How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

09-07-2008
V.I.P.

This is an azming issue! Thanks for the previews Dieselmax!

Maryna and Magda's ed is fantastic. They are so intense and work so well with eachother! I like Arlenis's shots as well.

09-07-2008
V.I.P.

THANKS Dieselmax!!!

looks like a great issue!

09-07-2008
backstage pass

OMG, look at Anna J That shot is just incredible. I think her eyes rival those of Cat McNeil's.

I love Magda and Maryna's ed two, they look like sisters:p

V.I.P.

thanks, Diesel! and could you tell, please how many photos contains richardson and paris nights spreads?
thanks again

09-07-2008
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvjeisa View Post
I don't think that the new team is fully installed on this issue, I thought it was September when the first Baron issue comes out?
yep. the official launch is in september, but parts of the new team began with the marc june/july issue. such an improvement already!

09-07-2008
V.I.P.

Eva Mendes covers Interview magazine the August 2008. Inside the cover her interview is reeking of personal issues. I had thought I should cut the interview but here is a huge clip on how defensive she gets when you ask her about rehab.
David Colman: Now letís talk about substance abuse. My favorite topic.
Eva Mendes: Great.
DC: First of all, what is it with actors and substance abuse?
EM: I donít know. Iím not a spokesperson for any kind of substance-abuse organization.
DC: Theyíre going to have to change the name of it to ďAlcoholics Unanimous.Ē
EM: [silence]
DC: Iím sorry, thatís a bad joke.
EM: Iím not making jokes, because people die from this stuff. So, honestly, I think itís a bit tacky that you made a joke. Iíve got to be honest.
DC: Youíre angry. Listen . . .
EM: Iím not angry. People have died, and Iíve lost friends tooĖeven recently. So I can be a little
sensitive on the subject.
DC: Look, I havenít had a drink in 11 years. Iím just trying to be light-hearted about it, because itís an awkward topic.
EM: Iím not angry. But because celebritiesí lives are so visible, I think it makes it look lighter than it is. I have a really good sense of humor, Iím just very sensitive. The other day I was reading an article. I donít even remember who the actress was, but sheís been around for a long time. She said something like, ďIím proud that Iíve had a whole career without making it to rehab.Ē I thought, Thatís such a negative twist on it. Iím proud of people who have the determination and the fearlessness to actually go and face their demons and get better. This is a life or death situation. Again, Iím not a spokesperson for this, but itís just that I want to support people for their decisions when they do go in and get help.
DC: You might think itís a new problem, but itís probably only because people are quicker to say, ďOkay, Iím going to rehab. Letís get it over with.Ē
EM: Itís because everybody is so highly visible now. We see everything. We see what celebrities buy at the supermarket. Itís ridiculous. Itís that visibility. Iím confused by this whole celebrity-obsessed culture. Itís really weird.
DC: Again, I wasnít trying to be . . . Well, I was trying to be flip, but not trying to be dismissive. I do take it very seriously myself. You could just say, ďI donít want to talk about that.Ē Which is fine.
EM: Iíve given you a more interesting answer, I hope, than to just say, ďI donít want to talk about it.Ē [laughs] There are so many lies out there regarding my recent trip to Cirque Lodge. But I donít care what people think. I just donít care. So I will neither confirm nor deny. I think now we just know way too much about our celebrities. Itís not that interesting when you know that much about people. I have no ego about me. Itís just better for you not to know, because it really does make me a better actor at the end of the day. Youíre not going into the movie with all these specifics about me.
DC: I donít know what I would do if all my business was out there . . .
EM: You know what? You wouldnít feel that bad, because so much of it is not true. Actually, the
media has been pretty nice to me. Theyíve really trashed some people, so Iím actually thankful that it didnít get too crazy. But for all the stuff that came out a few months ago about substance abuse, there were so many wrong stories. I was so happy about that, because itís when they get the real scoop that would make me really nervous. Itís a relief, in a way. You want it to be a lie, because when itís true, thatís when Iíd be like, ďOh, my God!Ē Itís time to rethink whoís in your circle, because stuff got out.
Catch the rest of the interview when Interview magazine goes on sale July 12.
On a side note, she seems a little bitter about the whole thing. I was surprised when she went into rehab, but Iím glad she got help for whatever she needed help for. The rest shouldnít matter.
http://backseatcuddler.com/2008/07/0...view-magazine/

09-07-2008
V.I.P.

^^Oh pleaseee she is not inerested in the celebrity culture?She IS part of it, wheter she likes it or not, and why be touchy when people ask you about your Rehab stint? I think the famous woman who said she is proud of never going to Rehab has all the reason to be, i am not being judgmental but Eva just always seems soo incredibly dishonest in her interviews, tha edit is totally gross.

And i have seen enough of Lou naked, put some clothes on, and then she is posing with her son?

Arlenis ed looks interesting and need to see other better, thanks so much for scanning.

Last edited by Miss Dalloway; 09-07-2008 at 11:17 AM.
09-07-2008
trendsetter

I actually like Eva's pictures. I'm surprised at the bits of her interview. If you didn't want to talk about your stint in rehab, couldn't you have had your publicist/manager/whoever make the interviewer sign a statement saying that rehab was off limits?
I admire her for going, it's hard to admit you have a problem to yourself and family, but then the whole world. And to seek professional help. Although I still wonder what exactly she went in for? Alcohol, right?

there is no fear

AAAH!Maryna's and Magdalena's ed looks amaaaaaaazing!!

09-07-2008

Interview is becoming more and more sensational...almost like W for the next generation.

09-07-2008
V.I.P.

lou lou lou

09-07-2008
V.I.P.

I dont know what to think about Arlenis edit im still thinking if i like it or not

09-07-2008
scenester

^ is there anything else to arlenis' ed other than those two pics? like an article?

09-07-2008
V.I.P.

Maryna and Magda look amazingggg. I am becoming more of a Maryna fan, and I barely realize it.
Lou! Yay!

Rhoda Addict

I am dying to see the whole Paris nights ed!!!!!!!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2008, august, eva, interview, jansson, mendes, mikael