How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
View Poll Results: Best Cover ?
Jan: Ekat Kiseleva 0 0%
Feb: Inna Pilipenko 1 6.67%
Mar: Sona Matufkova 1 6.67%
Apr: Mona Johannesson 0 0%
May: Masha T 1 6.67%
Jun: Hannah Glasby 0 0%
Jul/Aug: Linda Vojtova 3 20.00%
Sep: Alina Ismailova 2 13.33%
Oct: Zuzana Gregorova 3 20.00%
Nov: ? 1 6.67%
Dec: Emma Mclaren 1 6.67%
None Of Them 2 13.33%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

26-09-2012
backstage pass

Quote:

A little bit Cinderella, and little bit Sleeping Beauty.

A maiden with golden hair, a symbol of purity and naivety. Perfect in her simplicity, with an almost incomparable beauty: a princess. Infront of her, appears a fairy-perhaps godmother, perhaps evil. The princess obeys when the fairy allures her to follow her.

Scene after scene, the princess runs, chases-meanwhile the fairy, like a stroke of magic, transforms her innocense into something of more ground, something more corrupt: the only strength which can corrupt purity is love.

The garments of the princess fade from the white of Celine, to the pink of Jil Sander, to the reflective flowers of Vivienne Westwood, to the metallic reflections of the leather of Dior. The fairy in the meantime camouflages in her shadows of the fairy, tale from Etro, to Missoni, to Ralph Lauren.

The fairy stops- an emerald green necklace by Lanvin illuminates her frightening face. The princess walks towards her- she is no longer pure, no longer fair-she is as complicated as every real woman. She slowly gets closer, with a sense of fear- she allows herself to be enthroned. The princess has become a queen, incomprehensible just like every queen. The queen of an uncertain Europe, and yet, still, and always, as magnificent.

DIRECTOR: WILLIAM9 – SEDICI:9 STUDIO

DIRECTOR OF PHOTOGRAPHY: PATRIZIO SACCÒ

STYLING: ISABELLE KOUTOURE

SCRIPT: TIM MARSHALL

STARING: ANNA Z @ BOOM E ANDREEA STANCU @ WOMEN

OPERATOR STEADYCAM: EMANUELE CERRI

ASSISTANT DIRECTOR: ALESSANDRA SCIRANO – SEDICI:9 STUDIO

EDITING: ANDREA DONISELLI

PRODUCER: MASSIMILIANO FRATICELLI – PLUNGER MEDIA MILANO

POSTPRODUZIONE: 24STEPS

SOUNDTRACK: J.P. LOAD

Last edited by Egoiste; 26-09-2012 at 12:41 PM.

26-09-2012
backstage pass

I miss looking at images on fashion magazine covers, and this is amazing! I don't care for the harsh pink which I usually hate, a very good start for this Italian version that I'm sure won't dissapoint.

26-09-2012
clever ain't wise

It looks like Shana and also Dorian Leigh.

26-09-2012
V.I.P.

L'Officiel Brazil - October 2012
Photographer: Marcelo Krasilcic
Model: Daiane Conterato

L'Officiel Brazil for my email

26-09-2012
backstage pass

L'Officiel Mada Lithuania October 2012 (without text)
Model: Ugnė
Photographers: Tomas Kauneckas & Neringa Morozaitė-Rassmusen

L'Officiel Mada Facebook

26-09-2012
front row

Preview of Queen of Cats L’Officiel Italia 2012

Model and stylist: Bainca Balti
Photographer: Marco Falcetta

swide.com

26-09-2012
front row

Ariane Labed in Dior

Quote:
Ariane Labed is one of those rare creatures which is best described as a reluctant star. Her aim is not for her name to get noticed or her face to be recognized, and yet… and yet her devotion to the craft of acting is so complete that she cannot prevent her roles from attracting attention. She shines in spite of herself.
That is why Ariane did not seek her first film role; the role sought her.
After training for years as a ballet dancer, Ariane decided at age 16 that she needed more creative input as to how her body was used, that she wanted to be «more than an instrument ». She stopped dance to explore theater, ultimately creating her own experimental, transnational, post-linguistic troupe, Vasistas.
She created shows, she acted in them, she performed physically demanding parts, she traveled, all on her own terms. Theater was her thing.
She didn’t ask to do film, she didn’t ask to have a leading role in a language she didn’t know, she didn’t ask to win an award bestowed by Quentin Tarentino, and she certainly didn’t ask to become famous.
Playing Marina in Athina Rachel Tsangari’s Attenberg, for which she won the Copa Volpi in Venice in 2010, was both an accident and her destiny.
An accident because Ariane almost reluctantly agreed to try cinema for the first time, and when shooting started, it was as second role. Soon though she had to learn not only a new role, but a whole new language she did not speak – Greek.
Destiny because, though of French parents and education, Ariane was born in Greece and lived there for 6 years before moving to Germany and then to France. Destiny because the role of Marina demanded jumping and screaming like a monkey, dancing, as well as some shocking tongue action, featured in the opening scene of the film. With the director, re-invented her role to make the most of her physical acting style.
No matter where life takes her, she still wants to be one those “women who don’t do what is expected of them, who don’t follow established order, who ignore the accepted standards of beauty, who rule on their own body, and who don’t wait to marry a king to become queens.”
For behind Ariane’s fair exterior lies a somber and strong beauty, an enigmatic queen, a dark star.

PHOTO BY RENE’ HABERMACHER
STYLING: ISABELLE KOUNTOURE
TEXT BY ANTOINE ASSERAF
lofficielitalia.com

26-09-2012
ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

pretty cover

26-09-2012
V.I.P.

For reference:

source: vivaversace.tumblr.com
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tumblr_lwc2hkBEHW1r2ta1oo1_500.jpg (138.7 KB, 6 views)

26-09-2012
fashion icon

I don't get it. They had the opportunity to start a magazine that will have a ''normal'' magazine covers, but instead they are the same like other Italian mags (VI, caugh, caugh), trying to be avant-garde. IMO, the first shot from these 3 with Ariane could've been a perfect stiriking cover.

27-09-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nouvelle_Vague View Post
Ariane Labed in Dior
This editorial is worth it alone.

27-09-2012
clever ain't wise

I think it's inspired and an original, fearless take...not to mention that the illustration captures the best things about the vintage Shana VI cover (the pose) and does not contain the vulgar aspects (cleavage, necklace)....promising!

I'm not 100% in on the editorials from what we've seen so far.

Last edited by iluvjeisa; 27-09-2012 at 01:22 AM.

27-09-2012
you soft and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srdjan View Post
I don't get it. They had the opportunity to start a magazine that will have a ''normal'' magazine covers, but instead they are the same like other Italian mags (VI, caugh, caugh), trying to be avant-garde. IMO, the first shot from these 3 with Ariane could've been a perfect stiriking cover.
What's wrong with being "avant-garde" (which I don't think this cover is). I'd much rather have something like this over a boring old "normal" magazine cover.

27-09-2012
clever ain't wise

^I think it is a bit innovative, actually. How many covers that are illustrations of other covers have you seen? And also, the text - just one little hard-to-get line in the lower left corner. Also almost unheard of.

But of course, if avant-garde means outrageous, outlandish, offensive, disturbing....then this is not avant-garde.

27-09-2012
you soft and only

^ Oh no, I think it's a great cover and the design is quite smart.

Avant-garde is just a bit more (as you said) outrageous, outlandish, offensive, etc. in my mind, just more extreme and boundary pushing?

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
lofficiel, worldwide