How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

30-01-2012
backstage pass

Hate the covers.This is not Asia culture.Just a bunch of ugly girls in truly Asia people's mind.

30-01-2012
fashion insider

^^ I am sorry, but she really looks like a piggy to me in that shot... the nose, the makeup... ah... I cannot even look at it for a few more secs...

30-01-2012
V.I.P.

the only thing i like about it is the colours. none of the other 11 covers impress me.

30-01-2012
A Belated Celebration

The colors are pretty on some of the covers but I don't like any of them. It's too ethnic and I don't hate anything ethnic usually, but I wouldn't expect to see it in a fashion mag like i-D.

30-01-2012
tfs star

These girls are anything but ugly. Just because they are not your conventional beauties or the Liu Wen's and Sui He's of fashion, doesn't mean they're ugly. These portraits are displaying the diversity of what it means to be beautiful, specifically from the Asian culture which we often don't see enough of in mainstream media.

Last edited by Ives927; 30-01-2012 at 07:54 PM.
30-01-2012
fashion icon

^What's wrong with being ethnic? I'd rather see more ethnicity in fashion magazines personally. I'm tired of the same types of models and the same types of inspiration for covers/editorials. Let's get some diversity in here! Also, Ives927, I completely agree with everything you said in your post. These portraits really do show that beauty isn't just one look. That all different types of beauty exist.

Last edited by YoninahAliza; 30-01-2012 at 07:55 PM.
30-01-2012
V.I.P.

It's too ethic and I don't hate ethnic usually?

Anyway YoninahAliza and Ives927 great posts!

30-01-2012
backstage pass

Drooling over Chen Hong Jin's cover!

30-01-2012
A Belated Celebration

Don't know if my post above sounded onesided, but I didn't mean it. I didn't mean I'd only like when they feature conventional models, and I don't think any of these is ugly, either. I don't like it because it's all about one country, one culture when they got to give it some more diversity and the only thing they could think of is it. As an Asian I wouldn't call it diverse.

30-01-2012
you soft and only

It doesn't sound like it's trying to be an all encompassing 'Asian' issue though, like the ill-fated Asian issue of V. What's wrong with it clearly being about China or Chinese models/fashion/whatever?

31-01-2012
MON
V.I.P.

Now this is how you do an Asian Issue (Take note V, Asians! NOT GAGA). Anyway, I really like it! It shows the eclecticism of the Chinese. Although, I just wished they represented the different ages and styles of the Chinese. From Ancient to Modern! But still, Good concept, idea and very nice colors! Some covers are too repetitive though

front row

i-donline

31-01-2012
V.I.P.

There's only nine covers being produced in total.

31-01-2012
V.I.P.

Only 4 covers out of these 12 covers will be on newsstands and other 8 will be sold exclusively online.

But, besides those 4 covers there're will be 5 more newsstand covers (so 9 newsstand covers in total): One features Stella Tennant, no info about other covers but there's info what will be inside:

Quote:
insi-De the issue we ride high on the breeze of new talent ushered in by 2012. Azealia Banks sets temperatures soaring with her X-rated songs and we meet Rita Ora, the Albanian singer hotly-tipped by Jay-Z and Beyoncé to make waves. Award-winning designer Victoria Beckham chats LA sunshine and gets snapped by Josh Olins; supermodel Lara Stone steps outside to enjoy the first days of Spring with Alasdair Mclellan; Wolfgang Tillmans shines some light on London Fashion Week; Hedi Slimmane serves up a dark’n’stormy Dylan Riley; Juergen Teller slips backstage at Pam Hogg’s Paris show, while hot new faces Lara Mullen and matt ardell take a trip to Wonderland with Jeff Bark.
I think other covers could be : Victoria Beckham by Josh Olins, Lara Stone by Alasdair McLellaj, Dylan Riley by Hedi Slimane...

31-01-2012
A Belated Celebration

Stella's cover is fabulous!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, chen, man, prespring