How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

29-08-2012
Mr. Magic

GQ Style Australia S/S 12.13 : Alexander Skarsgard by Steven Pan

twitter/lydia__sidarta

(IT'S GOING DOWN
)
MENS Runway Model Showlists - Mens RTW S/S 2015

29-08-2012
fashion elite

it's a great cover actually: good pose, great look, the masthead and the coverlines work well altogether and the I like the whole power/strong/sexy vibe from the covershot and the lighting.

Ère de ℳodernité

Delicious

ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

not feeling his expression..he looks worried

V.I.P.

Gorgeous cover, the quality of the magazine looks rich.

29-08-2012
tfs star

Better Quality

Alexander is really HOT
askarsswedishmeatballs.tumblr

29-08-2012
fashion elite

very sexy man!!

tfs star

"The Great Escape", real original title.

29-08-2012
MON
V.I.P.

I love how he looks so lost on the cover! This is hot! I love it

V.I.P.

Why can't that be the UK cover! I like it a lot.

30-08-2012
V.I.P.

love it, so sexy

Mr. Magic

Quote:
“This was supposed to be my day off.”

That’s Alexander Skarsgård speaking. And while we respect his need to unplug, it’s hard to sympathise with the guy given that he’s staring at himself in the mirror as a gorgeous woman massages his bronzed arms with moisturiser. Things could be worse.

This is kind of what Skarsgård’s life is like these days — mostly work, a little bit of play. In the last month (in no particular order) he’s been named the face of Encounter, Calvin Klein’s latest cologne that’s available here October 28, wrapped production on the fifth season of True Blood, taken a 13-hour flight to Sweden to visit family — for the weekend — and prepped for his next project, Hidden, a thriller set almost entirely in an underground bunker. If Hollywood’s welcomed him with open arms and thick pay-cheques it’s for good reason. Skarsgård, 36, is that rare thing: a walking Ken doll with the chops to impress art-house directors like Lars von Trier, but also the Alpha Male presence needed to float action flicks like Battleship (for the record, more watchable than you’ve heard).

Click through the image above to view more images of Alexander Skarsgård and to read on.

Read the full article and see the full photo shoot in GQStyle's spring/summer 2012/13 issue, on sale Monday 3 September.

Photographer: Steven Pan

gq.com.au

(IT'S GOING DOWN
)
30-08-2012
Mr. Magic

Quote:

This issue, we sit down with cover star Alexander Skarsgård, Sweden’s coolest export, and we meet über designer Marc Jacobs, the man behind Louis Vuitton’s inspired collaborations with some of the world’s coolest artists. Next up, we take a trip back to the ‘70s with David Bowie to see how a fashion icon was made, and Scott Schuman, the street-style snapper behind The Sartorialist, explains how he rose to become one of fashion’s most influential figures. Plus, we travel to Europe to deliver all the latest, greatest trends straight from the catwalk to you. It’s that fascinating blend of fashion and features that you’ve come to expect from GQStyle. Don’t miss it.
Alexander Skarsgård

These days he might be best known as the star of smash-hit TV series True Blood, but acting wasn’t always the likely career path for this edition’s cover star Alexander Skarsgård – far from it. We catch the stylish Swede in a rare moment of downtime to talk Hollywood, indie flicks and how he went from life as an elite navy commando to playing the world’s coolest 1000-year-old vampire. As you might expect from the son of Scandinavian film royalty, it turns out we’re going to be seeing a lot more of Skarsgård on the big screen. And we can’t wait.
Fashion - The Great Escape

Financial doom and gloom might have been making headlines in Europe recently, but if the catwalks were anything to go by clearly the fashion designers didn’t get the memo. This season was all about elegance, decadence and optimism – and we couldn’t have been more pleased. We turned our backs on the bad news and took a journey – whether it was a trip back to a former time with our modern-day knights story, or our overseas voyage to Oman for some ethnic-inspired patterns, prints and layering. We also bring you a cheat sheet of all the latest trends direct from Paris and Milan. With all this talk of travel, it’s only fitting that our theme for this edition is the Great Escape. Why not join us?
Up from the Streets

Some seven years ago when Scott Schuman first started blogging images of dapper New Yorkers who caught his eye, few could have imagined The Sartorialst would become the go-to site for millions in search of a little wardrobe inspiration. Although these days the pavements of fashion week are littered with would-be Sartorialists, Schuman still stands out of the pack. We talked to king of street style about life, love and what it takes to stay on top – it’s a fascinating insight into man behind the lens. Plus, don’t miss our overview of other up-and-coming bloggers who are looking to follow in his footsteps.
gq.com.au

(IT'S GOING DOWN
)

Last edited by Flashbang; 30-08-2012 at 11:37 PM.
12-09-2012
Mag Master

HQ Cover

zinio

12-09-2012
fashion insider

I love the cover.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
1213, alexander, australia, gq, pan, s or s, skarsgard, steven, style