How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

20-07-2010
V.I.P.

Reading the interview felt like being backstage at a Miss World pageant.

20-07-2010
fashion insider

There are 3 more images here:

Posted by Tarsha in Marion's thread.
Source: Fashionista

I might be in the minority but I think the shots are absolutely stunning.
I've seen far far worse.
I personally think one of the most beautiful features of Marion is her profile which is why I think so many photographers shoot her on an angle like that.

20-07-2010
front row

I don't like the cover, I'm kind of disappointed as I think that Marion is a beautiful person and that most of Interview covers are interesting. But this one is just dull in my opinion.

20-07-2010
fashion insider

^ Oops Mods - Tarsha's source was fashiongonerogue. Could someone please fix?

20-07-2010
V.I.P.

The cover is so dark and mysterious. I love it. The editorial is a bit boring for me though.

21-07-2010
V.I.P.

I'm impressed by how much Marion's ed is stunning! Love all the pictures, very soft and flawless.

21-07-2010
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mchunu View Post
Wow...

I hate that editorial, a lot. The bad part is I thought "could it get any worse?" & It didn't, and I hate it even more!
Are you kidding? I think it is the most beautiful editorial Marion has ever been featured in... And I am not her fan at all.

V.I.P.

^ IKR. The editorial is her best one yet...it feels far more intimate than her Vogue US ed (which was pretty good actually). I think that it's nice to see her with a different hair style...it kind of takes her into another element than her perfect coif.

21-07-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecstasy Lover View Post
Are you kidding? I think it is the most beautiful editorial Marion has ever been featured in... And I am not her fan at all.
No, I'm not.. But I don't follow Marion's work. I don't dislike her, nor am I a fan. But, I just don't think this is beautiful. That's only my opinion though. If I was one of Marion's biggest fans, I certainly would not go out of my way to get my hands on that editorial.

Last edited by Mchunu; 21-07-2010 at 07:37 AM.
21-07-2010
there is no fear

Nice to see they are featuring celebrities interviewing/writing about other celebrities, that is part of why the older issues appeal so much to me.

21-07-2010
rising star

Not enjoying the grain in the cover. The last issue I bought was the Madonna one and the lack of print quality of the cover really made me angry. The close-up idea is pretty clever because it brings direct intimacy, but they could have done it properly, without doing cropping, at least it seemed to. I can't say the same about Megan Fox's cover due to its photoshop overdose.

But the Madonna one was personally upsetting. I hope the same doesn't happen this time. The other pictures from the ed. seem to be much more powerful than the Bland cover. I can't tell if she's having a sexy moment or just dread.

I'm quite indifferent if she's Marion or Maria, but please, change your face if you are try to tell us you're somebody

Last edited by fauxpas; 21-07-2010 at 07:41 PM.
21-07-2010
clever ain't wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by fauxpas View Post
Not enjoying the grain in the cover. The last issue I bought was the Madonna one and the lack of print quality of the cover really made me angry. The close-up idea is pretty clever because it brings direct intimacy, but they could have done it properly, without doing cropping, at least it seemed to. I can't say the same about Megan Fox's cover due to its photoshop overdose.

But the Madonna one was personally upsetting. I hope the same doesn't happen this time. The other pictures from the ed. seem to be much more powerful than the Bland cover. I can't tell if she's having a sexy moment or just dread.

I'm quite indifferent if she's Marion or Maria, but please, change your face if you are try to tell us you're somebody
Well, isn't it rather simple? Either you get grain or some other evasive manouvre on your cover, photoshop overload or, dear lord, wrinkles?

21-07-2010
fashion insider

^ I was under the impression the grain was intentional throughout cover and ed.
All of the bw images in Marion's editorial have a grain in them which supports the 70s 'pin-up' vibe.

21-07-2010
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvjeisa View Post
Well, isn't it rather simple? Either you get grain or some other evasive manouvre on your cover, photoshop overload or, dear lord, wrinkles?
ahaha, well, there are always mesh handkerchieves and good old blur

21-07-2010
V.I.P.

Hate the cover, because Interview tends to be repetitive when it comes to the cover.

However, the editorial is amazing. She's so gorgeous and sexy. Love it! I can't wait to see the whole issue.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2010, august, cotillard, interview, jansson, marion, mikael