How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

04-06-2013
V.I.P.

Henry is so painfully handsome. I like how harsh and strong it is for both of them.

04-06-2013
tfs star

Oh I love the color. I love the contrast of the lighting here

04-06-2013
Mr. Zhivago

Amy is like Drew Barrymore for me; they both make surprisingly good models. Remember Amy's solo Vanity Fair cover? She always brings it...

04-06-2013
Hell on Heels

My body is not ready for Henry. The cover looks great, not to mention the portratis inside- who's the photographer?

also loving the editorial although it's giving me major freja by paolo roversi deja-vu

looking forward to more content

Last edited by mistress_f; 04-06-2013 at 04:04 PM.
04-06-2013
clever ain't wise

Kind of sub par male stars making it onto covers at the moment. I have no idea why David Oakes can't be on the cover instead - he is so incredibly photogenic and hot in the extreme. Much better than this boring beefcake.

Last edited by iluvjeisa; 04-06-2013 at 04:18 PM.
04-06-2013
V.I.P.

^ boring beefcake .. I hear you.. same vibe I get from people like Sean O'Pry. Googled David Oakes.. isn't he in the David Duchovny family of human beings? uhh, I don't know. I'd just put Grigory Dobrygin on all covers, end of story.

backstage pass

I have no idea who these two are but they make a solid, cool cover.
The Hoarder is very charming, especially with the introductory text; Ludivine + Fabien just never dissapoint me.
Also, seems like Sofia's all over June/July issues, can't complain on that either, should turn out interesting with Richard Prince.
Ooh, and Nick Cave...

05-06-2013
V.I.P.

Amy Adams has the life of Kristen Stewart on the cover and it is extremely disappointing. Henry Cavill delivers in spades, though - definitely putting the Super Hot in Superman.

V.I.P.

The cover is meh. It's such an awkward photograph. Either Amy or Henry would've been fine but not both.

"The Hoarder" is giving me life. Such a pleasure to see a new and creative editorial (I don't even mind the Edward Scissorhands styling).
Bravo!

Last edited by Elfinkova; 05-06-2013 at 04:45 AM.
05-06-2013
clever ain't wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by MulletProof View Post
^ boring beefcake .. I hear you.. same vibe I get from people like Sean O'Pry. Googled David Oakes.. isn't he in the David Duchovny family of human beings? uhh, I don't know. I'd just put Grigory Dobrygin on all covers, end of story.
OMG - David Duchovny family?!??! That is - ah - no - David Oakes - in his Juan Borgia rendition - is like a hot, sexy, straightish, tall, strapping version of John Galliano circa 1996.

But anyhow, my point here is that I question the Interview cover subjects.

Oh, and the hoarder is wonderful, thankfully not quite as close to home as a few years ago when my home was mostly rags and wires

Last edited by iluvjeisa; 05-06-2013 at 06:35 AM.
05-06-2013
trendsetter

I love Amy, but it should have just been Henry.

05-06-2013
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvjeisa
But anyhow, my point here is that I question the Interview cover subjects.

But isn't the point of Interview magazine for famous/culturally significant people to interview each other? Sure, there are beautiful fashion editorials, but often they're more about a personality behind the fashion (i.e. a particular designer) than most editorials. To the best of my knowledge, the only models who have ever gotten Interview covers were ones who are very famous in their own rite, like Kate Moss or Naomi Campbell. What I am saying is, David Oakes may looks fantastic, but his show certainly doesn't have the traction of Man of Steel and he's not really a personality or a star.... he isn't very famous and for most people, he's not nearly as relevant as Amy and Henry are, so I feel that they're more fitting cover subjects. But to each his/her own.

This is one of the rare magazines discussed on this site where I think celebrities of some kind are really the only appropriate cover subjects.

In any event, Amy looks like she'd dying for a bit of shut-eye on the cover. Henry looks intense and I like that the photo highlights the angles of his face (whereas they've done the opposite with Amy)

Last edited by KINGofVERSAILLES; 05-06-2013 at 11:30 AM.
05-06-2013
clever ain't wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGofVERSAILLES View Post
But isn't the point of Interview magazine for famous/culturally significant people to interview each other? Sure, there are beautiful fashion editorials, but often they're more about a personality behind the fashion (i.e. a particular designer) than most editorials. To the best of my knowledge, the only models who have ever gotten Interview covers were ones who are very famous in their own rite, like Kate Moss or Naomi Campbell. What I am saying is, David Oakes may looks fantastic, but his show certainly doesn't have the traction of Man of Steel and he's not really a personality or a star.... he isn't very famous and for most people, he's not nearly as relevant as Amy and Henry are, so I feel that they're more fitting cover subjects. But to each his/her own.

This is one of the rare magazines discussed on this site where I think celebrities of some kind are really the only appropriate cover subjects.

In any event, Amy looks like she'd dying for a bit of shut-eye on the cover. Henry looks intense and I like that the photo highlights the angles of his face (whereas they've done the opposite with Amy)
Well, I happen to have a number of 70s Interview issues and at that time Interview used to have more obscure cover stars and features - in fact - Interview MADE stars by using their superior taste. Of course, they certainly did feature their fair share of beefcake as well. It just wasn't this boring...

I know, it's hard to imagine in a day and age where the money making machine of Hollywood seems to govern 90% of all covers....but back in the 70s, Interview certainly was not that way....and Interview is the last magazine that should cater to the mainstream "Summer Blockbusters", simply because of their heritage.

In short: Interview should make stars, not cater to sub par PR projects.

05-06-2013
boop

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGofVERSAILLES View Post

I think you hit the nail on the head. Interview has always been about what is relevant at the moment in terms of popular culture and celebrity. The cover subject doesn't just have to look good, they have to be someone who represents the zeitgeist. Henry and Amy have arguably the biggest film of the summer, one that if it is successful will relaunch the original superhero franchise and propel both of them to new heights of fame. I don't think it gets more appropriate for Interview than that.

Besides, Andy Warhol loved Superman!

05-06-2013
clever ain't wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luxx View Post

I think you hit the nail on the head. Interview has always been about what is relevant at the moment in terms of popular culture and celebrity. The cover subject doesn't just have to look good, they have to be someone who represents the zeitgeist. Henry and Amy have arguably the biggest film of the summer, one that if it is successful will relaunch the original superhero franchise and propel both of them to new heights of fame. I don't think it gets more appropriate for Interview than that.

Besides, Andy Warhol loved Superman!
Well, Andy loving Superman makes it more ok....but I would wish Interview was more ahead of the curve...

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2013, adams, amy, cavill, henry, interview, jansson, july, june, june or july, mikael