Peyton and phenomenal models Hilary Rhoda and Stella Tennant are just six of them. This edition of the magazine also proffers a variety of personal style uniforms for autumn – from strict skirt-sweater options to one-dress-suits-all solutions. Meanwhile, the current state of the Scottish textile industry and the politics of peeing in public are examined in fascinating essays. All in, it’s a substantial, grown-up issue with intriguing images and frank opinions on every one of its 304 pages.
TheGentlewoman.co.uk

Last edited by t-rex; 13-09-2013 at 01:46 AM.

13-09-2013
Mr. Zhivago

Previews

TheGentlewoman

13-09-2013
Mr. Zhivago

TheGentlewoman

13-09-2013
Ère de ℳodernité

Look who it is... I hope Wolkfolk sees this thread asap

While I'm getting sick of seeing Léa everywhere, that's a gorgeous cover (and I love that they chose to make the magazine black this season).

Every single preview looks absolutely beautiful, proving that The Gentlewoman is, once again, above every other womens magazines. I cannot wait to flick through it, and actually read their great articles!

front row

Jeez Léa is literally everywhere, but I can't complain when she looks this gorgeous.

windowshopping

I always look forward to seeing this publication, love the simplicity of their editorials.

It's Just a Ride

This is her moment, maybe she will never be on this amount of magazines again at the same time, and I'm glad people begin to know her. Despite that, I'm just a little scared of how all this publicity can be perceived.

The cover is amazing - especially because they chose black this time - and I love Léa, I was hoping to see her on this magazine and here she is finally.

13-09-2013
V.I.P.

My fav cover since the Adele one..

fashion insider

Seriously this magazine proves to be so completely individual and unique at the same time. And kudos to the stylist for making seemingly ordinary clothes and style them to perfection. Sadly I only own the first two issues. Can't wait to see more content out of this issue.

V.I.P.

The previews have me questioning why I stopped buying The Gentlewoman. My last issue was with Christy Turlington on the cover. I did used to have a few issues before that but decided to get rid of them (kept the Inez van Lamsweerde cover, though).

This issue looks fantastic. I love the black background which is a nice departure from the colour ones they usually do. Hilary Rhoda's opening shot is flawless - I'm sat here openmouthed.

fashion icon

I am always so impressed with The Gentlewoman, they pick interesting and inspiring individuals for their cover and pages. It just feels very thoughtfully put together.

boop

Everyone else can just go home. Competition should just give up. I mean is there even competition at this point?

The Martha Stewart feature is giving me life.

Secretly would have enjoyed her on the cover...

13-09-2013
V.I.P.

Simple and beautiful cover

windowshopping

Got my copy today

13-09-2013
The future is stupid

Beautiful! The only magazine I actually care about getting and I can't wait to get it & read it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luxx View Post
The Martha Stewart feature is giving me life.

Secretly would have enjoyed her on the cover...
I know! Martha is finally coming into her own... and it only took her 70+ years.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
1314, f or w, gentlewoman, ghertner, lea, seydoux, zoe