How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

04-08-2012
fashion icon

Could these be the most creative way of showing an eye? Anyway, I'm still surprised, in a good way, that these were taken Terry. Cara's shot is too commercial and doesn't really appeal to me. Charlotte's cover is almost good except for that gigantic pizza.

04-08-2012
V.I.P.

love the new cover and the models they chose! the colours are so good.

rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALAUU View Post
I find it ironic that i-D felt the need to pay tribute to youth when the entire fashion industry in itself already places so much emphasis on youth. There's no need to devote an entire issue to it.
Very good point.

I can't stand Cara, never got the appeal of Charlotte (and that cover makes me want to wipe my face with vinegar), but I really like Kelly. For strong looks, that is. The whole happy kid thing really isn't her best fit I think.

04-08-2012
French Chic

For once I am happy there are more covers of i-D and just look what a different photographer can produce.
Solve takes the theme and runs with it, a fun, vibrant and totally unforced image. Thrilled for Herieth and loving the accompanying video also.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stereo View Post
WOW! I just love Solve's cover! it's perfect!
please, please, pleease, i-D's subscribtion department, send me this one!
Same here! I just recently subscribed and really hope I get Solve's cover.
Wouldn't like to have a big, nasty pizza slice issue.

V.I.P.

^ I completely agree, I'm scared of receiving any of those first 3 covers, they are so tasteless and tacky. Solve's cover is brilliant. As much as I hate i-D's penchant for multiple covers, I really hope more are released to increase my chances of not getting any of the first 3..

04-08-2012
Hell on Heels

i wonder what my chances are in getting solve's cover, i actually LOVE it. kelly's cover scares me (well she kinda scares me) and i'll weep if i get the pizza one. the other one is just bad.

06-08-2012
Hell on Heels

opening spread of solve's editorial, from i-d's facebook page

06-08-2012
boop

There is nothing wrong with this cast at all, these are all great young models with personalities that completely fit with the concept. The idea is about youth and exuberance, fun and joy. I think each of the girls chosen represents those ideals really wonderfully - they're more than just pretty faces, they're girls who bring something very lighthearted and fun loving to the table.

I wonder if there are more covers to come, would be interesting to see someone with the very same kind of happy go lucky personality, but in a later period in their lives.

06-08-2012
God Save McQueen

The Kel/Herieth cover is definitely the best, it's bright and colorful and there is a youthful
carefree attitude.

Of the Terry covers, I like Cara's and love Kelly's (the eye of the stuffed animal over her eye i a nuce touch). Charlotte's is just bad to me. It looks like she is posing for a cosmetics beauty shot, and someone threw a pizza over it.

06-08-2012
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bank View Post
Kelly is genuinely terrifying.
I'm all about freedom of speech, but still.

These are all young human beings with feelings. Think about it for a second.

Last edited by Psylocke; 06-08-2012 at 02:02 PM. Reason: self-promotion / disrespectful comment
06-08-2012
V.I.P.

I love the last cover by Solve, the models look great (and are great) and I love the cover/colours.

Last edited by Psylocke; 06-08-2012 at 02:03 PM. Reason: response to edited post
06-08-2012
you soft and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALAUU View Post
I find it ironic that i-D felt the need to pay tribute to youth when the entire fashion industry in itself already places so much emphasis on youth. There's no need to devote an entire issue to it. With that said i do like Solve's cover. He's a master with color.
When I read the theme of the issue I kind of thought "Isn't every issue of i-D "The Youth Issue"?"

Yeah, they'll have people like Vivienne Westwood, Karl Lagerfeld or "older" models on their covers every now and then, but by and large it is a youth focused magazine.

06-08-2012
front row

agree with betty_s, talking this way about someone's looks is just wrong.
it is quite surprising to read such "mainstream" opinion about models looks here, as normally I'd think that together we're quite used to seeing the most original and interesting faces of industry in thousands of editorials we look at every day.
as for Kelly, I don't find her appealing personally, but she has a very unique look distinguishing her from milions of other girls in such big business as modeling is nowadays and wether it is her curse or blessing, depends rather on people who decide to book her, not magazines readers like us. and her face can change in an interesting way in front of camera, if you don't believe me, google her.

06-08-2012
trendsetter

Kel and Herieth's cover is leagues better than the Terry Richarson monstrosities. Better models + better photographer = better cover.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, prefall