How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

10-05-2010
The future is stupid

Self Service has already done this & better for years. And honestly, I don't care what Tommy Ton has to say, about anything.

10-05-2010
fashion icon

^ Me neither, but if he continues to take pretty pictures of shoes and handbags during fashion month then he can continue to run his mouth for all I care.

10-05-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMagAddict View Post
And honestly, I don't care what Tommy Ton has to say, about anything.
i have to agree, the whole "tommy tom hype" is getting on my nerves. I understand the whole "influential over a night"-thing, but he's just irritating.

10-05-2010
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKnardi View Post
omg, a new fashion magazine? ... with anna wintour on the cover?
I MEAN.... I like the picture of her, but I can't see why she's a cover subject. because of the film now? because she is important?

I really don't see anything new in this issue, pathetic.
the aim of industrie, as a publication, is to shed more light on editors & those who work to produce what we see on the frontline of fashion. hence anna being on the cover.

Last edited by jeremydante; 10-05-2010 at 02:28 PM.
10-05-2010
starving hysterical naked

^ and i actually think it's a brilliant idea to highlight the fashion editors' work, but anna isn't the only one out there, is she?

V.I.P.

It's the first issue, it needs to do well, so naturally they picked the most recognisable and biggest editor..

10-05-2010

^ yes i'm aware of it, but you know i often - and unconsciously - leaves the business side of fashion out when i comment on magazines covers... i dunno, it must be my naive crave for worthwile fashion magazines, both content and cover-wise.

fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carla-A View Post
^ and i actually think it's a brilliant idea to highlight the fashion editors' work, but anna isn't the only one out there, is she?
i agree; but its only the first issue. just because gisele landed the cover of vogue korea doesnt mean she's the only female model. it just means that she was the first choice. next month a new editor will appear. i applaud them for putting her on the cover- people who have no knowledge of fashion know her so its an easy association. she's a posterchild for editors. but is she the only one? thats a stupid question, of course she's not. she's the cover girl for this month though.

10-05-2010
V.I.P.

I really don't see the meaning of this magazine. does anna need more "light" on her public persona than she already has? she's a great businesswoman, entertaining beacuse she has a lot of power (she knows what sells), but a part from that she's uninteresting. she's not even creative. though I understand that for this first issue of the magazine, they need somebody famous.

10-05-2010

Quote:
i agree; but its only the first issue. just because gisele landed the cover of vogue korea doesnt mean she's the only female model. it just means that she was the first choice. next month a new editor will appear. i applaud them for putting her on the cover- people who have no knowledge of fashion know her so its an easy association. she's a posterchild for editors. but is she the only one? thats a stupid question, of course she's not. she's the cover girl for this month though.
er you may have misunderstood my point it personally gets on my nerve that 'anna overexposure' - my personal opinion about her work put aside. here, i actually criticize the fact anna was picked up to appear on the cover of an issue dedicated to fashion editors - not any other one, but anna, certainly the one anyone has already heard of. i think it's just... an obvious, simple choice. another editor could of been chosen, someone less heard-of but still talented and deserving! hence the "there are other fashion editors", as if only anna (and carine eventually) worked as a fashion editor out there. i hope i make myself clear

don't look down

If the magazine has some straight-talking analysis of the industry, I'll be interested, but if it's a glossy spin on friends interviewing each other, where everyone's kept happy, and the features offer the powder-puff version of events, it won't be of much use to me.

fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerrouge View Post
If the magazine has some straight-talking analysis of the industry, I'll be interested, but if it's a glossy spin on friends interviewing each other, where everyone's kept happy, and the features offer the powder-puff version of events, it won't be of much use to me.
i completely agree. we want the 'real' industrie spin on things. everything else can be maintained with gloss & sugar coating but i too would like to see some hardcore information & analysis. great point, extrememly valid.

10-05-2010
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carla-A View Post
er you may have misunderstood my point it personally gets on my nerve that 'anna overexposure' - my personal opinion about her work put aside. here, i actually criticize the fact anna was picked up to appear on the cover of an issue dedicated to fashion editors - not any other one, but anna, certainly the one anyone has already heard of. i think it's just... an obvious, simple choice. another editor could of been chosen, someone less heard-of but still talented and deserving! hence the "there are other fashion editors", as if only anna (and carine eventually) worked as a fashion editor out there. i hope i make myself clear
i understand your point; but i think she was a good choice. it almost clears the way for any other stereotypical cover choices. anna should be first, for the simple fact that she is, at times, overexposed. cant wait to see whose next. why do i feel like we'll see roitfeld?

15-05-2010
V.I.P.

^ i have a feeling about roitfeld too. another influential woman - even though not as influential as anna of course :p

V.I.P.

I think the choice of Anna is although obvious
but again a fantastic choice...whether we would like to admit
it Anna Wintour is the editor witht he most power
US Vogue has the most readership out of any other Vogues in the world
for the ebut issue (which is intended to sell) having a well known inustry leader
was a wise choice

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
anna, industrie, issue, magazine, premiere, wintour