How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

21-07-2008
backstage pass

Grazia Australia July 28, 2008 : Kate Moss

source | girlwithasatchel

Hey beautiful girlies (and gorgeous guys if you're interested), yes! Grazia magazine has landed on the Australian shores! I stumbled across the announcement while I was happily chugging my way through to my email, and there it was! the announcement!

Well. I'm excited! Former Australian Harpers Bazaar editor-in-chief Alison Veness-McGourty is the editor-in-chief of Grazia Australia, and seeming as I thought she did a good job with Harper's I'm looking forward to taking a look at what she's done with Grazia.

picture from grazia.ninemsn
You can take a look at this link if you want to take a closer peek: http://grazia.ninemsn.com.au/?cmp=ds_gl_grazia&mch=sem

Last edited by MissMagAddict; 21-07-2008 at 02:40 PM. Reason: Added clickable thumbnail cover image.

21-07-2008
V.I.P.

It will be interesting to see what Alison will do at Grazia, but i cant help but think its such a step down from HB.

21-07-2008
backstage pass

I'm having trouble getting a picture of the cover right now, but I can tell you that Kate Moss will be on the front; something about 'Kate partying away the pain'...

Like you said Miss Dalloway, from being editor in cheif of Bazaar to Grazia is a bit of step down, because Harpers just seems to much more sophisticated and 'high-end'; Grazia has quite a bit more gossip and what-not, but I'm going to be optimistic and give my 'verdict' after I take a look. I'm hoping since Alison has had a good number of years of experience in running Harpers under her belt she'll balance out the gossip with other interesting articles and topics, and of course, bring a little bit (if not a lot) of her fashion expertise into this magazine.

21-07-2008
neorealismo

Oh! This is such good news! Look forward to seeing the first issue! Good Luck, Grazia!

21-07-2008
tfs star

kate on the cover

http://grazia.ninemsn.com.au/

V.I.P.

I think Grazia's quite good as a magazine for what it is...I mean they do manage to include 'serious' articles and some good fashion, so it'll be interesting to see how well this one does.

21-07-2008
The future is stupid

Editorial Review

Quote:
The first fashion spread, 'It's only rock & roll', runs over 12 pages and features model Louise Van de Vorst, who vamps it up in leopard print, fishnet tights, skinny jeans, feathers, fluoro heels, red lipstick and a lot of bling.

Quote:
The second shoot, 'Under the influence', is decidedly more demure (in contrast to the headline), which references Yves Saint Laurent's major collections.
source | girlwithasatchel

21-07-2008
neorealismo

I'm excited for the second ed!

21-07-2008
trendsetter

That's a nice cover.
Does anyone know if/where Grazia is available in the US?

tfs star

this actually looks like it's going to be quite good... the Louise van der vorst ed looks really great!

23-07-2008
windowshopping

The Louise Van Der Vorst ed did have a pretty good execution but the second one did not. I wish my scanner was working so I can scan the whole 2 eds (although I'm sure someone here from Aus would happily do it). I've posted a review of the new mag in my blog.

23-07-2008
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Style-Addict View Post
That's a nice cover.
Does anyone know if/where Grazia is available in the US?
Well, Grazia is a weekly glossy magazine, and I'm aware that theres quite a few countries with their own 'Grazia' editions. I'm thinking because the magazine is churned out so frequently by the time it got to the US from Aus it'd probably be a little outdated! Of course, it probably wouldn't matter just as long as you've got whichever no. you need...but then I'm under the impression you can get just about any magazine in the US! eh, I'm not very helpful.

23-07-2008
V.I.P.

when will grazia get a website?

ive never seen any of their magazines but i apreciate their fashion scoops. they always seem to have preview's of kate moss's clothes for topshop!

27-07-2008
windowshopping

Grazia has a website... http://grazia.ninemsn.com.au/

28-07-2008
fashion elite

I'm really impressed with it, and excited that its weekly. I love how target is mixed with all the high end designers. Definitely better than ok or woman's day.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2008, 28, australia, grazia, july, kate, moss