How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

03-08-2012
fashion icon

I feel bad for the girl who had to put a pizza on her face.

03-08-2012
tfs star

^ Knowing a little bit of how she is make me conclude that it was most likely her idea.

03-08-2012
trendsetter

I don't know about the others but Charlotte Free is wearing Mulberry on the cover.

style.com

03-08-2012
fashion insider

Will there be anymore covers?? Im just wondering if there will be one with a male model

03-08-2012
trendsetter

Cara is wearing Celine and Kelly is wearing Chanel. I searched quickly on style.com but couldn't find the exact looks so maybe I skimmed over them.

03-08-2012
V.I.P.

^ Here it is.

style

front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzer View Post
this just feels so repetitive of I-D especially with terry shooting it. I instantly thought of Lindsey's wixsons cover with the ice cream last year when i saw these 3. I hope there is more covers to come out to compensate with this.
second that, totally. was expecting something more creative than just copying the same ideas over and over

03-08-2012
French Chic

Nothing exciting or innovative here, but suits the youthful vibe they were going for.
Charlotte's cover would have worked best, if it wasn't for the wedge of pizza stuck in front of her face, and Kelly's cover is weird and scary, just like Kelly herself......sorry she is not model material at all IMO.

fashion icon

I can't believe I actually like Charlotte Free's cover. Not just out of these three but like really really like. Never been a fan of her but this cover is really cute and she looks so likeable. Although when I first saw her cover I though it was Dianna Agron And I'm quite pleased with all three covers, I like the silly, funny concept. These are colorful and eye-catchy.

V.I.P.

If it's the Pre-fall issue, why are they wearing looks from Fall 12 and Cruise 13?

03-08-2012
scenester

Kelly is genuinely terrifying.

03-08-2012
V.I.P.

^I think she adorable actually, i love her energy on the cover. I find Cara pretty boring but excited to see both Charlotte and Kellys editorials

03-08-2012
V.I.P.

Three seriously awful covers. I love Kelly but hers is the worst, in my opinion. It's neither charming nor fun, just impossibly pointless. Quite disappointing to see three such unexciting covers from i-D, all their latest issues always had several outstanding covers. I hope there will be at least one more cover for this issue, one that isn't shot by Terry

03-08-2012
utterly superfluous

Is "youthful" another word for "short" nowadays? I don't particularly love any of these, but I guess Kelly's is the best of them. Hopefully, as with past issues, the better covers will be released later on.

fashion icon

All three covers are pretty lame. I'm sure Terry thought he was being edgy with a pizza and plushie on the cover of a magazine when in reality it just looks silly. But you know, I'll freely admit that my view of these covers could be influenced by the fact I really dislike Terry and thus cannot find it in my heart to like his work. I prefer I-D covers when they are edgy and more artistic (like when they had all different asian models on the cover. That was fantastic).

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, prefall