Interview August 2017 : Kendrick Lamar by Gregory Harris - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

1 Week Ago
V.I.P.

Interview August 2017 : Kendrick Lamar by Gregory Harris

interviewmagazine

we are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams. wandering by lone sea breakers and sitting by desolate streams. world losers and world forsakers, on whom the pale moon gleams. yet we are the movers and shakers of the world for ever it seems
1 Week Ago
V.I.P.

Photographer: Gregory Harris
Stylist: Miguel Enamorado
Hair: Maurice Manley
Makeup: Mira Chai Hyde
Star: Kendrick Lamar

interviewmagazine

we are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams. wandering by lone sea breakers and sitting by desolate streams. world losers and world forsakers, on whom the pale moon gleams. yet we are the movers and shakers of the world for ever it seems
1 Week Ago
V.I.P.

Move those arms away, let us see your nipped waist! I really like the cover styling without the gaudy jewellery.

As for Kendrick Lamarr, I was never a fan and will never be. Nothing noteworthy in the looks department, his views are questionable, and calling him 'the greatest rapper alive' is a stretch and tired marketing ploy.

1 Week Ago
V.I.P.

he looks great

1 Week Ago
V.I.P.

I have friends that are obsessed with him and I didn't understand or care one bit until I ended up seeing him live by accident and it's seriously one of the best live performances I have ever seen, he's fantastic at it and his music, especially the more politically charged, feels quite powerful... in a way other rappers that openly count themselves among the greatest but mostly live off scandal, hookups and celebrity could only dream of. This guy may have some questionable lyrics but that's all he's really known for, his primary occupation, and he's good at it.

1 Week Ago
fashion insider

Well… “Our” greatest rapper, Benn— as in America’s “our”…? So that neither applies to either one of us LOL

“My" greatest rapper is Chuck D. Public Enemy were unapologetically in your face before it became safe and all the suburban girls/rockers/music journalists clammered for Kendrick. And I do prefer Kanye, if that’s who you’re referring to, Mullet…

Boring edit.

Thanks Marc.

1 Week Ago
V.I.P.

I suppose I should stand down on this debate, I mean, we've scraped the bottom of the barrel with Stormzy!

Whichever way you look at it, it's still a stretch! What about the guys from The Roots? Goodie Mob (sans Cee-Lo), Mobb Deep (OK, Prodigy recently died, but still). Such an insult to them. I understand why this guy with his perpetually 'pensive-looking' face had to get the cover, no need to throw out tired bait lines. You'd think Interview would be above that.

Last edited by Benn98; 1 Week Ago at 02:35 PM.
1 Week Ago
Hell on Heels

this is a great cover and i'm really happy for kendrick. looking forward to the other content

1 Week Ago
Hell on Heels

Quote:
Originally Posted by MulletProof View Post
I ended up seeing him live by accident and it's seriously one of the best live performances I have ever seen, he's fantastic at it and his music, especially the more politically charged, feels quite powerful... in a way other rappers that openly count themselves among the greatest but mostly live off scandal, hookups and celebrity could only dream of.
i know right? i mean i liked him already, but i saw him in 2014 on the mainstage of a festival that holds 200,000 people and him and his band (i don't know if he still tours with a live band) tore the whole place down, and it's not an easy task when you're a kid and you're basically alone on a giant stage. i love rap music, i've seen lots of amazing acts but he truly has an incredible energy, and i imagine he's just getting better and better with time

1 Week Ago
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benn98 View Post

As for Kendrick Lamarr, I was never a fan and will never be. Nothing noteworthy in the looks department, his views are questionable, and calling him 'the greatest rapper alive' is a stretch and tired marketing ploy.
I guess it's all down to personal taste, but i could not disagree more. He had the best album of the year, when you make Jay Z's album look like a silly golf course music in comparison, you know you got talent! Also I think he has a handsome face, but kudos to Interview, they always go with unexpected cover choices. I love this.

Ps: Also, if you get the chance, see him live. Amazingly talented!

1 Week Ago
fashion elite

Good cover, good ed. I love Kendrick....
He has a very interesting face and i really like his latest album.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Dalloway View Post
I guess it's all down to personal taste, but i could not disagree more. He had the best album of the year, when you make Jay Z's album look like a silly golf course music in comparison, you know you got talent! Also I think he has a handsome face, but kudos to Interview, they always go with unexpected cover choices. I love this.

Ps: Also, if you get the chance, see him live. Amazingly talented!
I don't think that quoting 50 cent for the Jay-Z album says anything about his project. What do you want an almost 50 years old rapper who owns half of a billion in his bank account to talk about? Grown is the word i would use to describe that Jay-Z album...I'm a bit off-topic.

1 Week Ago
V.I.P.

^ Super badly produced tracks, i didn't like a single one, it all sounded way too manufactered to me. And yes, quoting 50 Cent was the best way to show my dislike for his album, because its just a perfect description of that mess. On the other hand Lamar's DAMN is a masterpiece from start to finish.

1 Week Ago
front row

I actually find him handsome but he looks too serious in this, I would have loved a more light-spirited editorial to go with his recent album.

1 Week Ago
ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

The cover is not too capturing but I love the ed. I agree he's one of the best rappers especially live. He doesn't beat around the bush when it comes to social and political issues.
This is one of my fav performances of his

I dont think this can be reffered to as a marketing ploy

Last edited by Urban Stylin; 1 Week Ago at 11:04 AM.
6 Days Ago
front row

Amanda Murphy by Fabien Baron

http://www.weibo.com/chenwanliqq

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2017, august, gregory, harris, interview, kendrick, lamar