How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

06-04-2012
tfs star

Woow it is so different than what she uses to do! I love it!

06-04-2012
tfs star

This is absolutely stunning. This is so different from what you see on newsstands, especially in the sea of homogenized celebrity covers. The photography, styling, and art direction is so refreshing, and to know this is from a Chinese edition, we really should be applauding this so much more. Clearly, the idea is to transform Victoria into some sort of video game character, which is really relevant in the Asian market. I, for one, would love to see more magazines take risks like this, especially for a celebrity. Chen Man is simply brilliant.

06-04-2012
scenester

I don't like it, imo she looks ugly. The aesthetic is cool but I think it would work better in another person.

06-04-2012
ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

I like it especially the Asian influence

tfs star

strangely I love it. Something different from Mrs. Beckham and it's very striking

07-04-2012
trendsetter

two more

weibo

07-04-2012
backstage pass

She sure is gaining my attention and almost respect until she came out with the ridiculous statement that she represents every ordinary woman on the street. Yeah, as if, anyway Victoria deserves credit for going through with something different, I can only think she saw the covers Chen Man created for i-D magazine and was impressed. She sure does make for good covers surprisingly, I can't lie, these covers, her recent i-D cover, Harper's Bazaar cover and last years Vogue UK cover have all in general been very good. I'm starting to see some character and personality.

07-04-2012
V.I.P.

These covers are wonderful! The first one show a different side to Victoria and the other two are just beautiful. Looking forward to seeing more from this shoot.

front row

I know it is quite photoshoped but the cover is amazing! I totally love it! I love this woman

07-04-2012
V.I.P.

How freaking cool is that cover! I never thought I'd like a Victoria Beckham cover so much.

07-04-2012
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ives927 View Post
This is absolutely stunning. This is so different from what you see on newsstands, especially in the sea of homogenized celebrity covers. The photography, styling, and art direction is so refreshing, and to know this is from a Chinese edition, we really should be applauding this so much more. Clearly, the idea is to transform Victoria into some sort of video game character, which is really relevant in the Asian market. I, for one, would love to see more magazines take risks like this, especially for a celebrity. Chen Man is simply brilliant.
I agree with everything you just said. This is certainly a cover that would make me pause in my steps and pick it up. I'm glad Victoria agreed to do something like this.

26-04-2012
V.I.P.

Not crazy about the warrior looking cover but the other photos are beautiful. Love fierceness of the hair color with the sweetness of the pink lips.
Did she really dye her hair this color?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, bazaar, beckham, chen, china, harper, man, victoria