How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

03-08-2012
trendsetter

LOVE a/w is out in New York, apparently.

24-08-2012
V.I.P.

The American September issues have started to arrive in the UK - Glamour being the first.

V.I.P.

US Elle September's in London.

25-08-2012
Some Like It Hot

^It's out everywhere in the UK too.

don't look down

Not necessarily... something that's on the shelves in England can still mean a wasted journey somewhere else in the UK, it can take a bit longer to reach all regions.

Some Like It Hot

^I don't get what you're trying to say by that comment to be honest, I've been told it's out everywhere when I posted, so...

front row

^ I think she's referring to the fact Northern Ireland gets everything a day or two (or more) late. For example, when British ELLE is out on the first Wednesday of each month, Northern Ireland is due to receive them a day or so later. Whereas Vogue Paris typically comes out near the end of the month in London, closer to the French release date, Northern Ireland's single stockist of Vogue Paris is likely to get it anywhere from two to three weeks, sometimes even a month (in my experience) later.

don't look down

Exactly, and if you're planning a trip to what sometimes is the only store in the country that stocks a certain magazine, if you get the day wrong, that's your time and money wasted. So when someone says that a magazine is out in a specific region, I appreciate the mention, as I know exactly how many days to add on for my own.

Even something like UK Vogue can appear up to three days after everyone else has received it, and there are times when I've seen British magazines out in Dublin but nowhere to be had on the other side of the border.

And when you ask the newsagent to order something like Spanish Vogue, they'll tell you it's "not on the company's system" even though a branch miles down the road gets two copies in every month. In the end, it stops being worth it, to travel that distance and come away empty-handed.

Some Like It Hot

Vogue Paris is due to hit the newsstands in the UK tomorrow.

V.I.P.

Vogue Paris is here and so is US Vogue however all issues I've found so far had damaged fronts with ink all over them. I went through around 20 copies in three places. The covers also printed on the Matt thin stuff.

01-09-2012
don't look down

US Vogue (and finally, US Elle) arrived in my stores today. The matt cover was on sale, the surface seems to attract dirt, and makes the import stickers a nightmare to peel off, but thankfully all the copies were intact.

The price was £6.50, but because the issue was so huge, I didn't mind that, even though I know I shouldn't have to subsidise the September issue's extra costs and revenue, I'm basically paying for the privilege of seeing more irrelevant ads.

fashion elite

I cant believe I lost Vogue US.
It was sold out in 2 days.
EVERYWHERE!

01-09-2012
backstage pass

^ Like seriously? Yes I think US Vogue is pretty much available across the UK now, I was quick and got myself 2 copies although I'll probably be wanting another copy because I'm greedy like that. I kicked up a fuss as I wasn't happy with the condition of the ones put out so the guy got me 2 fresh copies from out of the back stockroom. To be honest though I think it's going to be hard to practically find mint copies because of how bulky the actual issue is. Not that I'm that bothered but has anyone come across the glossy surface? Sounds as if all the covers have been printed on the matt type surface this time around.

01-09-2012
Some Like It Hot

It's also sold out on newsstand.co.uk.

V.I.P.

W and Bazaar are here in London now.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
arrivals, imported, issue, thread