How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

29-04-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerlinRocks View Post
deborah : i don't get it ... who's on the cover ? is there a different cover for each girls named on the cover (léa, audrey marnay, lou, clémence and mélanie) ?

lou is a pain in the a** ....
i think she has some films coming up.
maybe i'm just not that much into her but i think that's a long time i hadn't seen her involved in a movie.
oh and about the album ... is that why she's been dating benjamin biolay ?
frankly i hate this girl !
I think so. My newsagent only had the Jalouse with Lou on the cover.

29-04-2009
The future is stupid

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyc_art_style View Post
I'm just curious from those who read Jalouse, if it's a great magazine or not?
I bought it a couple of times... but for the same money I think Russh Australia is much better.

29-04-2009
fashion insider

I love Lou's look, best looking woman around IMO, so I don't mind at all seeing her in mags,I'm not really interested in her projects to tell the truth.

I really want to see Lea's cover. I love Clemence but the cover is a bit disappointing.

29-04-2009
trendsetter

Just for the record, Lou Doillon, Léa Seydoux,Mélanie Laurent,Audrey Marnay also have a cover (so I guess it should be mentioned in the title even though they haven't been posted yet.So far, a lot of threads have been entitled without the cover being posted at first so I don't see where the problem is).The pictures of Lou posted on the previous page don't feature on her editorial but are from the same shooting.All in all, it's a great issue, the styling and the models are great.

Quick review :

One ed + article about Lou Lesage (She's an actress/singer.The name of the photographer isn't mentioned.It might be her ? I have no idea).

There's an article about Caroline Maigret (actress/model featuring in the Jalouse film 2 y ago), styled by Anne Sophie Thomas shot by Edouard Plongeon.

'Léa' featuring Léa Seydoux, styled by Jennifer Eymère , shot by Ami Sioux.

'Audrey' shot by Daniel King styled by Anne Sophie Thomas.(grunge style)

'Mélanie' shot by Sébastien Cambos shot by Paul Schmidt (very girly, with flowers)

'Clémence' styled by Isabelle Peyrut shot by Eymeric Glaize (grainy and dark pictures)

'Couture Club' a long editorial styled by Jennifer Eymère and shot by Paul Schmidt, featuring young French girls (most of them are unknown, I only recognise Jordane Crantelle, who works at Chanel)

'Lou' styled by Jennifer Eymère and shot by Marine Braunshvig.

Each editorial of the cover girls features a short interview about their opinion of French identity and their upcoming projects.

There's a poster featuring the covers 'French Kisses by Jalouse and Gucci'.

It's really a nice issue.I MIGHT scan the eds when I get the time (tomorrow or on Friday).

Last edited by nanker_phledge; 29-04-2009 at 02:42 PM.
29-04-2009
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les_Sucettes View Post
I love Lou's look, best looking woman around IMO, so I don't mind at all seeing her in mags,I'm not really interested in her projects to tell the truth.

I really want to see Lea's cover. I love Clemence but the cover is a bit disappointing.
I have Lea's cover !

In my newsstand they only had her cover lol
I can scan it if you want

tfs star

well, I scanned it

Lea Seydoux
Photographer: Ami Sioux

Scanned by Party.in.Paris

backstage pass

Looking forward to scans of the actresses' editorials/alternative covers so much!

29-04-2009
tfs star

Lea Seydoux
Photographer: Ami Sioux
Styled by Jennifer Eymère

Scanned by Party.in.Paris

scenester

Personally, I love all the girls (especially Lou and Clemence), and can't wait to see all of the covers.

Does anyone know where to find Jalouse in SoCal?

29-04-2009
fashion insider

So pretty! thank you!

29-04-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanker_phledge View Post
Just for the record, Lou Doillon, Léa Seydoux,Mélanie Laurent,Audrey Marnay also have a cover (so I guess it should be mentioned in the title even though they haven't been posted yet.So far, a lot of threads have been entitled without the cover being posted at first so I don't see where the problem is).
the problem, for me, when I tried to add them all, is that the system just won't accept so many names for a title.. I'm sure MMA or someone from the area will know what to do, cause I do not.

thanks for posting all the pics, party.in.paris, Lea looks so lovely. I'm really eager to see Melanie's cover now, she's amazing and has some pretty good stuff coming up, I just hope they captured her well.. such a vibrant character.

Mr. Zhivago

Lea! She's well on her way to being the next Clemence Poesy, a cool French actress with effortless style

Can't wait to see Clemence's editorial

30-04-2009
tfs star

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyc_art_style View Post
I'm just curious from those who read Jalouse, if it's a great magazine or not?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMagAddict View Post
I bought it a couple of times... but for the same money I think Russh Australia is much better.
yes i wondering what jalouse was like cause i've never seen it around my area but to me no offence to others jalouse looks like the french version of nylon? am i wrong?

Last edited by mrsjamesdean; 30-04-2009 at 08:20 AM.
30-04-2009
trendsetter

No, you're not wrong...in substance/content : they have the same interest/focus on hipster girls (Corey Kennedy and co),they're very cliquey,and into that fluo graphic bull****...BUT, styling wise, while I'm regularly disappointed, they are better than Nylon...by far,both in content and length (I like some of their fashion editors like Isabelle Peyrut and Jennyfer Eymère) and well,as a French, I have to say they do provide some interesting infos about what goes on in Paris, they have often great ideas of 'theme' and articles for their issue (the 90's,teenagers,NY...).Also, I have to add that their issues aren't as good as they used to be when they started which were really original back then.

tfs star

^I agree with what you said

I can scans Mélanie and Clémence editorials tonight if no one does it before !

Tags
2009, clémence, jalouse, poésy