How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

28-08-2009
don't look down

As of today, Aug 09 US Vogue and Bazaar vanished from the UK stores near me - and they haven't sold out, as yesterday there were lots of copies of each - so I imagine the Sep issues could be in tomorrow.

28-08-2009
fashion insider

I know for a fact that Vogue Paris issues arrive in Canada two weeks after they are released in France, for future ref.

congratulations, nerds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerrouge View Post
As of today, Aug 09 US Vogue and Bazaar vanished from the UK stores near me - and they haven't sold out, as yesterday there were lots of copies of each - so I imagine the Sep issues could be in tomorrow.
US Vogue September is definitely out in London, I saw it today

28-08-2009
don't look down

You are the bearer of good news (and the guarantee of a good read tomorrow for me)!

trendsetter

US Harpers, W, marie claire and Instyle, UK Harpers, Vogue, Elle, marie claire and instyle are all available in newsagents in Australia.

US Vogue ships next wednesday (so i've been told, it was supposed to ship the wednesday that just passed, that's when it normally gets here, but apparently because of the weight of the magazines they had to change couriers blah blah blah, i've been searching for it for so long!). However some newsagencies have already had the air freight issues in, 2 weeks ago, and won't be getting any more in until the second week of september. As you can tell I have been epicly searching for this magazine haha, have nagged about 20 different news agents to tell me where it is! :p

Vanity Fair is also in stores now in Australia. Vogue Paris September ships into select news-agencies (e.g borders, The Taylor Square newsagent in Sydney and the Kings Cross newsagent in Sydney) next thursday. Vogue Paris June/July is in stores for the reduced price of $15.00. Vogue Paris August is still $39.00 last i checked.

Vogue Italia July is in stores now for the air freight price of $33.00. Vogue Italia June is now $15.00. Vogue Italia August should ship next Thursday as well.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuva View Post
US Vogue September is definitely out in London, I saw it today
The same week as the general US release...that's odd I've never come across that in the UK...

I'm hoping that means that US Vogue and US Bazaar will be out in Austria next week, the general Europe release date is similar...however the import rate seems to be slower than usual with some magazines nowadays (a month for the last two issues of W ).

Well the airport always sells the US mags the week of their US general release...but you have to be flying somewhere or have a special diplomatic pass to get in there (and trust me I don't have one)

28-08-2009
V.I.P.

I'm surprised US Vogue's made it here so early.

Usually up here in Newcastle area there's a week's gap between US Elle/US Harper's/US Marie Claire/US Instyle arriving and W and US Vogue, sometimes more than a week. But if they've all landed in London it would seem like they should be making their way around the country at pretty much the same time.

29-08-2009
backstage pass

I noticed

Sept Vogue US
Sept Elle US
Sept Bazaar US

all in stores today.

29-08-2009
V.I.P.

Still no US Marie Claire Sept sighting where I am, but it seems that W September is the only one not here in the UK yet.

I don't know about anyone else, but every issue of US Elle I've seen here has been Jennifer's black leather corset cover, is that the same elsewhere?

29-08-2009
don't look down

Yep, the corset is the one which arrived in my stores. No US MC either, the Fergie issue was sitting there.

I still haven't seen a Farrah Fawcett Vanity Fair and the next cover will be out very soon.

V.I.P.

^ Yes, VF October is out on September 8.

29-08-2009
you soft and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinsley V View Post
I know for a fact that Vogue Paris issues arrive in Canada two weeks after they are released in France, for future ref.
I still haven't seen the August issue around where I live yet. I think the June/July issue makes the wait seem so much longer.

29-08-2009
front row

^^ I think it was said that all UK editions have MJ on the cover. Trying finding/asking for the US editions when in shops (and its cheaper, lol)

29-08-2009
V.I.P.

I've seen one Farah cover, and that was in London. Everywhere else has only had the Michael covers that I've seen.

29-08-2009
don't look down

Quote:
Originally Posted by fearless123 View Post
^^ I think it was said that all UK editions have MJ on the cover. Trying finding/asking for the US editions when in shops (and its cheaper, lol)
Oh, I'm a long way away from London and being able to avail of things like that. There's one proper magazine shop where I live, and I'm lucky it carries any import magazines at all, and sometimes I wonder who the other five people are who buy Vogue Paris, because they're people I could have a great conversation with.

Still, it's better than it was years ago, when the main newsagent in Belfast got one copy of Vogue Paris in - and then stopped stocking it. I went to ask for it to be reordered, only to be told there was "no demand" for it. Being about 15 at the time, I hadn't the wit to retort that I was demanding it, and that was good enough reason to get it back in.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
arrivals, imported, issue, thread